Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

orts_hi

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Try clean atmo setup without any mods or hb but make a bakcup of your files first, ofc you don't have a program with that id in your atmo/contents? I had a simillar issue a month ago but my program has C in the end instead of 0 and it turned out to be corrupted sd : /
Sorry, as I said I am very new at this so I dont really know what atmo means, but I checked if I had a folder and there is nothing atmo related on my sd card. I've never installed a theme or anything like that, could you elaborate a little bit more on the atmo stuff, or could you tell me how to do it?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did try that, like half a dozen times. It just kept rejecting me with the same error, and refusing to go any further. Wouldn't let me into Hekate or anything for a sanity check.

Only dumb luck had me toggle over to a folder that had the (I think?) TegraExplorer payload, and from there I was able to have it exit to reboot_payload and that has allowed me back in so far. That said, between 16.1.0 and Atmos 1.5.5(?) it's been real crash happy... which is especially awful since it would burn through about 1/3 of the battery life because it would keep the screen on while I was at work for an error I didn't even know it experienced.
I mean nobody forced you to update to firmware 16.1. All games worked on firmware 16.0 and there's no new feature worth updating for.

Gilgamashu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Anyone has this issue in switch lite? where if you boot to hekate and immediately use the joycon, it drifts? But if you boot to emummc or sysmmc there's no drifting issue. Was that normal? Or was my switch doomed?

Edit: Also if you don't touch the joycon immediately, there will be no drifting in hekate

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@orts_hi

i mean atmosphere if you dont have there folder with that id in contents i bet it might be a corrupted sd. But fist try to run on fresh atmosphere.

Strange i get some error lately on dbi also when instaling games :D but i dont have problem with booting up.

Last edited by Lamcza,

81Mat

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I need some help from you please. My switch is softmoded, I have been using the emuMMC for a while, with not only the DNS setup but also always in flight mode, to avoid internet connection.
Yesterday I set-up "dual-boot", so I was able to run also the stock OS. Everything was running fine... Among other stuff, I connected it to the internet on the original OS and updated the system. Now, when I try to inject a payload either via Tegra or Fusee Web Launcher, it says the device is not recognized on my laptop and the web browser says no device was found. I tested the USB cable, have the latest version of atmosphere, reinstalled the APX driver on my PC, and I'm on AutoRCM. Please, what am I missing?
Thank you!

minimanimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Hello,
I've managed to boot to the "No SD Card" screen with an HwFly RP2040 (picofly clone). It consistently boots, but if insert a microsd with Hekate+ Atmosphere package, after the glitch (so blue led and then yellow led) I get a black screen.
If I remove the micro sd card from the reader and power on, the “No SD Card” screen is shown successfully.
The switch is a Mariko V2.

I tried with 3 different SD cards (256GB, 64GB and 32GB). I have tried formatting with both “SD Card formatter” and “Rufus”.
For the content: I tried an already complete package found in a tutorial, I also tried another package from [KEFIR 709, Atmosphere 1.5.5, hekate 6.0.6].
Nothing, still the same problem.

Any idea/tip? Thanks

Last edited by minimanimo,

Gunoshozo

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hi, I've been looking into creating mods for NS games. So far I was able to find Ghidra with extension for NS specific files and tried to read assembly of a custom NSO file for a moded game that I'm interested in.
Also found some info about Skyline tool for modding/hooking but didn't find any decent documenation.
And all I can find on google is "How to INSTALL mods" "How to mod your SWITCH" and many other unreleated topics.
Can someone point me at a resource/page/article/guide about writing mods for NS games?

misiozol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I did try that, like half a dozen times. It just kept rejecting me with the same error, and refusing to go any further. Wouldn't let me into Hekate or anything for a sanity check.

Only dumb luck had me toggle over to a folder that had the (I think?) TegraExplorer payload, and from there I was able to have it exit to reboot_payload and that has allowed me back in so far. That said, between 16.1.0 and Atmos 1.5.5(?) it's been real crash happy... which is especially awful since it would burn through about 1/3 of the battery life because it would keep the screen on while I was at work for an error I didn't even know it experienced.
Connect charger simple.

Zarbon44

Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
Hello i was wondering about using multiple SD cards with different contents in them? Currently i have a 64gb SDCard in my switch and i intend to get a 256gb one and transfer contents from the old one into the new one. What i was wondering is can i install say android on a 64gb one, and just swap SD cards when i need it?

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello i was wondering about using multiple SD cards with different contents in them? Currently i have a 64gb SDCard in my switch and i intend to get a 256gb one and transfer contents from the old one into the new one. What i was wondering is can i install say android on a 64gb one, and just swap SD cards when i need it?
The SD card port is flaky on the Switch. You should try to avoid inserting and removing the card as much as possible. The port could break. You're better off installing everything on a big SD card and just boot to what you want. I wouldn't get a 256GB card. Aim for at least a 500GB card, or bigger if you can. They're much cheaper than they used to be.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone has this issue in switch lite? where if you boot to hekate and immediately use the joycon, it drifts? But if you boot to emummc or sysmmc there's no drifting issue. Was that normal? Or was my switch doomed?

Edit: Also if you don't touch the joycon immediately, there will be no drifting in hekate
isn't that in the readme? The joycons are calibrated when it boots. If you're tilting a joycon when it calibrates, THAT position is zero, so of course it will drift when you center the stick after that. This is a feature, not a bug. Quick fix is to just disconnect then reconnect the joycon.

What exactly do you mean by set up the files? I tried to follow the rentry tutorial and downloaded all the files from the links posted there and put it on my SD card. When I put the files in my SD card without the boot.dat file (from the sx gear zip) I still get the boot.dat? error screen and the green led stays on. When I put the boot.dat file (from the sx gear zip or the stethetix HATS files) on the SD card the green led blinks once and I get the black screen.
Rename hekate to payload.bin and put that on the root of your sd card and see what happens. You should at least boot into nyx. If booting HOS from there (sys or emu doesn't matter) still gives you a black screen, try it with nothing in the game cart slot.

Hello everybory,

Here is where I am right now, I have installed everything on my micro SD.
If I understand the procedure correctly the next step is to upgrade the firmware of a the RCM loader, put the RCM jig and hold the Vol+ and power.

Does someone has a RCM loader of 768 kb ?
I read it's a clone and they can create some problem or break easily ?
If someone had experience/information/tutorial to share on how to use it without breaking it, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you
grab hekate 5.9.0, rename it payload.bin and put that on your loader. Do not ever update it again. It will always load the newer version from your sd card, which is always in the correct spot when you download the latest from hekate's github repo.

Last edited by urherenow,

AyatoAiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Its possible to install hbmenu on a switch lite using the dns method?
Post automatically merged:

Its possible to install hbmenu with dns method on switch lite?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its possible to install hbmenu on a switch lite using the dns method?
Post automatically merged:

Its possible to install hbmenu with dns method on switch lite?
Hbmenu doesn’t get “installed“ on anything. It just sits on your sd card. It’s included with Atmosphere, so step 1: get CFW running on your light, which requires a mod chip. Done. There is no step 2.

MrLeche

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it just me? I'm searching for PSPPP emu solely inside the switch forum coz I'm not sure if the game I'm playing just simply crashes and one point only in the switch port of psppp. Castlevania Dracula X Chron. Tryin' to unlock SOTN so I can play with.

LeoBailey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know its not hacking related, but why on earth wont my joycons charge when hooked up on the main device (but not plugged in the dock) ?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me? I'm searching for PSPPP emu solely inside the switch forum coz I'm not sure if the game I'm playing just simply crashes and one point only in the switch port of psppp. Castlevania Dracula X Chron. Tryin' to unlock SOTN so I can play with.
never played with that, but if you're searching for psppp, you'll never find it. It's ppsspp.

ymaniz09

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I accidentally hit update when starting the game; it's probably on 16.1.0, but I'm unsure how to check it.
I updated both hekate v6.0.6 & Nyx v1.5.5 and also SigPatches.

Still, when I launch sysMMC, the screen remains black.

Thanks, guys!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accidentally hit update when starting the game; it's probably on 16.1.0, but I'm unsure how to check it.
I updated both hekate v6.0.6 & Nyx v1.5.5 and also SigPatches.

Still, when I launch sysMMC, the screen remains black.

Thanks, guys!

Update atmosphere files also.

Reactions: ymaniz09

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong