SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Ten fuses means you did not preserve your fuses with AutoRCM properly. After following the guide, you will have to update to 8.1.0 for your Switch to boot normally.

2. gianm93

gianm93 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2018
    Italy
    that's strange, I always had autorcm on. I will update then

3. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    If you ever once booted into 8.1.0 without AutoRCM, then that is what burnt your fuses.

4. darkriku2000

darkriku2000 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 13, 2009
    United States
    I have an auto-rcm switch with sx-os but I'd like to put lakka on another sd card but far as I can tell I need hekate for that, how can I run hekate and lakka with the sx dongle?

5. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Last edited by Lacius, Aug 6, 2019
  6. darkriku2000

Apr 13, 2009
    United States
    edit: nevermind I found the method, thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Last edited by darkriku2000, Aug 6, 2019
  7. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    See above. I edited my post before your response.

8. darkriku2000

Apr 13, 2009
    United States
    Oh perfect, thank you!

9. iluvfuzz

iluvfuzz GBAtemp Regular

Apr 23, 2012
    United States
    United States
    I've heard I can install xcis via tinfoil. I know how to install nsps but how do I do xcis?

10. erk

erk Member

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2018
    United States
    Draxzelex likes this.
  11. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    If you're using DZ Tinfoil, for example, you can install them the same way you install NSP files. Alternatively, you can convert XCI files into NSP files.

12. Dustin161219

Dustin161219 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2019
    United States
    I am having trouble moving my Nintendo folder to my new sd card I have tried different ways and keep getting different errors

13. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Is your new SD card exFAT? Is the old SD card FAT32? Does the Switch have exFAT support installed? Which error are you getting? Are you using an emuNAND?

14. Dustin161219

Dustin161219 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2019
    United States
    Both are exfat I don't have emmunand I have exfat support on the switch the first try it just showed boot.dat? I reformated downloaded everything except Nintendo folder and it worked then I copied the Nintendo folder and it said I have used this sd card on another switch or have used on this switch and only had a option to delete

15. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy #JOYCONBOYZFOREVER

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    Noob question time for me because I'm just finally getting into this.

1) Hekate has the option to launch sysnand without cfw. However, when doing this, you see that sept still runs. Is this still "safe" if I were to connect sysnand to the internet without 90dns, or do I run the risk of a ban?

2) when following the NH guide and using their recommended partition sizes for the SD card, my unformatted partition is around 130gb. Is that used as the "onboard storage" of the emunand and available to install backups to? Or do backups install to the 90GB "SD" partition? When looking at system storage even in goldleaf I see only about 10gb left in system storage on my emunand, so I'm not sure if this just a case of the storage being available but the system not knowing how to display it, or if I need to redo my partitioning.

16. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Sept is safe and will not dirty your NAND. There is virtually no ban risk with sept.

Yes, that is correct. Your sysNAND can also use that partition for onboard storage in a separate folder. You will also keep CFW files there.

You can install games to either the SD card (your 130GB partition) or your internal storage (the space you have free on your emuNAND).

Unrelated, but I want to note that an emuNAND is unnecessary unless a.) You plan on using online play, b.) You have an ipatched Switch, or c.) You want to update to the latest version without burning fuses and you hate AutoRCM.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Do you get the same error message on the original SD card?

Sicklyboy likes this.
  17. alexenochs

alexenochs GBAtemp Fan

Aug 30, 2010
    United States
    hey been avoiding super details about the switch hacking scene im very tech savvy however im unfamiliar with this scene mostly ...I basically have an OG switch with 6.2 on it and was wondering where an end all tutorial was for bootloaders *cuz I know theres no coldboot mod for my firmware atleast at this time right? and no way to downgrade without some sort of backup?} ..just wanna run some emus...gamecube Mario sunshine sounds amazing please someone tell me that's possible now?

18. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    I recommend this tutorial, but if you plan on using an emuNAND, you should use this tutorial.

If you don't plan on using online play, you probably don't need an emuNAND.

There have been no untethered coldboot exploits released for the Switch, not counting modchips that automatically push fusee gelee payloads to unpatched systems with AutoRCM installed.

Currently, your only option on 6.2.0 (on an unpatched system) is fusee gelee, which requires you to a.) enter RCM at least once using a jig, and b.) push a fusee gelee payload from your computer using a USB connection. After that, you can either install AutoRCM so your Switch coldboots into RCM everytime, or you can continue to use a jig each time you want to enter RCM. Regardless of which you pick, once you load CFW, you should keep your Switch in sleep mode whenever it's not being used, and you will rarely have to enter RCM.

You can also make pushing fusee payloads more convenient by using an Android phone over a USB connection or a cheap USB dongle.

Anything on 4.0.0 and higher is highly unlikely to ever receive an untethered coldboot exploit. Aside from fusee gelee, the best you can probably hope for on 6.2.0 is a warmboot browser exploit sometime in the distant future.

On unpatched systems, fusee gelee works regardless of system version and cannot be patched. If you want to update, you just have to make sure CFW has been updated to be compatible with the new system version. The latest system version is 8.1.0, and CFW is compatible.

The Switch uses fuses as an anti-downgrade mechanism. When you boot the Switch after updating the system version, fuses get irreparably burnt. If you try to downgrade after that, the fuse count will be higher than expected, and the Switch will refuse to boot. If a user installs AutoRCM during an update, the Switch will never be able to boot without a custom bootloader like fusee-primary or Hekate, and the fuse count will be preserved. This is what allows downgrades, and a NAND backup isn't required for a downgrade.

In a nutshell, you cannot downgrade to anything below 6.2.0 unless you preserved your fuses with AutoRCM before you updated to 6.2.0.

There are plenty of emulators available for the Switch. I'm pretty sure Mario Sunshine runes fine on L4T Lakka.

19. Joeli53

Joeli53 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    United States
    I've successfully hacked my 3DS and Vita previously using the great tutorials and help from this site. Now I'm interested in doing the same with my Switch. I just had two noob questions before I start:

1. I currently have about 100 games paid for through my Nintendo account. If I utilise EmuNAND, I won't be able to access my library, right? I just start over with NSPs?

2. Is there a way to transfer over my save files to EmuNAND, or do I start over here as well?

Thanks.

20. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    When you make your emuNAND, you can copy/paste the contents of your /Nintendo/ folder to /emummc/Nintendo_XXXX/. That will copy your games to your emuNAND.

However, 100 is a lot of games. If you don't have the space to have your games in two places each, you might want to go through and delete games from your sysNAND you only want to have on your emuNAND, and delete games on your emuNAND you only want on your sysNAND.

You also don't even need to setup an emuNAND, unless you plan on using online play or the eShop with your sysNAND.

When you make your emuNAND, your sysNAND is going to be copied to make your emuNAND. That will include all of your save files.

Last edited by Lacius, Aug 6, 2019
    Joeli53 likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted