Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not exactly what I meant. I was able to run games with hekate so long as I loaded it after the cfw booted. I've tried 3 times and have succeeded with the Kirby demo, FE warriors and Minecraft (had to reboot switch into cfw for each game individually).

My question was if everyone was aware of this
I do not see a changelog indicating the bug was fixed or not. May I ask for a link to the Hekate payload you are using?

hitodesu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not see a changelog indicating the bug was fixed or not. May I ask for a link to the Hekate payload you are using?
This one https://gbatemp.net/threads/rcm-payload-hekate-ctcaer-mod.502604/. Fairly certain Im using v2.1 because I don't recall 2.2 being there last time. On 5.02

When you've booted into the cfw select a game first and it should load. You'll be free to use the home button and enter hbmenu without losing the game. So far from what I've tried, attempting to load another game after one has been selected, will fail.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This one https://gbatemp.net/threads/rcm-payload-hekate-ctcaer-mod.502604/. Fairly certain Im using v2.1 because I don't recall 2.2 being there last time. On 5.02

When you've booted into the cfw select a game first and it should load. You'll be free to use the home button and enter hbmenu without losing the game. So far from what I've tried, attempting to load another game after one has been selected, will fail.
Very...interesting. I would test this myself out but I don't have a jig and I'm worried that if I keep using my paperclip, I will break a pin. He doesn't note any changes to Hekate that support game launching, but I guess it might fall under one of those many bug fixes. Anyways, if you don't mind, I will most likely quote you for future reference as proof that it does indeed work (albiet with some user input). I have no reason to believe you are lying although other users might be more wary. Thanks for the information. And to answer your initial question, this is not known and is very useful new knowledge.

Reactions: hitodesu

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I heard there's a banwave happening for those who have launched the homebrew launcher. I'm on 4.1.0.

If i format the system before connecting to the eshop, will I get banned?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard there's a banwave happening for those who have launched the homebrew launcher. I'm on 4.1.0.

If i format the system before connecting to the eshop, will I get banned?
First, there is no banwave for those who have used the homebrew launcher. The only people to have been banned are notable hackers for experimenting with their Switches and those who cheated in Splatoon 2. Secondly, rather than doing a full format, you can instead use a payload from here that wipes your crash logs: https://gbatemp.net/threads/gag-order-a-fix-for-supernag.505765/

hitodesu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting, so do you think with this payload we won't need to use dns anymore to disable Nintendo's telemetry that I believe will lead to the inevitable ban wave for homebrew users?
I don't believe so. When we connect the Switch online, the data is still being sent to Nintendo live and its probably being saved as well. So even if we wipe the data, the moment our console is connected while doing some sort of hack, Nintendo is gathering information. This payload is useful for those who want to make a clean slate prior to going online and do no more hacks after the fact.

Mr_Briscoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I'm looking for a payload to use and just wondered are they all the same or do some do more than others? Also if anyone can give me a link to where to download one from I would be greatful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I'm looking for a payload to use and just wondered are they all the same or do some do more than others? Also if anyone can give me a link to where to download one from I would be greatful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Use hekate ipl. It let's you run homebrew, make nand backups, see console info, etc. It also works on all versions. I linked to it in the OP

asdfx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there still any benefits in having a 4.1 Switch instead of a 5.x Switch, especially since Fusée/Atmosphère work on 5.x?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there still any benefits in having a 4.1 Switch instead of a 5.x Switch, especially since Fusée/Atmosphère work on 5.x?
  • 1.0.0-3.0.0 are going to get untethered warmboot methods of launching CFW in the near future (i.e. launching CFW via the internet browser).
  • 3.0.1-4.1.0 are going to get untethered warmboot methods of launching CFW in the distant future.
  • 1.0.0-3.0.2 might get untethered coldboot methods of launching CFW in the very distant future, with 1.0.0 probably getting it first.
You can use the above information to make a decision.

Reactions: Lacius

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Noob question here.

Would any CWF or solution allow us to install something like DLC someday (if not possible already) ?

I would like to install japanese voices for Xenoblades 2 but i don't want to update to access the e-shop

asdfx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
But Hekate already has sleep/wake support (which is what @Lacius means by warmboot I assume?)

Also AutoRCM kinda allows untethered coldboot even if it is slightly unsafe.

And that post talks about 1.0-4.1, but what about 5.0+?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But Hekate already has sleep/wake support (which is what @Lacius means by warmboot I assume?)
A coldboot exploit is one that can be run just by turning on the console. In other words, the console automatically boots into CFW when you turn it on.
A warmboot exploit is one that can be run by doing something on your console after turning it on. For example, if I turn on my console, open the web browser, and run a homebrew application that loads CFW, that's a warmboot exploit.

A tethered exploit requires that you connect your Switch to another device to load CFW.
An untethered exploit doesn't require that you connect your Switch to another device to load CFW.

Also AutoRCM kinda allows untethered coldboot even if it is slightly unsafe.
AutoRCM is not untethered, since you still need to plug the Switch into something (e.g. computer, Android, etc.) using the USB-C port to load a payload.

Edit: AutoRCM is also relatively safe. If you don't take precautions, you might accidentally drain your battery and need to recharge it using the proper means.

And that post talks about 1.0-4.1, but what about 5.0+?
It is very possible that 5.0.0 and higher will always require RCM to load CFW and homebrew.

Noob question here.

Would any CWF or solution allow us to install something like DLC someday (if not possible already) ?

I would like to install japanese voices for Xenoblades 2 but i don't want to update to access the e-shop
Edit: If you mean pirate the DLC without paying for it, it might be possible, but it's probably going to be a very long time before you can do this.
If you mean legitimately buy the DLC, you will be able to do that when Atmosphere is released with support for emuNAND.

Last edited by Lacius,

TheFIrstAv3nger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I for the life of me can't get the homebrew launcher on my switch. I made a jig and can enter rcm mode, but anytime I plug my usb cord into it, the battery icon shows up and it just boots up, 10+ times in a row so far.

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I for the life of me can't get the homebrew launcher on my switch. I made a jig and can enter rcm mode, but anytime I plug my usb cord into it, the battery icon shows up and it just boots up, 10+ times in a row so far.
Are you sure your entering RCM? (Hold vol + while pressing power) what are you using to launch a payload?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)