Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a new PC, and TegraRCMGui and Goldleaf/Quark don't recognize it. This wasn't a problem on my previous PC. The Switch isn't showing up as a device now.

Do I need to install a driver on the new PC or something?
Never used it but everywhere they say to install driver so new PC need driver installation...

I always used my phone and don't even understand why ppl use a PC unless you have a non compatible phone.

all my android devices gratefully support it, I have used Nvidia Shield tablet, Sony Xperia Z2 and my current TCL 10 Pro, as a bonus the phone always go with you already everywhere and if you take the switch just put a USB OTG cable in it's carrying bag and bam it can send payload everywhere less underwater while swimming :D

Also on the phone don't need to install custom drivers or anything other than the .APK, as soon as I put the cable even with the app forced close it automatically sends the payload right away without needing to even open the app or press anything.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Never used it but everywhere they say to install driver so new PC need driver installation...

I always used my phone and don't even understand why ppl use a PC unless you have a non compatible phone.

all my android devices gratefully support it, I have used Nvidia Shield tablet, Sony Xperia Z2 and my current TCL 10 Pro, as a bonus the phone always go with you already everywhere and if you take the switch just put a USB OTG cable in it's carrying bag and bam it can send payload everywhere less underwater while swimming :D

Also on the phone don't need to install custom drivers or anything other than the .APK, as soon as I put the cable even with the app forced close it automatically sends the payload right away without needing to even open the app or press anything.
I want primarily to be able to install via USB using Goldleaf/Quark. That app is telling me I'm not connected to my PC.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want primarily to be able to install via USB using Goldleaf/Quark. That app is telling me I'm not connected to my PC.
Oh I see, I thought it was to send the payload via TegraRCM...

maybe this is what you want: https://rentry.org/NSUSBInstall

I think ppl usually recommend DBI for USB, I never used it either, neither FTP or any other kind of data transfer via WIFI, I use a USB card reader with my old 256GB fast mSD in it and it has a USB-C on one tip and I just connect it directly to switch USB-C port (it installs slightly above 40MB\s with Tinfoil which isn't too bad) B-)

Last edited by guily6669,
Reactions: BigOnYa

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But have you followed the tutorial like using DBI??? Anyway just wait for someone else to reply that know about your problem :wink:

I never used it but saw that it uses MTP, I think by default windows comes with it at least mine has it, but perhaps you need it.

maybe this could help?
When you have connected your device, go to device manager then right click on the portable device with the yellow "!". select update the manually install a driver. on the 'search for driver in this location tab past the path "C:\Windows\INF" then click on the "let me pick from the list available" link. It will give you a list of compatible hardware. select MTP USB device then click next. Your device will be then recognized after the installation.

Or if MTP is failing you could try with tinfoil in the tut there's a listed driver for it using Tinfoil and NUT...

EDIT: I just checked GoldLeaf Github and they have a tut for USB there, doesn't seem like it uses MTP protocol, a tut for it:
https://www.cfwaifu.com/goldleaf-quark/

ps: someone else will surely help you...

Last edited by guily6669,
Reactions: BigOnYa

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it. I needed to use zadig to install the drivers.
Yep, but for MTP protocol (which DBI uses) anyway I don't know about switch but I think it should have worked out-of-the-box without needing a driver :wink:

EDIT: By the way I'm curious, does GoldLeaf says the install speed via USB when installing a game from PC????????

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yep, but for MTP protocol (which DBI uses) anyway I don't know about switch but I think it should have worked out-of-the-box without needing a driver :wink:

EDIT: By the way I'm curious, does GoldLeaf says the install speed via USB when installing a game from PC????????

I’m not sure. If it does I haven’t noticed it.

After installing the driver everything works, including Goldleaf and TegraRCM.

I just don’t understand this stuff! The driver was installed to the Switch it seems. Why would a new PC require the Switch to need a new driver installed?

Reactions: guily6669

Game_Boy_Adv-Ace-nced

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me? I can't seem to find a solution ANYWHERE.

So I have a hacked Switch with latest Atmosphere and everything. What I usually do is keep keep a physical copy of "Crash Bandicoot - N. Sane Trilogy" in the cartridge slot so I can use homebrew (as it's the only game cartridge I have that doesn't require an update = no game update nag). What I'm trying to is make it so that both Crash Bandicoot and the Album application both automatically boot into the Homebrew Menu without having to press & hold any buttons. But no matter how I edit "overide_config.ini" it never seems to work; either the Game will boot into homebrew while the Album never does, or it's the other way around.

So can someone explain to me how to edit "overide_config.ini" so that Crash Bandicoot and the Album both boot into Homebrew Menu automagically without any button input while allowing everything else to boot up normally?

Game_Boy_Adv-Ace-nced

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, oops
Post automatically merged:

Maybe change the program ID to Crash's ID in Program Specific Config
I tried that already, and while it makes Crash Bandicoot boot into the Homebrew Menu without pressing anything, NOW I've got the problem that the Album won't boot into Homebrew without holding R, if it even boots into it at all...

The problem I'm having seems to lie in the fact that I can't seem to add 2 title ID's to the overide_config.ini without them seemingly conflicting with each other...

Edit: Oh, whoops, I managed to figure it out! I'm a total noob at this, and didn't realize that the text "Program Specific Config" line (in "override_config.ini") was important to keep, so I always was ending up deleting it when I was editing the default file, lol (to be honest, I just thought that was part of the file description...)! But now it's working properly! Thanks, guys!

Last edited by Game_Boy_Adv-Ace-nced,
  • Wow
Reactions: binkinator

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it does, on the actual Switch screen though. I get around 20mb/sec. It's not blazing fast, but better than swapping out sd cards, or worst off, breaking the weakest link, the sd card reader. :grog:

Last edited by BigOnYa,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried that already, and while it makes Crash Bandicoot boot into the Homebrew Menu without pressing anything, NOW I've got the problem that the Album won't boot into Homebrew without holding R, if it even boots into it at all...

The problem I'm having seems to lie in the fact that I can't seem to add 2 title ID's to the overide_config.ini without them seemingly conflicting with each other...
Ayup. Getting the same effect. It’s pissing me off right now. I wonder if they are occupying the same address space thingie (tm)

Game_Boy_Adv-Ace-nced

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ayup. Getting the same effect. It’s pissing me off right now. I wonder if they are occupying the same address space thingie (tm)
I did actually manage to figure it out, eventually. If you want, I can upload what my specific "override_config.ini" looks like so you can see how it's supposed to look.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did actually manage to figure it out, eventually. If you want, I can upload what my specific "override_config.ini" looks like so you can see how it's supposed to look.
yes please! Was only doing it for the knowledge so very happy if you shared.

Game_Boy_Adv-Ace-nced

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes please! Was only doing it for the knowledge so very happy if you shared.
Alright, here ya go! Just replace the second Title ID with that of the game you want to use!

(You'll have to excuse the zip, not sure how to post ini coding in the comments yet lol)

Let me know how it works!

Attachments

• override_config.ini.zip
    351 bytes · Views: 19
Last edited by Game_Boy_Adv-Ace-nced,

Blue Sun

Trophies
Website
bluesunstudios.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
Secondly, going online with any CFW or homebrew can get you banned. That being said, Hekate is neither CFW nor homebrew so its safe to use while going online. I can personally vouch for it as its what I've been using ever since Hekate was released.
Just to make sure I am reading this correctly, when I inject hekate_ctcaer_6.0.1.bin through TegraRcmGUI and then launch Atmosphere FFS0 SYS, I can just go online and play whatever game I want? I just set up CFW on the Switch and I'm planning on using my legal and valid PKHex Pokémon for some online battles in Scarlet.
I'm also planning to start my Violet run as well, so is it alright to start a new file through Atmosphere FFS0 SYS?

Last edited by Blue Sun,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm new to this and looking at my /atmosphere/hosts there are no emummc.txt or sysmmc.txt. There are only default.txt and it only has one line saying

"# Nintendo telemetry servers 127.0.0.1 receive-%.dg.srv.nintendo.net receive-%.er.srv.nintendo.net"

Does this mean my switch will get blacklisted for ban the moment I connect to internet?
Follow this guide and you’ll be set up to allow your 100% clean Sysnand to connect while your potentially dirty Emunand is properly blocked.

https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ