SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Qwerty5555

Qwerty5555 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2019
    Afghanistan
    Do i need exfat to install larger than 4gb files via usb (goldleaf + Quark) or does it also install with fat32?

2. NemesisPrime

NemesisPrime Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2019
    India
    It will install with FAT32, no problem.

In my experience I've found Goldleaf + Quark (~14mb/s) to be slower than Nut + Tinfoil (~24 mb/s). Not sure if its just my system with this issue.

Last edited by NemesisPrime, Oct 1, 2019
    Qwerty5555 likes this.
  3. Qwerty5555

Qwerty5555 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2019
    Afghanistan
    Awesome! ty for the quick reply :D

Ive read somewhere than tinfoil isnt offiicially supported for atmo/kosmos so i refrain from using that for now, might go TF whenever reinx gets updated or i decide to fork cash to TX :)

4. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    There is a modded version of tinfoil that work on Kosmos/Atmosphere, blawar who is the developer for current version of Tinfoil doesn't get along with Kosmos/Atmosphere developers, and blawar pretty much work for SX OS, some of SX OS programs look like his.

Qwerty5555 likes this.
  5. Pedrinhofss

Pedrinhofss Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2019
    Brazil
    i have a ipatched switch running 9.0.0. i can downgrade to 4.1.0 and jailbreak it?

6. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    No.

7. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    No

8. Pedrinhofss

Pedrinhofss Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2019
    Brazil
    there is nothing that i can do?

9. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    No and probably you will never be able to hack it.

10. Pedrinhofss

Pedrinhofss Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2019
    Brazil
    ok thx

11. Budsixz

Budsixz GBAtemp Fan

Oct 27, 2018
    India
    hey guys
    can you keep both reinx and atmos (kosmos) at the same time in the same card?

12. fst312

fst312 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 4, 2008
    United States
    New York
    What was that application called to install a nsp for lower firmware switch. Today I decided I wanted to install snes online and after installing it, the snes always has an error and closes. When I search for a patch for the most part, all I see are mods to add more games. My switch is 7.0.1 and I do have the latest sig patches from sd setup.

13. choudhury

choudhury Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2018
    United Kingdom
    hey guys i just did a nand back up with sxos menu. Im told that this isnt a 'real' backup, is this true and if so should i use hektate to create backup?

14. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Only if your console's firmware is 6.2 or lower. If it is 7.0 or higher, you need Sept to boot and each CFW has their own Sept folder making it impossible to have both on one SD card unless you move the Sept folder before you boot each CFW.

There is no application designed to specifically install .NSP files on lower firmware versions. All .NSP installers (except DevMenu) have an option for ignoring firmware version when installing however this does not work for ignoring the SDK it was built with.

Hekate verifies NAND dumps unlike SX OS. It is not that its real but it may be corrupt and you won't know until you try restoring in which case it would be too late.

fst312 likes this.
  15. KiiWii

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Hi, I’m running 9.0.0 with latest atmosphere, used goldleaf and quark to install some NSP games to fat32 400gb microsd.

I had an pending update nag this morning which I fixed (using maintenance mode) and then used 90dns, but some of those NSP games I installed said they had failed updates.

I deleted the games and reinstalled them to try remove the nag, but now when I try to load them they have an error and eventually say “micro sd is corrupt” when trying to run them. Sd is not corrupt as other title work fine, it’s just those which had the updates failed.

Any idea how to fix them please?

16. Felipne87r

Felipne87r Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2016
    Chile
    I bought a switch on september 20th, it is not a mariko revision, neither a switch lite, checking the serial, says it is totally patched and unintentionally updated to 9.0.0, btw I don't know which was the initial firmware since when I went to settings it just said "update downloaded"

is there any hope I can install homebrew on a not too far future? I mean, if a mariko support ever comes out

17. choudhury

choudhury Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2018
    United Kingdom

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Oh right thank you for the clarification, and also if I update sysnand normally I won’t be able to restore that back up because fuses will be burned right?

Last edited by choudhury, Oct 2, 2019
  18. Qwerty5555

Qwerty5555 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2019
    Afghanistan
    How do i enable autorcm for the latest hekate? And if i every change to Reinx when its updated do i need to remove the hekate autorcm or can i keep it?

19. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    You may never see CFW in your lifetime for that console. Even if CFW does come out, the next Nintendo console may have already come out (and also be hacked). Just buy a used unpatched tablet on eBay.
    No you can still restore it but you will only be able to boot up the console through RCM because custom bootloaders bypass the fuse check. You just will not be able to boot up the console normally.

Its under Tools. Also AutoRCM is not tied to CFW, its actually tied to your NAND, namely BOOT0.

Felipne87r and Qwerty5555 like this.
  20. KingKazmaOfficial

KingKazmaOfficial Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2019
    United States
    My unpatched switch will is arriving in the post shortly. While I'm very excited to get custom firmware on it, I do have a question or two.

I've read over the resources here and elsewhere, and can say that I am quite comfortable with the process of installing cfw on the switch. However, in my research I learned of the possibility to inject different payloads. The main one of interest to me is android.

My question is, is it possible to run inject the android payload while using the same sd card as atmosphere? Will I have to partition it or something, or no? I'd rather not have to switch sd cards every time I want to switch between the two if possible.

Which leads me to my next question. Will an RCMLoader allow me to inject an android payload? I plan to travel with my switch and, as I know the cfw exploit is "tethered", I believe that it is a smart idea to get an RCMLoader dongle to be able to inject payloads without having to plug into a computer each time. But I would just like some confirmation on that matter.

Thanks for any help offered!

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted