Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

RubyRoid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Update: I was able to fix it!

Reinstalled the chip with better wiring, replaced resistors on CMD and DAT0 lines with 100 Ohm ones, which fixed the slow eMMC warnings, and performed NAND rebuild which fixed the pkg1 error.

Got Switch Lite with freshly installed picofly, getting an error trying to boot emunand: Package1 seems corrupt!
IMG_5375.jpeg

When trying to boot Warmboot fix:
IMG_5374.jpeg

When trying to dump package1/2:
IMG_5376.jpeg

Picofly is flashed with latest firmware 2.73. It flashes red shortly when I turn on the console and boots into hekate.

UPDATE:
I also get this on eMMC info page:
IMG_5379.jpeg

IMG_5382.jpeg

Is there a way to fix it?

Last edited by RubyRoid,

hungulotergas

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I need some help.

I'm new here, so apologies if there are any transgressions of the rules in my post. I'm also a stock user, no experience modding or hacking whatsoever.
I want to find some way to revert the update for ToTK. I'm sick to death of Nintendo and other companies claiming right to do whatever they want with software the consumer has already purchased.
I want my duplication glitch, damnit, and I'll get it back by any means. After a brief search I foud the names "Tinfoil", which seems to be geared towards pirating games for free, along with "devmenu", which seems helpful, but something I'd need help with installing safely.

I have no desire to pirate games or do anything else really, just to revert one update on one game (something we should all be able to do easily). Preferrably something relatively reversible, so that afterwards I could go back online and resume playing like nothing happened (while refusing to update until I am ready, of course). Any help is appreciated.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some help.

I'm new here, so apologies if there are any transgressions of the rules in my post. I'm also a stock user, no experience modding or hacking whatsoever.
I want to find some way to revert the update for ToTK. I'm sick to death of Nintendo and other companies claiming right to do whatever they want with software the consumer has already purchased.
I want my duplication glitch, damnit, and I'll get it back by any means. After a brief search I foud the names "Tinfoil", which seems to be geared towards pirating games for free, along with "devmenu", which seems helpful, but something I'd need help with installing safely.

I have no desire to pirate games or do anything else really, just to revert one update on one game (something we should all be able to do easily). Preferrably something relatively reversible, so that afterwards I could go back online and resume playing like nothing happened (while refusing to update until I am ready, of course). Any help is appreciated.
You will need to hack the console of course. However unless your console is unpatched or manufactured roughly before June of 2018, the only way to hack it would be with a modchip which requires soldering. And even if you are able to hack it, you're going to have to delete the save data since the new save data is tied to the update. Just uninstalling the update is not going to enough to get the game working on a lower version.

hungulotergas

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
You will need to hack the console of course. However unless your console is unpatched or manufactured roughly before June of 2018, the only way to hack it would be with a modchip which requires soldering. And even if you are able to hack it, you're going to have to delete the save data since the new save data is tied to the update. Just uninstalling the update is not going to enough to get the game working on a lower version.
Damn. Will an autosave before the update work?

Edit: Actually, my manual save was hours before I accepted the update. Is that of any help?

Last edited by hungulotergas,

RubyRoid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Got Switch Lite with freshly installed picofly, getting an error trying to boot emunand: Package1 seems corrupt!
Guess it's a paperweight now. Uninstalled the chip, the console doesn't show anything on the screen when I press Power button or insert the charger.

• Sad
Reactions: tabzer

gr33nm4n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have a switch manufactured prior to 2018, but its firmware is updated to current. I'm only looking to use the ram editor for game genie like editing of item # in an already saved game (totk obviously) but want to avoid bricking my switch. Does this still have the potential to cause irreparable harm simply using it for stated purpose?

ClumpPridd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hoping somebody can help me? I started loading Hekate/atmosphere onto my V1 Switch this morning. I successfully loaded it on but messed something up trying to add Sys Clk OC. I wasn't sure where i had gone wrong so i deleted everything factory reset my Switch and erased the SD card to start again.

Now when I went through the same steps to load Hekate (without the sys clk OC stuff) I get an error when trying to load into SysEmummc, as follows:

Error while loading fss0 :

atmosphere/package3

wrong ini cfg or missing/corrupt files!

Failed to launch HOS!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. (hekate version 6.0.3/ atmosphere 1.5.3)

ketchup-man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My hekate gives the error pkg1 is unknown. It says HOS not supported or emummc corrupted. I am on the latest atmosphere, hekate, and firmware. I already tried formatting and re-doing the files. How do I fix this?

AsmodeusMac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am unable to update Atmosphere. I am stuck on 1.5.2 I would like to be on 1.5.3. Downloading the 1.5.3 zip...and dropping the folders ATMOSPHERE and SWITCH plus the hbmenu.nro file to the switches SD root does not work. I try using the fusee.bin from the 1.5.3 release and I get an error. If I send the OLD 1.5.2 with webFusee it loads to Atmosphere 1.5.2 What am I doing wrong?

ClumpPridd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know it wasn't directed at me but your 'rentry erista emunand' link has helped me so much over the last 24 hours. I've never done modding etc before, but for some reason the way the information is laid out here i've made a few intuitive leaps and now i'm gradually starting to understand how all these files and folders are interacting when i'm loading CFW onto my sd card (much better than following youtube videos and blindly completing steps without understanding why).

Now i'm using terminal to create simple files like .ini and .txt in specific directories and i'm starting to understand their functions. I'm still a complete noob and keep making mistakes but i'm closer than I was. Thanks, Shadow. I really appreciate it.

kvwong1021

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
my switch is mariko with shallowsea. previosly i use the shallowsea updater to update the shallowsea and it failed.
later on i do it manually and now my switch can run as normal. but errors that need press start to restart always happen. how can i remove shallowsea and just use pure atmos? thanks

Reactions: Shadow#1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F