Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

shunkazami37

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Is it possible that I can transfer my saved file from Yuzu to a clean Switch using the ACNH Island transfer tool?
Untitled.png

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a generation 2 switch and am interested in homebrewing it, but to be sure, I wanted to ask the professionals some questions first.

1. RCM Jig
I discovered something I´ve never seen, which is a small connector you slide into the right joycon slot. My question is: Would it work to first use the joycon connector THEN use the RCM jig on a gen 2 switch? Or is the connector already included in RCM jig packages, specifically made for gen 1?

2. Online features
I am worried about losing my ability to buy games, play with friends online and use online apps and games in general. My question is: Does homebrewing remove your online features? If not, can it? If so, what could make it do it?

3. Bonus features
I know you can modify your main menu, mod games and all, but I would like to know other cool abilities included with homebrewing.

Thanks to anyone that replies!
  1. There is no such thing as "generational" gaps for Nintendo Switch consoles. You either have an Erista (unpatched or patched), Mariko, or Aula unit. Also all Nintendo Switch consoles have the same Joycon rails, except the Lite, so jigs aren't differentiated either
  2. Any usage of CFW/hacking/homebrew can lead to a ban
  3. The scene is over 5 years old and it is a very comprehensive list but some other features you unlock include overclocking, cheats, save dumping/modifying, and of course piracy

GOT85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everyone! I sold my modified switch but I have another one that I would like to modify, it's a V1 2017, before selling I backed up the data, to modify the other one (always v1 2017) can I simply copy the files of the old one?

Corlin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I recently got a modded switch lite, and while I was able to get EmuNAND to work just fine, both SysNAND and Stock boot to black and don't progress further regardless of how long I wait, with Stock showing a Nintendo logo first. The mod was a picofly install mail-in service, and I bought the lite off of ebay and sent it in directly to be modded, but it seems like the lite worked normally before the installation from the listing. Does anyone know why this would be happening and if there's anything I could do to fix it, or if it was the result of an accident in the installation, and I can't do anything directly without any experience soldering?

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
hello again :X so my switch went off becouse of discharging to 0% : o and now i cant boot atmo

Error Code: 2162-0002 (0x4a2)
Program: 010000000000100c
Firm 15.0.1 atmo 1.5.4 --- (now becouse i do completly clean install of it and hekate plus fusee)

No i dont have themes never tried them and there is no 01000000000100C folder in atmo contents folder in fact i have now zero program folders in there becouse of running clean..
Stock system runs perfectly fine.

Last edited by Lamcza,

gir2411

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting read to mod my Mariko Switch with a Hwfly RP2040 and wanted to check if my plan to backup save games makes sense. I have my partner's Mariko Switch as well, and both are running HOS 16.0.3. I do not have Nintendo Switch Online, so I was planning on doing the following:
  1. Use the Data Management -> Transfer Your Save Data feature to transfer my TotK save to the second Switch
  2. Install the Hwfly on the primary Switch
  3. Boot into Hekate, backup NAND + keys
  4. Copy NAND + keys backup to my laptop for safe keeping
  5. Setup EmuNAND with Atmosphere following the guide on Rentry, creating a partition based EmuNAND
  6. Verify Atmosphere is working
  7. Reboot into OFW
  8. Transfer save data back from secondary switch to primary Switch
  9. Reboot into CFW
  10. Use JKSV to copy save from SysNAND to EmuNAND
The ultimate goal is to get TotK playable with overclocks, among other things. Does this sound like a solid plan or am I missing something? Thanks!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting read to mod my Mariko Switch with a Hwfly RP2040 and wanted to check if my plan to backup save games makes sense. I have my partner's Mariko Switch as well, and both are running HOS 16.0.3. I do not have Nintendo Switch Online, so I was planning on doing the following:
  1. Use the Data Management -> Transfer Your Save Data feature to transfer my TotK save to the second Switch
  2. Install the Hwfly on the primary Switch
  3. Boot into Hekate, backup NAND + keys
  4. Copy NAND + keys backup to my laptop for safe keeping
  5. Setup EmuNAND with Atmosphere following the guide on Rentry, creating a partition based EmuNAND
  6. Verify Atmosphere is working
  7. Reboot into OFW
  8. Transfer save data back from secondary switch to primary Switch
  9. Reboot into CFW
  10. Use JKSV to copy save from SysNAND to EmuNAND
The ultimate goal is to get TotK playable with overclocks, among other things. Does this sound like a solid plan or am I missing something? Thanks!

You don't have to move the save if the Switch that have the save is the unit getting chipped.

Ishimoro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to decompress the main file in a games exefs using hactool, but i keep getting key mismatch errors even after i dumped my keys with the latest lockpickrcm, does hactool not accept new keys?

KrAzY3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.rydas.com
XP
Country
United States
Is there an actual noob friendly guide in hacking the Switch to its desired conclusion (who on earth would want to do it and not play backups?)

I spent the past few hours trying to get stuff installed and working and I got three games out of a dozen to install and one of those three to work and then when I tried resolving that I now have 0 that work.

The information is pretty spread out and convoluted... Just one obstacle after another, like wrong format initially, then changed format still didn't work, had to use a partition program to get it to work, program to install games didn't work in applet mode which for some reason is the default mode because who would want things to work?, then got errors on install, tried sys-patch to resolve the errors and that just kept the one surviving game from working...

Reactions: MrMrMr

Bajdo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
After updating my switch to latest firmware/CFW I seem to be able to connect to e-shop, Nintendo servers etc again. I could not do this before..Some part of the process I missed like blocking servers again or whatever? Has the blocking process been updated?

MrMrMr

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there an actual noob friendly guide in hacking the Switch to its desired conclusion (who on earth would want to do it and not play backups?)

I spent the past few hours trying to get stuff installed and working and I got three games out of a dozen to install and one of those three to work and then when I tried resolving that I now have 0 that work.

The information is pretty spread out and convoluted... Just one obstacle after another, like wrong format initially, then changed format still didn't work, had to use a partition program to get it to work, program to install games didn't work in applet mode which for some reason is the default mode because who would want things to work?, then got errors on install, tried sys-patch to resolve the errors and that just kept the one surviving game from working...
I agree I’m finding it very difficult to jump between things, guides etc not knowing what is what.

I’ve managed to get Homebrew on running, have tried to get backups working but just get 2155-

I’ve installed sigpatches, but same error, someone suggested linkAlho, but hasn’t worked either.

I’m currently stuck, and spent a lot of time, trying different things. Seems it’s complicated.

Any help? As say I have Hekate, I boot into atmosphere, can run homebrew.

I installed DBI and backed up a cart, get error 2155-1007, needs connection to server?

Tried numerous suggested solutions but none are working. Why would a game always need connection to server? What happens when your offline in middle of nowhere say to play a game?

Reactions: KrAzY3

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

The guide to follow if you want that desired conclusion is the rentry guide. The other guides, although useful, don't cover the important step of installing sigpatches, probably because they have a policy of no piracy. It doesn't hurt to read different guides, but ultimately, follow the guide I mentioned.

I installed DBI and backed up a cart, get error 2155-1007, needs connection to server?

Tried numerous suggested solutions but none are working. Why would a game always need connection to server? What happens when your offline in middle of nowhere say to play a game?
Have you tried to delete your wifi settings altogether? My Switch never goes online, so that's what I did, and I never had the problem you have. Of course, that means no ftp access and no homebrew store or tinfoil shop, but I do everything through Hekate UMS transfer and DBI USB installation, so not an issue for me.

Last edited by Dust2dust,
Reactions: KrAzY3

darrentheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have hacked a switch once before about a year ago or so.

I can't remember if I had this issue before, but I am using fusee-launcher to send the lockpick_rcm package, dumping keys from SYSNand & then booting into Hekate. When in Hekate, I'm trying to boot in to the SysNand, so I can dump a base ticket for a game using nxdumptool. When I try to boot into the SysNand with Atmosphere, I keep getting an error after showing the Nintendo Logo. Information below:

Error Code: 2168-0001 (0x2a8)
Program: 420000000007E51A
Firmware: 16.0.3 (Atmosphere 1.5.2-master-434c8efc

What could be going wrong? I've formatted the SD card and set it up again using sdsetup . com

Any help is appreciated!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have hacked a switch once before about a year ago or so.

I can't remember if I had this issue before, but I am using fusee-launcher to send the lockpick_rcm package, dumping keys from SYSNand & then booting into Hekate. When in Hekate, I'm trying to boot in to the SysNand, so I can dump a base ticket for a game using nxdumptool. When I try to boot into the SysNand with Atmosphere, I keep getting an error after showing the Nintendo Logo. Information below:

Error Code: 2168-0001 (0x2a8)
Program: 420000000007E51A
Firmware: 16.0.3 (Atmosphere 1.5.2-master-434c8efc

What could be going wrong? I've formatted the SD card and set it up again using sdsetup . com

Any help is appreciated!

Update your tesla and its overlays but then again I won't use SD setup it is outdated.

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the Homebrew SD Setup page still being updated? I've been waiting for the newest release of Atmosphere (v1.5.4 I think) to show up there. Its been several months now and the version of Atmosphere on that site is still v1.5.2.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the Homebrew SD Setup page still being updated? I've been waiting for the newest release of Atmosphere (v1.5.4 I think) to show up there. Its been several months now and the version of Atmosphere on that site is still v1.5.2.
I've noticed that also. Better to get your own files anyways, to get the newest of all things you use/ need, from github or other sites that are updated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu:
    hey sylv? do you know why gameyob crashes on the EZP?
    @SylverReZ forgor to tag lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, Maybe ask the EZ-Flash team.
    maybe tomorrow lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You can make a post on the DS forum about your findings, and they'll do their best to respond. They have a GBAtemp account here, you know.
    oh ye i made a post i did forget they had an account i prob shouldve tagged them in the post
    tbh
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, Would've been a great idea, because they'll notice.
    +1
    im not a very bright individual, but we live and we learn
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, We do learn a lot from plenty of talented individuals.
    this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to be doing fine.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's a relief to hear. Do you know what happened?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Well, from what I've heard from my parents, he had a seizure last night, perhaps an epileptic episode, fucking died, had a near death experience, my dad called the paramedics, they showed up, took him to the hospital, and he woke up covered in tubes, and started complaining.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    He couldn't eat until after his MRI, when he had a bomb pop.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    What matters now is that he's doing alright.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But you still don't know what it was?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Has he had seizures before?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    apparently stress can cause seizures, my brother had one during a test once
    never had one before that, and never had one since
  • Redleviboy123 @ Redleviboy123:
    Question about game texture chanching Do i need an own game id?
    @Veho for those that want to
    experience being sonic the hedgehog
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Veho for those that want to experience being sonic the hedgehog