Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

wikisa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
hello, I'm a total newbie so forgive me if I ask about things that're dumb or already answered (tried to use search but I cannot found it). I bought switch lite relatively cheap, so I consider migration from my old ps vita to switch after jailbreaking it.

1. I have some experience with smd soldering so modchip should be doable, but I cannot understand one thing - some HWFLY modchips have additional "power delivery 3.3V flex" from nand flex, and some dont:

mspaint_03UHTCZWtO.png

I also found a video from ModzvilleUSA and he soldered version without that 3.3V arm. Is that 3.3V arm not need on switch lite or what? If not needed then on what pin the 3.3V is delivered to modchip?

2. I readed mixed answers about is it possible to boot into official os after installing hwfly. So is it possible or no? I meant case when I use CFW for offline retro games, with possibility to reboot and boot into official OS where I can play online games or download updates for games that I'll buy. If yes then how? After rebooting with some combination of buttons etc?

3. On aliexpress there are hwfly lite v5. Is it worth buying, or should I try hwfly lite 4.2 (because more people do it or something like that)?

Cheers.

Last edited by wikisa,

Absolute_Vile

Perfect Reploid
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I need some help, i wana change from using a switch with a 1tb micro sd to a diferent switch, but i dont know how it works, the switch itself only has saves and nothing more, if i change to another switch will i need another sd with th same capacity to transfer all? or it will just pass user data and stuff?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello, I'm a total newbie so forgive me if I ask about things that're dumb or already answered (tried to use search but I cannot found it). I bought switch lite relatively cheap, so I consider migration from my old ps vita to switch after jailbreaking it.

1. I have some experience with smd soldering so modchip should be doable, but I cannot understand one thing - some HWFLY modchips have additional "power delivery 3.3V flex" from nand flex, and some dont:

View attachment 352123

I also found a video from ModzvilleUSA and he soldered version without that 3.3V arm. Is that 3.3V arm not need on switch lite or what? If not needed then on what pin the 3.3V is delivered to modchip?
it’s still there, just getting it through a different route. All versions of the HWFLY kits need to get power. The form factor of the cables must match your Switch Lite (assuming you have a Lite because that’s the kits yiu are looking at.) Everything else is just ”improvements” the vendors are doing to try and keep sales going. Once installed…they all work the same.
2. I readed mixed answers about is it possible to boot into official os after installing hwfly. So is it possible or no? I meant case when I use CFW for offline retro games, with possibility to reboot and boot into official OS where I can play online games or download updates for games that I'll buy. If yes then how? After rebooting with some combination of buttons etc?
Mine allows booting into OFW. I can‘t think of a case where you can’t. Maybe they mean not directly because you’re installing a glitch chip? Dunno…that’s a first for me.
3. On aliexpress there are hwfly lite v5. Is it worth buying, or should I try hwfly lite 4.2 (because more people do it or something like that)?

Cheers.
Cheapest modern one is the best one. The 4.x is fine. They all do the same stuff. Like I said, vendors “creating buzz” vs must have improvements.
Post automatically merged:

I need some help, i wana change from using a switch with a 1tb micro sd to a diferent switch, but i dont know how it works, the switch itself only has saves and nothing more, if i change to another switch will i need another sd with th same capacity to transfer all? or it will just pass user data and stuff?
Nothing is transferable to another switch. You will need a fresh copy of Sysnand from the new Switch for Emunand. The installed games won’t work.

Buy a new SDCard for the new switch or format the one you have.

e: I take it back, your homebrew and game saves should work but you will have to export/import your game saves after you install the games, so really, only your homebrew will transfer.

Reactions: wikisa

Absolute_Vile

Perfect Reploid
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
it’s still there, just getting it through a different route. All versions of the HWFLY kits need to get power. The form factor of the cables must match your Switch Lite (assuming you have a Lite because that’s the kits yiu are looking at.) Everything else is just ”improvements” the vendors are doing to try and keep sales going. Once installed…they all work the same.

Mine allows booting into OFW. I can‘t think of a case where you can’t. Maybe they mean not directly because you’re installing a glitch chip? Dunno…that’s a first for me.

Cheapest modern one is the best one. The 4.x is fine. They all do the same stuff. Like I said, vendors “creating buzz” vs must have improvements.

Nothing is transferable to another switch. You will need a fresh copy of Sysnand from the new Switch for Emunand. The installed games won’t work.

Buy a new SDCard for the new switch or format the one you have.

e: I take it back, your homebrew and game saves should work but you will have to export/import your game saves after you install the games, so really, only your homebrew will transfer.
I was under the impresion that the switch had the same option as the 3ds to automatically transfer all data from one console to another.
EDIT: Wait so that means i cant just transfer user data and change sd from one to aother? i have to redownload 1tb worth of games again?, well that sounds terribly painful and unnesesary, the 3ds just has a system change and it use the same sd. Well anyways, thanks for the help, better start now if i wana finish by next mont

Last edited by Absolute_Vile,
Reactions: binkinator

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have to redownload 1tb worth of games again?, well that sounds terribly painful and unnesesary, the 3ds just has a system change and it use the same sd. Well anyways, thanks for the help, better start now if i wana finish by next mont
You could always dump your installed games to nsp format, and then just reinstall them to the other Switch. Or if you didn't use shops for installation and still have the nsp files on your computer, even easier then. I only download nsz (or nsp) files, personally, and keep them on a hard disk as backup, so I never encountered that situation myself.

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was under the impresion that the switch had the same option as the 3ds to automatically transfer all data from one console to another.
EDIT: Wait so that means i cant just transfer user data and change sd from one to aother? i have to redownload 1tb worth of games again?, well that sounds terribly painful and unnesesary, the 3ds just has a system change and it use the same sd. Well anyways, thanks for the help, better start now if i wana finish by next mont
Ayup…on Switch the Sysnand is married to that particular Switch. The SDCard you make will have an Emunand which will be a copy of the Sysnand so it too is married to that specific Switch. On Switch, everything is signed and paired up. You can technically use Ninty services to migrate save games Online but if you‘re using games that you ”backed up” from an “Online friend” that would be a one-and-done scenario (meaning do it once and then you’re banned).

You would still have to reinstall all your games though…non-transferable.

Reactions: Absolute_Vile

ninjabean

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have an issue where after getting past the switch logo on boot the screen stays black indefinitely (you can still see the backlight though). This happens whether I boot through hekate or with the fusee.bin. I've tried updating Atmosphere, Hekate, and the sig patches to try to solve this and I did manage to get into atmosphere once but not again. After this I just deleted the Atmosphere folder and started fresh, but still same issue.

I'm still on firmware 14.1.2 for the record but I assumed that Atmosphere and Hekate would be compatible anyway. I already backed up everything onto my PC when I initially hacked my switch following the rentry guide, and it was working fine at that time so I assume the backup is good. Stock firmware doesn't seem to be affected as I can still boot in just fine with my SD card removed. If there's any logs or anything you want me to provide I'd be happy to.

Nkrlz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
Is there any way to adjust the left and right channels on modded switch while it is docked? Or my only option is to buy a pair of headphones that allow for individual volume control directly?

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a microsd card in my switch and I notice that it has a 64gb partition called "other" that seemingly has 0kb free on it. Is this standard?

I have switch SD partition like I'd expect but then also this 64gb partition which I wouldn't mind the space back if it was possible

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have a Switch with ATM that I keep in airplane mode. Is it possible to play the NSO NES/SNES/etc games? Whenever I launch it, it tells me to get out of airplane mode and won't let me go further.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have an issue where after getting past the switch logo on boot the screen stays black indefinitely (you can still see the backlight though). This happens whether I boot through hekate or with the fusee.bin. I've tried updating Atmosphere, Hekate, and the sig patches to try to solve this and I did manage to get into atmosphere once but not again. After this I just deleted the Atmosphere folder and started fresh, but still same issue.

I'm still on firmware 14.1.2 for the record but I assumed that Atmosphere and Hekate would be compatible anyway. I already backed up everything onto my PC when I initially hacked my switch following the rentry guide, and it was working fine at that time so I assume the backup is good. Stock firmware doesn't seem to be affected as I can still boot in just fine with my SD card removed. If there's any logs or anything you want me to provide I'd be happy to.
Do you have a /atmosphere/contents directory? If so, temporarily move it to /atmosphere/contents.bk and try to boot again.

Is there any way to adjust the left and right channels on modded switch while it is docked? Or my only option is to buy a pair of headphones that allow for individual volume control directly?
Not aware of any audio mixer type software for Switch, unfortunately.

Anyone else know of anything?

I have a microsd card in my switch and I notice that it has a 64gb partition called "other" that seemingly has 0kb free on it. Is this standard?

I have switch SD partition like I'd expect but then also this 64gb partition which I wouldn't mind the space back if it was possible
Is this a hacked OLED. If so, this is likely your emunand. You probably don’t want to delete it.

I have a Switch with ATM that I keep in airplane mode. Is it possible to play the NSO NES/SNES/etc games? Whenever I launch it, it tells me to get out of airplane mode and won't let me go further.
Block Ninty connectivity using built in dns:mitm and exosphere and then you can safely (relatively) turn on WiFi.

https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM

Last edited by binkinator,

klysfer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My questions are:

1. Can we replace the content of a game cartridge with another xci?

2. Which method, even complex, work to hack fusee patched switches?

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My questions are:

1. Can we replace the content of a game cartridge with another xci?

2. Which method, even complex, work to hack fusee patched switches?
1. I'm sure a game cartridge is read-only, so not possible.
2. The method that's known to work is called a modchip. It's well documented.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Paint is coming off my joycon rails, is that something I should care about or it's normal after 1 year of use ?
They still work perfectly fine atm.
IMG_20230210_133547.jpg

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh no I don't care about the cosmetic issue, but I was wondering if it could degrade the rail and make them working non-correctly.

Well it is paint so it might get paint stuck on the rail on the tablet side, other than that probably no major issue, if you see paint just clean it off.

Crowla33R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For your FAT32 partition you can just pop it in windows and copy paste everything you can see to a local PC folder.

For your hidden partition boot into Hekate and backup you emummc/emunand.

please take a screen shot of the Switch/External SD card/sxos you mentioned. It’s not clear to me.

How do I find out which kind of partition I have ?

And if I choose to backup from Hekate, where will the backup files be created? I can just plug in USB and transfer files from selecting option in Hekate?

Also this is screenshot of what's inside sxos folder

Attachments

• sample1111.png
    sample1111.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 13

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I find out which kind of partition I have ?

And if I choose to backup from Hekate, where will the backup files be created? I can just plug in USB and transfer files from selecting option in Hekate?

Also this is screenshot of what's inside sxos folder

Check under computer disc management, if there is unallocated space it is hidden partition

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_