Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot. I'll finally be able to have the most recent fighters on FighterZ and Smash.
Would be cool if there was a way to install newest updates and DLC on older firmwares like we did on the 3DS though.
You can.
  1. The soft system version requirement is easily bypassable with DZ Tinfoil.
  2. The master key encryption is easily bypassable with DZ Tinfoil.
  3. The software development kit is not bypassable and requires a system version update.
Like with the 3DS, system update requirements are often bypassable but sometimes necessary.

Yes it can but that would remove some users that have a iPatched switch.
He has an unpatched Switch.

For an ipatched Switch to be hackable, it can never connect to the internet (without DNS blocking like PegaScape or 90DNS). Otherwise, it will get the browser supernag. The supernag can only be removed on an ipatched Switch by restoring an old NAND backup from before the supernag using a hardmod.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

I know close to nothing about switch piracy just update firmware (Currently 8.1.0 is the latest OFW and is supported by Atmosphere.

Last edited by ,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know close to nothing about switch piracy just update firmware.
This is negligent advice. System updates often require CFW like Atmosphere to be updated before it becomes compatible. One should check GBATemp, the Atmosphere GitHub, etc. before updating to the latest version on the Switch.

Currently, the latest version is 8.1.0, and Atmosphere is compatible.

D

Deleted User

Since its supported now i said that as today in my mind if atmosphere wasn't supported i wouldn't say that.

D

Deleted User

This is negligent advice. System updates often require CFW like Atmosphere to be updated before it becomes compatible. One should check GBATemp, the Atmosphere GitHub, etc. before updating to the latest version on the Switch.

Currently, the latest version is 8.1.0, and Atmosphere is compatible.
And this is why I came here, so I don't end up with a paperweight.

Reactions: Lacius
D

Deleted User

Since I'm already here, I might as well also ask. I remember Retroarch was causing cards in exFAT format to become corrupted. Does it still happen? I'm more interested in PPSSPP, but maybe I'll give other emulators a try.

mc-kiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
On the Dz Tinfoil where exactly do i find nsp files on the file browser

Not sure how this "nut-master" folder will help. I put the folder in the sd card but thats it.

Feffe

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I tried setting up Hekate and Atmosphere with a 128GB SD card. I split my SD card into a 32GB partition and a 80GB one (both FAT32), but then Hekate created the emuNAND inside the 80GB partition and the 32GB one is empty. How could I fix this?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I'm already here, I might as well also ask. I remember Retroarch was causing cards in exFAT format to become corrupted. Does it still happen? I'm more interested in PPSSPP, but maybe I'll give other emulators a try.
Corruption is more likely, but it won't necessarily occur. FAT32 is recommended.

Some of us have been using exFAT this whole time and haven't run into issues.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just bought a used switch. There is a way to check if it's all good? Ban, fusèe etc
Check the serial number first: https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...he-first-post-before-asking-questions.481215/

That will give you a good indication of what your options are. In addition, don't connect your Switch to the internet until you know for sure.

On the Dz Tinfoil where exactly do i find nsp files on the file browser

Not sure how this "nut-master" folder will help. I put the folder in the sd card but thats it.
Are you trying to install NSP files over SD, USB, or FTP?

For USB and FTP, you have to be running nut server on your computer, and you need to tell nut server where your NSP files are.

I tried setting up Hekate and Atmosphere with a 128GB SD card. I split my SD card into a 32GB partition and a 80GB one (both FAT32), but then Hekate created the emuNAND inside the 80GB partition and the 32GB one is empty. How could I fix this?
Follow this guide if you want to create an emuNAND properly. Before you do anything, make sure you have a NAND backup stored somewhere safe on your computer.

If you don't care about online play, and if you don't have an ipatched Switch, you don't need an emuNAND.

gianm93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I wanted to go back to OFW, so I restored my switch with only the rawnand.bin file (I don't have boot0 and boot1). Now I get a blue screen when I try to turn on my switch. I still can use hekate. How can I fix this?

mc-kiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
The problem is that the tinfoil login is not working. I give up on usb and will go with the split route. Anything specific i need to be aware of? Do the split files have to be on a specific folder or something?

gianm93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I wanted to go back to OFW, so I restored my switch with only the rawnand.bin file (I don't have boot0 and boot1). Now I get a blue screen when I try to turn on my switch. I still can use hekate. How can I fix this? I want to go back to OFW

D

Deleted User

Corruption is more likely, but it won't necessarily occur. FAT32 is recommended.

Some of us have been using exFAT this whole time and haven't run into issues.
I prefer to stay safe, thank you. I got to a point in life where I just want to set things up and forget.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to go back to OFW, so I restored my switch with only the rawnand.bin file (I don't have boot0 and boot1). Now I get a blue screen when I try to turn on my switch. I still can use hekate. How can I fix this?
Your Switch is bricked because you didn't restore BOOT0/1 with your NAND backup. There are several ways to fix it. Do you know which system version your rawnand backup was on? Which system version was your Switch on before you restored the rawnand backup?

The problem is that the tinfoil login is not working. I give up on usb and will go with the split route. Anything specific i need to be aware of? Do the split files have to be on a specific folder or something?
If you're talking about the Tinfoil login error that appears in Tinfoil on your Switch, you can ignore that. It's not important.

If you want to install NSP files over USB, the easiest way is to run nut.exe from the nut server releases page, point to the folder where your NSP files are on your computer, and install using Tinfoil on your Switch while it's connected to your computer over USB.

Reactions: mc-kiler

Feffe

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Follow this guide if you want to create an emuNAND properly. Before you do anything, make sure you have a NAND backup stored somewhere safe on your computer.
Thanks for the answer! Is there a safe way to move the emuNAND from my 90GB partition to the 32GB unformatted one?
If you don't care about online play, and if you don't have an ipatched Switch, you don't need an emuNAND.
I wanted to play Splatoon online on SysNand, so I created the emuNand to thinkering with offline.

gianm93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Your Switch is bricked because you didn't restore BOOT0/1 with your NAND backup. There are several ways to fix it. Do you know which system version your rawnand backup was on? Which system version was your Switch on before you restored the rawnand backup?

If you're talking about the Tinfoil login error that appears in Tinfoil on your Switch, you can ignore that. It's not important.

If you want to install NSP files over USB, the easiest way is to run nut.exe from the nut server releases page, point to the folder where your NSP files are on your computer, and install using Tinfoil on your Switch while it's connected to your computer over USB.

before the restore it was on 8.1.0. I am not sure about the versione of the backup. I think it's the 4.1 if i recall it correctly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it