Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

MrDeaan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello ppl, pretty new to all this, I sent off my switch OLED to get the hwfly chip installed. Got it back to me a couple of days ago was all going well everything setup nicely I think, I keep getting a problem when I turn off the switch it keep booting into the ofw and not heketa like it did at the start any ideas what’s going on? One video shows it working and loading up heketa and the other one just booting up ofw. Also light flashes purple for a bit and then green on the chip.

Attachments

• C7889E8C-9837-4FBD-B921-FA345743DF41.jpeg
    C7889E8C-9837-4FBD-B921-FA345743DF41.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 23
Last edited by MrDeaan,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, here ya go! Just replace the second Title ID with that of the game you want to use!

(You'll have to excuse the zip, not sure how to post ini coding in the comments yet lol)

Let me know how it works!
Oh nice!

based on the comments in the template file:

Code:
[hbl_config]
; Program Specific Config
; Up to 8 program-specific configurations can be set.
; These use `program_id_#`, `override_address_space_#`, and `override_key_#`
; where # is in range [0,7].
; program_id_0=010000000000100D
; override_address_space=39_bit
; override_key_0=!R

; Any Application Config
; Note that this will only apply to program IDs that
; are both applications and not specified above
; by a program specific config.
; override_any_app=true
; override_any_app_key=R
; override_any_app_address_space=39_bit
; path=atmosphere/hbl.nsp

[default_config]
; override_key=!L
; cheat_enable_key=!L

You followed the pattern in the first stanza and repeated it for two iterations. As long as R is NOT pressed for Album or CBNST it will launch HBMenu. Pressing R on any other title will also get you to HBMenu based on the next stanza. Succinct and to the point. Thanks!

Code:
[hbl_config]
Program Specific Config
program_id_0=010000000000100D
override_address_space=39_bit
override_key_0=!R
program_id_1=0100D1B006744000
override_key_1=!R

Any Application Config
override_any_app=true
override_any_app_key=R
override_any_app_address_space=39_bit
path=atmosphere/hbl.nsp

[default_config]
override_key=!L
cheat_enable_key=!L

I think there should be a ; before the comments “Program Specific Config” and ”Any Application Config”.
Just saw your update that ^THIS^ is actually the part that is necessary to make things work properly.

Edit: Oh, whoops, I managed to figure it out! I'm a total noob at this, and didn't realize that the text "Program Specific Config" line (in "override_config.ini") was important to keep, so I always was ending up deleting it when I was editing the default file, lol (to be honest, I just thought that was part of the file description...)! But now it's working properly! Thanks, guys!

Wow! Nice find!

I still don’t understand the 30_bit piece, but if it works, it works!

Last edited by binkinator,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to make sure I am reading this correctly, when I inject hekate_ctcaer_6.0.1.bin through TegraRcmGUI and then launch Atmosphere FFS0 SYS, I can just go online and play whatever game I want? I just set up CFW on the Switch and I'm planning on using my legal and valid PKHex Pokémon for some online battles in Scarlet.
I'm also planning to start my Violet run as well, so is it alright to start a new file through Atmosphere FFS0 SYS?
No, that user wanted to use Hekate to launch Stock mode in order to go online which is fine since Stock mode nor Hekate count as CFW/homebrew. However using Hekate to launch the CFW, Atmosphere, can get you banned even if the Pokemon are legal or valid.

Galafudd

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Heyy. Sorry to bother. I've tried to ask around and Google, but had no luck so far.
My Switch recently has something weird going on where it will reboot after some time in sleep mode while on the dock. So I'll play normally, then put it in sleep mode. Then after some time, I'll boot it up, only to find it's in RCM, waiting for a payload (AutoRCM is enabled).
Has anyone heard of anything similar happening? Any ideas on what it could be?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heyy. Sorry to bother. I've tried to ask around and Google, but had no luck so far.
My Switch recently has something weird going on where it will reboot after some time in sleep mode while on the dock. So I'll play normally, then put it in sleep mode. Then after some time, I'll boot it up, only to find it's in RCM, waiting for a payload (AutoRCM is enabled).
Has anyone heard of anything similar happening? Any ideas on what it could be?
That’s a really strange behavior. Is it running out of battery?

maybe try the magic maintenance mode (just do steps 1 and 2…no need to do 3….just reboot) and see if that resets something?

https://en-americas-support.nintend...to-update-nintendo-switch-in-maintenance-mode

Does this happen when just plugged in to the power supply alone?
Post automatically merged:

Hello! Is there a tutorial on how to set a DNS on 2 switches when I want to play ACNH with one nintendo account online?
i’ve not heard of such a thing. That doesn’t mean anything though. I don’t know a lot of things. Can you please add a bit more about what this is going to achieve? One account on both switches and always the same game state on both Switches?

anyone else know what this is? I’m stumped right off the bat.

ovocie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i’ve not heard of such a thing. That doesn’t mean anything though. I don’t know a lot of things. Can you please add a bit more about what this is going to achieve? One account on both switches and always the same game state on both Switches?

anyone else know what this is? I’m stumped right off the bat.
No like I have a one nintendo account and I am logged in on both switches (with this one acc). And I have one switch with one island and one acnh acc no.1 and the other switch with another island and another acnh acc no.2. But they are two copies of the game. On one switch I buy it in eshop and on another switch I have a card version of the game. And I want to use the online version of game on both at the same time and Nintendo do not want to allow it.

Drachenlibelle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey binkinator,

with your help I was able to update my switch without any problems. However, I have a quick question:

You said that the sysnand and emunand have the same applications installed because they both pull data from the same folder. Is it now possible to install Nsps on my Emunand with Exosphere and play them offline and still go online on the CFW Sysnand?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey binkinator,

with your help I was able to update my switch without any problems. However, I have a quick question:

You said that the sysnand and emunand have the same applications installed because they both pull data from the same folder. Is it now possible to install Nsps on my Emunand with Exosphere and play them offline and still go online on the CFW Sysnand?
Good deal! Glad you're sorted.

Emunand is a point in time copy of Sysnand. once you start playing different sessions on each, however, they diverge and are no longer the same. What happens to one in no way impacts the other. Think of them as two different machines moving forward.

The beauty of this is that you can keep your Sysnand 100% clean and go online and if you happen to slip up and install something ban-worthy on your Emunand it's not a huge risk provided you've configured exosphere and dns:mitm properly according to this guide:

https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM
(don't worry if you didn't follow this exact page...the other pages on the same site have the same instructions built in.)

Running CFW on Sysnand in and of itself is not an issue (nothing is 100% but nobody has been banned for it...yet). The problem will arise if you have something else going on (such as cheats or layerdfs mods or what have you) in your Emunand (relatively safe because it can't connect to Ninty) and then you turn it on under Sysnand and open yourself up for a ban. I tend to not recommend doing this on a dirty switch because it's hard to remember.

I highly recommend keeping your Sysnand 100% clean so it can go online and not run the same CFW that you run on your dirty Emunand. Once you get to the point that you know each of the things you're doing are not going to cause an issue you can branch out and start mixing and matching but it's going to be unique to your case and you will have to accept the responsibility for your own actions.

Stay safe!
...and remember 100% clean Sysnand. Emunand stays offline!

Hello ppl, pretty new to all this, I sent off my switch OLED to get the hwfly chip installed. Got it back to me a couple of days ago was all going well everything setup nicely I think, I keep getting a problem when I turn off the switch it keep booting into the ofw and not heketa like it did at the start any ideas what’s going on? One video shows it working and loading up heketa and the other one just booting up ofw. Also light flashes purple for a bit and then green on the chip.
The first vid looks absolutely correct. It should flash purple, stick on green, and then boot up CFW. Perfect.

The second vid looks like none of that is working and the switch just blows by everything and boots like normal.

We can't see the LEDs while you are booting in each scenario so I'm thinking something is loose in the chip install that connects enough to work properly at times but when whatever it is shakes loose it just boots normally.

Please do a few rounds of LED watching and observe the exact behavior when it does not work and boots directly into OFW.

it was so fast in the video that I'm gambling the LEDs are not flashing at all.

Let us know!

Reactions: Drachenlibelle

Drachenlibelle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Good deal! Glad you're sorted.

Emunand is a point in time copy of Sysnand. once you start playing different sessions on each, however, they diverge and are no longer the same. What happens to one in no way impacts the other. Think of them as two different machines moving forward.

The beauty of this is that you can keep your Sysnand 100% clean and go online and if you happen to slip up and install something ban-worthy on your Emunand it's not a huge risk provided you've configured exosphere and dns:mitm properly according to this guide:

https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM
(don't worry if you didn't follow this exact page...the other pages on the same site have the same instructions built in.)

Running CFW on Sysnand in and of itself is not an issue (nothing is 100% but nobody has been banned for it...yet). The problem will arise if you have something else going on (such as cheats or layerdfs mods or what have you) in your Emunand (relatively safe because it can't connect to Ninty) and then you turn it on under Sysnand and open yourself up for a ban. I tend to not recommend doing this on a dirty switch because it's hard to remember.

I highly recommend keeping your Sysnand 100% clean so it can go online and not run the same CFW that you run on your dirty Emunand. Once you get to the point that you know each of the things you're doing are not going to cause an issue you can branch out and start mixing and matching but it's going to be unique to your case and you will have to accept the responsibility for your own actions.

Stay safe!
...and remember 100% clean Sysnand. Emunand stays offline!

The first vid looks absolutely correct. It should flash purple, stick on green, and then boot up CFW. Perfect.

The second vid looks like none of that is working and the switch just blows by everything and boots like normal.

We can't see the LEDs while you are booting in each scenario so I'm thinking something is loose in the chip install that connects enough to work properly at times but when whatever it is shakes loose it just boots normally.

Please do a few rounds of LED watching and observe the exact behavior when it does not work and boots directly into OFW.

it was so fast in the video that I'm gambling the LEDs are not flashing at all.

Let us know!

Ah, okay, so the CFW Sysnand and the Emunand are two completely separate systems after all.

So if I understand it correctly, you can install NSPs on the CFW Emunand with Exosphere or Incognito, since it never goes online. However, since the NSPS are only installed on the Emunand, you can still go online and play on the CFW Sysnand, but you have to be careful not to cheat online. And then you should be relatively safe, right?

But if I install Tinfoil or Goldleaf as an app, it will be displayed on Sysnand and Emunand, right?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[
Oh nice!

based on the comments in the template file:

Code:
[hbl_config]
; Program Specific Config
; Up to 8 program-specific configurations can be set.
; These use `program_id_#`, `override_address_space_#`, and `override_key_#`
; where # is in range [0,7].
; program_id_0=010000000000100D
; override_address_space=39_bit
; override_key_0=!R

; Any Application Config
; Note that this will only apply to program IDs that
; are both applications and not specified above
; by a program specific config.
; override_any_app=true
; override_any_app_key=R
; override_any_app_address_space=39_bit
; path=atmosphere/hbl.nsp

[default_config]
; override_key=!L
; cheat_enable_key=!L

You followed the pattern in the first stanza and repeated it for two iterations. As long as R is NOT pressed for Album or CBNST it will launch HBMenu. Pressing R on any other title will also get you to HBMenu based on the next stanza. Succinct and to the point. Thanks!

Code:
[hbl_config]
Program Specific Config
program_id_0=010000000000100D
override_key_0=!R
program_id_1=0100D1B006744000
override_key_1=!R

Any Application Config
override_any_app=true
override_any_app_key=R
override_any_app_address_space=39_bit
path=atmosphere/hbl.nsp

[default_config]
override_key=!L
cheat_enable_key=!L

I think there should be a ; before the comments “Program Specific Config” and ”Any Application Config”.
Just saw your update that ^THIS^ is actually the part that is necessary to make things work properly.

Wow! Nice find!

I still don’t understand the 30_bit piece, but if it works, it works!

last update on this:

I don’t believe you need to uncomment “Program Specific Config” and ”Any Application Config”
…they are just comments

this is my exact config file and it works perfectly.
[hbl_config]
override_key_1=!R
program_id_1=010000000000100d
override_address_space_1=39_bit

program_id_0=0100D1B006744000
override_key_0=!R

path=atmosphere/hbl.nsp

Ah, okay, so the CFW Sysnand and the Emunand are two completely separate systems after all.

So if I understand it correctly, you can install NSPs on the CFW Emunand with Exosphere or Incognito, since it never goes online. However, since the NSPS are only installed on the Emunand, you can still go online and play on the CFW Sysnand, but you have to be careful not to cheat online. And then you should be relatively safe, right?

But if I install Tinfoil or Goldleaf as an app, it will be displayed on Sysnand and Emunand, right?
You almost had it 100%! Right up until that last sentence

It’s a bit confusing because the two installers typically install slightly differently.

If you install Tinfoil by the book on your emunand it installs like an NSP (well, an nro that behaves like an NSP) so it will be on your emunand and your emunand only. Sysnand will still be 100% safe.

On the other hand, Goldleaf is a typical homebrew so it’s an nro file that’s dropped into your /switch directory and anything running CFW can run it. Soooooo…if you we’re to run CFW on Sysnand atmosphere would allow you to run the homebrew that is on your sdcard under /switch by design so yes, you would see goldleaf on both Sysnand and Emunand (because in the shared folder). If you aren’t running goldleaf and installing NSPs on your Sysnand, just having it sitting there under /switch is relatively safe. Just don’t forget where you are and accidentally do an install just cause it’s there. Motor memory is a bitch! (this is the exact scenario that catches a lot of people out BTW)

Drachenlibelle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay, that is understandable.

And now if I install NSPs via Tinfoil on Emunand, they will also only show up in Emunand. But what if I install them via Goldleaf? If the Nro shows up on both, will the games install on both as well?

By the way, which do you personally prefer?

Galafudd

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That’s a really strange behavior. Is it running out of battery?
It's not! Once I turn it back on, the battery is 100% full.

maybe try the magic maintenance mode (just do steps 1 and 2…no need to do 3….just reboot) and see if that resets something?
Thank you. Gonna try that and see if it works. Maybe it's related to an update too? My switch is still on 15.0.0.

Does this happen when just plugged in to the power supply alone?
I'll have to run a few more tests. Since I don't really know what's prompting it to turn it off, I haven't been able to observe much. I still need to check whether it only happens on Stock or if it happens in EmMMC. Or if it happens when plugged into the power supply alone like you said...

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, that is understandable.

And now if I install NSPs via Tinfoil on Emunand, they will also only show up in Emunand. But what if I install them via Goldleaf? If the Nro shows up on both, will the games install on both as well?
the installer is the only thing that’s different. Once you use them to install a dirty NSP or dirty XCI it’s 100% dirty no matter how it got there. BUT the dirty game shows up only in the *nand where you run it.
By the way, which do you personally prefer?
Ha! Trick question. I really like Tinwoo but lately I’ve been preferring DBI because its MTP over USB install is so slippery fast. I still use Tinfoil for those times when you want to get teknik al and just see some Titz, but we don’t talk about that here. I don’t dissuade people from using any installer and actually encourage trying them all and keeping the ones with features that work for you.

Here’s the ones I have in rotation right now:

Installers​

• Tinfoil — Polished installer. Recommend the Self installing version.
  • Tinfoil — alternate location.
  • DBI — Capable feature filled and fast installer.
  • Tinwoo — A nice installer for when you just want to install.
  • Goldleaf — The kitchen sink but it can also install games.

click the link in my signature..it will take you to my blog pages…

1674407900881.gif

…have fun.

It's not! Once I turn it back on, the battery is 100% full.

Thank you. Gonna try that and see if it works. Maybe it's related to an update too? My switch is still on 15.0.0.

I'll have to run a few more tests. Since I don't really know what's prompting it to turn it off, I haven't been able to observe much. I still need to check whether it only happens on Stock or if it happens in EmMMC. Or if it happens when plugged into the power supply alone like you said...
Yeah man…this is a weird one.

15.0.0 and 15.0.1 are essentially the same. No changes to the core system so no burning need to update.

e: here are the official release notes:

Ver. 15.0.1 (Released October 31, 2022)​

• Resolved an issue causing Error Code: 2181-1000 to appear when playing DLC from a console other than your primary console.
  • Resolved an issue preventing screenshots during specific in-game scenes for some games.
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.

Drachenlibelle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Now I'm a little confused again. So if I install a NSP it is 100% dirty even if I install it only in CFW emunand? So then I can no longer go online in CFW Sysnand without being banned directly or am I now lost again?

Sorry for asking so much. I just want to understand it myself before doing anything.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I'm a little confused again. So if I install a NSP it is 100% dirty even if I install it only in CFW emunand? So then I can no longer go online in CFW Sysnand without being banned directly or am I now lost again?

Sorry for asking so much. I just want to understand it myself before doing anything.
It only dirties the *nand you are on at the time of NSP/XCI installation.

if you run Goldleaf to install an NSP while on CFW and you are on Emunand…no big. Connectivity is blocked by exosphere and dns:mitm so you’ll be relatively safe.
If you run Goldleaf to install an NSP while on CFW and you are on Sysnand…you just soiled your Sysnand, which is bad and you should feel bad.

See how close they feel but how utterly different the effect would be? Some people change the background and use for example Dark for Emunand and Light for Sysnand so they KNOW where they are. For me, I just never run CFW on Sysnand because I KNOW i‘d eventually forget and screw myself.

Reactions: Drachenlibelle

Drachenlibelle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thats the whole purpose of this section of the forum. :-)

Glad it clicked for you!

I may have another question:

I followed the instructions on https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM and added an exosphere.ini with the Emunand data in the root directory. But now when I look in the settings it still shows my serial number. Is there anything else I need to do?

-- EDIT --

Nvm, got it by myself.

• Love
Reactions: binkinator

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it does, on the actual Switch screen though. I get around 20mb/sec. It's not blazing fast, but better than swapping out sd cards, or worst off, breaking the weakest link, the sd card reader. :grog:
That still sucks, aren't you using USB2.0??

With my USB-C card reader tinfoil says slightly above 40MB\s, which is still far from the 80+MBs but still double of that gold leaf when using USB to PC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: