Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

parjolik

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Can my chip be flashed with a firmware update? How to minimize the risk of damage? Please help and thanks for answering

Attachments

• IMG_20230101_000825.jpg
    IMG_20230101_000825.jpg
    329 KB · Views: 24

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Your is a clone (fake). Connect to computer and go to disk manager. Could be the letter drive is not assigned

Also try another micro USB cable and another port.

Do not connect to PC using USB-C
It's fake, indeed. :/ Thanks for confirming it, I contacted the seller and asked for a return.
Also, I found a post on reddit where one person posted a comparison between fake and real one. Too bad.

Reactions: impeeza

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I wish I knew about it before I purchased one, thought it would be cool to have one of these. Instead, I guess I'll be using my phone, seeing how these things are not so easy to find. Oh, by the way, seller replied and I'll return it for full refund, so all is good. ^^

Nynrah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, since we’re doing a non-destructive copy from a known working SDCard we’re in pretty good shape to do whatever. No pressure at all. Just kick back and enjoy the journey. It’s interesting stuff. :-)
Exactly. Although I could successfully clone the contents from the smaller card to the bigger one, I just can't resize the partition no matter what I do. MiniTool Partition Wizard can't do it, DiskGenius can't do it, EaseUS Partition Wizard can't do it, Windows's own disk management tools (GUI and command line) can't do it. Nothing seems to be able to do it.

The only thing I can think of is that the darn partition is size-locked somehow, despite having nothing but continguous unallocated space behind it (didn't clone or reserve the space for the 30GB partition yet; figured that can be done after resizing).

This is a bit bitter, because I it took five hours to clone the primary partition. At this point it feels like I will have no choice but to get my hands dirty with Hekate.

Last edited by Nynrah,

enry88

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everbody,

in the days before I bought an Oled Nintendo Switch, now I'm a little confused because I don't understand if it is possible jailbreak or not the device.

If it is possible could you indicate me some guide, please?

Thanks a lot.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everbody,

in the days before I bought an Oled Nintendo Switch, now I'm a little confused because I don't understand if it is possible jailbreak or not the device.

If it is possible could you indicate me some guide, please?

Thanks a lot.
Its technically hackable. However it requires soldering a modchip inside. This is not something an amateur should even attempt. And if you do manage to procure the modchip, you will have to go outside of this forum to have someone else solder it for you as all modders on this forum got cease & desist letters from Nintendo.

waz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last thing, when opening my user.bin I get a lot of these 'unknown' entries. One of these is my xeno 3 save file but theres no way to save/export or do anything with it. Trying to save with NxNandManager doesnt work. Anything I can download to be able to export the save? Or could I just overwrite the user.bin on my new emunand?

Attachments

• NxNandManager_s2G4nIK0Ao.png
    NxNandManager_s2G4nIK0Ao.png
    98.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Sad

Valkri599

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Got an atmosphere crash and hit reboot but it went to a black screen.
Can get into RCM/Hekate bootscreen but still launches emummc into "battery remaining icon" then black

Should I just format the card and try again? Tried archive bit with no results as well

Not sure why I get so many random ass crashes/reformat the sd card situations. Makes me want to give up on the switch. Granted I've backed up a lot of my stuff because it happens so much but ugh.

HottoMiruku

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
very noob question: how I update the emunand? I have no internet connection on my switch (I am not interested at online games) and to me looks risky to update directly from emunand.
I was thinking to clear the mod, update the console to the newest firmware and recreating again the emunand.
There are easier/faster ways?
Thanks

spiroid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone,

Hope you're having a wonderful beginning of this new year 2023.
I'm having some issues with my emummc (partition based) with frequent and random atmosphere crashes.
-> I was lucky enough to have the boot working once in a while to have a stable system, to do a backup of my game saves :)

I'm going with a fresh install with latest versions on a new sdcard. Any tool, to ease the process ?

I have a tricky question:

The current OFW on the switch is in version 9.1. But it is a tainted one as the upgrade was done with choixdujournx, from an sxos run on which I played games. I was offline the full time since I started hacking the switch.
The only backup that I'm absolutely certain to be clean is an sxos (I know, old :() nand backup of a 4.x firmware version.
-> Is there anyway to convert that backup so that it could be restored from hekate ?
-> Is it possible to restore that version (as I burned fuses in the 4 -> 9.1 upgrade process). and to update to latest version later on without compromising the OFW ?

Many thanks for your help !

Hamidtalha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Hello. I have a CFW swith on 15.0.1 and am having trouble with 2 things.

1) I don't know what I did on the overlay menu such that now, when I press L+Down+Right Stick the menu is not showing up. I cannot find the configuration file or anywhere to make it appear again. Installing the tesla overlay did not help solve the issue.

2) I used to be able to go into edizon and use the cheats page for SOA:Hollow realization by searching for a value and changing it after repeated RAM searches. However now, when I go into the Edizon cheats, it will just crash. For all my other games, Edizon cheat editor work just fine. The error code I keep getting is 2168-0002. I saw a YT video that said the fix is to boot without applet mode. I cannot do that if I need to concurrently run Edizon.

Please let me know what I can do. Any help is appreciated. Thank you for reading this post.

Nynrah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, since we’re doing a non-destructive copy from a known working SDCard we’re in pretty good shape to do whatever. No pressure at all. Just kick back and enjoy the journey. It’s interesting stuff. :-)
Well, I've tried this guide after the whole juggling thing was a bust thanks to MiniTool and every other alternative refusing to resize my clones. I went for the NxNandManager route because it seemed the easiest and I didn't have 30GB free space on my old SD card.

My old SD card was formatted as exFAT (I just got it that way from the guy who modded my Switch, by the way), but formatted the new card as a FAT32 partition. As far as I can tell, the process went the way it's supposed to and after clicking on the migrate emuMMC button in Hekate I am able to boot into HOS.

Ran into a hickup when none of my games would launch, as if they weren't downloaded. Turned out that when I pushed that migrate button in Hekate, the emummc.ini file got adjusted to point to a newly-created ERR00 folder while the games were installed under RAW1. Moving the contents from RAW1 to ERR00 fixed things.

Had to change all mentions of fusee-secondary.bin to package3 in the hekate ini file to fix a blue screen. After that I had to remote an offending folder from the atmosphere/contents folder after I got a fatal error (Error Desc: std::abort() called (0xffe)).

After all that, everything booted up fine. My system version is now 11.0.1|AMS 1.4.0|E.

At the very least Atmosphere is now updated. My firmware version is still what it was, though. Is it neccesary to update the firmware at all to install and play games that require a firmware higher than 11? If so, how do I do so safely? I'm mostly worried about whether a firmware upgrade would stay limited to my emuNAND's scope and leave my OFW alone, or if I could still use my old SD card with firmware 11 and the older Atmosphere version.

Last edited by Nynrah,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello. I have a CFW swith on 15.0.1 and am having trouble with 2 things.

1) I don't know what I did on the overlay menu such that now, when I press L+Down+Right Stick the menu is not showing up. I cannot find the configuration file or anywhere to make it appear again. Installing the tesla overlay did not help solve the issue.

2) I used to be able to go into edizon and use the cheats page for SOA:Hollow realization by searching for a value and changing it after repeated RAM searches. However now, when I go into the Edizon cheats, it will just crash. For all my other games, Edizon cheat editor work just fine. The error code I keep getting is 2168-0002. I saw a YT video that said the fix is to boot without applet mode. I cannot do that if I need to concurrently run Edizon.

Please let me know what I can do. Any help is appreciated. Thank you for reading this post.
The config for Tesla is on the file:
SD:\config\tesla\config.ini

it must have something like:

Code:
[tesla]
key_combo=L+ZL+R+ZR

in my case I have to press the buttons L, R, ZL & ZR AT THE SAME TIME to bring up the tesla overlays

review which overlays do you have on

SD:\switch\.overlays

and be sure all of them are update.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last thing, when opening my user.bin I get a lot of these 'unknown' entries. One of these is my xeno 3 save file but theres no way to save/export or do anything with it. Trying to save with NxNandManager doesnt work. Anything I can download to be able to export the save? Or could I just overwrite the user.bin on my new emunand?
It should still spit out whatever files are in there and place them under the 16 digit folder ID. You would have to sift through it file by file but yiu could get lucky. If they are unknown the. It’s highly unlikely anything else is going to do much different. Said differently, I’m unaware of anything else that will do this. Copying over the :USER partition won;t make the files addressable either. I’d venture a guess that they are corrupt directories. :-(
Post automatically merged:

Got an atmosphere crash and hit reboot but it went to a black screen.
Can get into RCM/Hekate bootscreen but still launches emummc into "battery remaining icon" then black

Should I just format the card and try again? Tried archive bit with no results as well

Not sure why I get so many random ass crashes/reformat the sd card situations. Makes me want to give up on the switch. Granted I've backed up a lot of my stuff because it happens so much but ugh.

Are you formatting with FAT32 or exfat? FAT32 is preferred. Use rufus to format large drives sizes that Windows doesn’t allow.

Well, I've tried this guide after the whole juggling thing was a bust thanks to MiniTool and every other alternative refusing to resize my clones. I went for the NxNandManager route because it seemed the easiest and I didn't have 30GB free space on my old SD card.

My old SD card was formatted as exFAT (I just got it that way from the guy who modded my Switch, by the way), but formatted the new card as a FAT32 partition. As far as I can tell, the process went the way it's supposed to and after clicking on the migrate emuMMC button in Hekate I am able to boot into HOS.

Ran into a hickup when none of my games would launch, as if they weren't downloaded. Turned out that when I pushed that migrate button in Hekate, the emummc.ini file got adjusted to point to a newly-created ERR00 folder while the games were installed under RAW1. Moving the contents from RAW1 to ERR00 fixed things.

Had to change all mentions of fusee-secondary.bin to package3 in the hekate ini file to fix a blue screen. After that I had to remote an offending folder from the atmosphere/contents folder after I got a fatal error (Error Desc: std::abort() called (0xffe)).

After all that, everything booted up fine. My system version is now 11.0.1|AMS 1.4.0|E.

At the very least Atmosphere is now updated. My firmware version is still what it was, though. Is it neccesary to update the firmware at all to install and play games that require a firmware higher than 11? If so, how do I do so safely? I'm mostly worried about whether a firmware upgrade would stay limited to my emuNAND's scope and leave my OFW alone, or if I could still use my old SD card with firmware 11 and the older Atmosphere version.

Nice sleuth work! Glad you’re up and running. Unless you hit a game that won’t allow you to play due to FW version you are generally good. In the event that you want to update your firmware be sure to look for Darthsternie Firmware cause it’s the best brand out there and it lets you skip the part about dumping firmware from your Sysnand (PITA!) With firmware in hand and unzipped in /firmware directory just head on over to https://rentry.org/UpgradeDowngrade and finish the update. You will want to update your Sigpatches as well.

Sigpatches (GBATemp) — get your Sigpatches here!

Hi everyone,

Hope you're having a wonderful beginning of this new year 2023.
I'm having some issues with my emummc (partition based) with frequent and random atmosphere crashes.
-> I was lucky enough to have the boot working once in a while to have a stable system, to do a backup of my game saves :)

I'm going with a fresh install with latest versions on a new sdcard. Any tool, to ease the process ?
Hekate is the best tool for partitioning.
The rest is just copying files from their respective GitHub pages. It’s worth the time to read the docs while you download the files anyway. Lots of good info!
I have a tricky question:

The current OFW on the switch is in version 9.1. But it is a tainted one as the upgrade was done with choixdujournx, from an sxos run on which I played games. I was offline the full time since I started hacking the switch.
The only backup that I'm absolutely certain to be clean is an sxos (I know, old :() nand backup of a 4.x firmware version.
-> Is there anyway to convert that backup so that it could be restored from hekate ?
NXNandManager and EmuTool are the weapons of choice for manipulating emunands.
-> Is it possible to restore that version (as I burned fuses in the 4 -> 9.1 upgrade process). and to update to latest version later on without compromising the OFW ?

Many thanks for your help !
I recommend you make an emunand and leave the Sysnand as is.

Here’s a great place to start walking through what to do.

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

Last edited by binkinator,
  • Wow

Valkri599

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Are you formatting with FAT32 or exfat? FAT32 is preferred. Use rufus to format large drives sizes that Windows doesn’t allow.
FAT32 as most guides say.

I'm wondering if the SD card reader or something. I did a clean redownload and SD card creation this time with newest updated files. Everything starts up this time but now the Switch itself says there is no SD card inserted. However if I look on goldleaf its found.

Tinwoo lets me install to it as well, although its saying 0 space left as well.

Just confused because it seems to be working. SD card was fine and not a fake one so no idea whats happening here.

edit-
welp never mind, now its crashing each time I try installing with Tinwoo after working for several things. Don't want to drop money on a new SD card even if they are not expensive if that is even the issue here.

Last edited by Valkri599,
  • Wow

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FAT32 as most guides say.

I'm wondering if the SD card reader or something. I did a clean redownload and SD card creation this time with newest updated files. Everything starts up this time but now the Switch itself says there is no SD card inserted. However if I look on goldleaf its found.

Tinwoo lets me install to it as well, although its saying 0 space left as well.

Just confused because it seems to be working. SD card was fine and not a fake one so no idea whats happening here.
Something funky. I would check the card for issues regardless. Even well known vendors can have occasional issues. Run h2testw on it and see what it says.

Hamidtalha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
The config for Tesla is on the file:
SD:\config\tesla\config.ini

it must have something like:

Code:
[tesla]
key_combo=L+ZL+R+ZR

in my case I have to press the buttons L, R, ZL & ZR AT THE SAME TIME to bring up the tesla overlays

review which overlays do you have on

SD:\switch\.overlays

and be sure all of them are update.
Thank you so much for your help. I did not manage to fix it via that method as I had tried it before also. I think I will just try to reinstall the CFW to see if that will fix things. Appreciate your help :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock