1. xem

xem GBAtemp Regular

France
    Hello, quick noob question:

in FAQ#1, Team Xecuter says that the game backups will be read from the MicroSD card, but technically, would it be possible (maybe in a future update) to load them from an external, USB-C hard disk, or is is definitely excluded?

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States

3. Mil098

Mil098 Member
    Newcomer

Thanks Draxzelex, I should have been more detailed regarding the joycon slide rail jig.
    I plan on buying a separate rail and modding (connecting pin 1 and 10) that, not an actual joycon itself. The modded jig is far safer (because it's already designed to fit the switch perfectly) than a 3d printed jig or paper clip.

joy con rail jig.jpg

Draxzelex likes this.
  4. GOT4N

GOT4N GBAtemp Fan

Algeria
    What are advantages of staying in 4.0/4.1? My Switch is on one of these two versions (not sure since it's been out of battery for 2 months) and I hesitate updating it to play MK8/Mario Tennis Aces demo

5. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    You may get a potential warmboot softmod if you don't feel too comfortable entering RCM and sending a payload via USB every time you wanna use hacks. However, we don't have an ETA because its possible they are holding it off until it can be tested on firmwares 5.x to see if it has been patched out or not.

Also, Atmosphere will be implementing EmuNAND support so you will eventually be able to update to the latest firmware anyways. Its original target date was June 15th which is coming up. If you have waited this long without updating, I would suggest waiting a little big longer.

6. veddermandan

veddermandan Advanced Member

Australia
    Atmosphere has no release date. FG was due for release 15th June but was leaked early.
    SX is your only choice really. And they have stated they are working on making split roms work on the backup loader for fat32 sd cards. Also including an emunand and homebrew capabilities.

Atmosphere hasn't even been shown working. You guys are going to be waiting along time after everyone else has been using SX OS.

7. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I thought the same thing for a while but as it turns out June 15th wasn't just the release date for Fusee Gelee.
    They originally planned to try to release both on the same day, June 15th. Also, SciresM has shown multiple times booting Atmosphere on his YouTube channel. There's no public way to boot it and he himself admits he does some ugly things to get it to start, but it has been shown to work numerous times. If you don't follow his YouTube channel, his Twitter account provides updates on Atmosphere's progress as well.

8. veddermandan

veddermandan Advanced Member

Australia
    Who the hell is that dude you're quoting. You keep quoting him for some reason.
    If the main developers haven't confirmed this date its BS mate.
    Im still on 3.0.0 so im happy to wait for a suitable permanent solution. But ive ordered the Xecuter dongle and software anyway. Im not updating until i know there is no chance of a permanent softmod.
    Scriresm of whatever his name is has stated its almost impossible for a permanent solution due to the hard work involved for all firmwares.
    So have fun waiting for Atmosphere while everyone else is enjoying using SX OS

9. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    1. I have quoted little to nothing from kubas_inko, but if you evidence to support the contrary, I will gladly take a look.
    2. He was posting a screenshot from the ReSwitched discord and I don't believe there is any reason they would be spreading any misinformation or lies.
    3. Don't you worry, we all will have fun waiting for our free backup launcher ;)

10. coolbird22

coolbird22 Member
    Newcomer

Fiji
    Noob with a 1.0.0 Switch here. I got my RCM jig in the mail today, and managed to put it into RCM mode and installed the APX drivers on my Windows 8.1. Now, while waiting for CFW, is there anything else that I can do with my Switch ? Can I play old NES roms or something ? Plz note that I don't have Puyo Puyo or Pegaswitch.

11. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Perfect opportunity to use this thread! https://gbatemp.net/threads/what-kind-of-hacks-you-can-do-right-now.505183/#post-8002642

coolbird22 likes this.
  12. evanm18

evanm18 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    i am currently on 5.0.2 firmware can i install the sdxc update without losing homebrew?

13. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Yes, just plug in an exFAT formatted SD card into your Switch and let it download from Nintendo's servers.

14. Range-TE

Range-TE GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Indonesia
    So i used the NX loader app from android to boot up payloads, it worked just fine yesterday but today my android wouldnt detect the switch anymore? I tried reinstalling the driver and injecting payloads through PC and it works fine, so i think this is more of my android not detecting it anymore.

Anyone has any idea how to fix this?

15. ciareriam

ciareriam Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands Antilles
    I got a 4.1.0 switch recently. I'm looking to transfer my Nintendo ID and save data from a friend's switch but I can't do anything Nintendo ID related unless I update. Is there any way to go about this? I saw the Gag Order release. Will that help?

16. dwop

dwop Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Need help with picodrive gen gx and beetlepsx, specifically on 5.0.2, I can load picodrive, but beetlepsx doesnt even open at all. No roms work with picodrive, and I didn't bother

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Need help with picodrive gen gx and beetlepsx, specifically on 5.0.2, I can load picodrive, but beetlepsx doesnt even open at all. No roms work with picodrive. (and I didn't bother finding a bios for beetlepsx if i'm being honest.)

17. NANASHI89

NANASHI89 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Will coldboot be available on all FW?

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

18. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Get a new phone? In all seriousness, I have never heard of this issue. It seems to be an issue with your phone though. Try thinking of all the things that you did with your phone, or it did by itself, from the last time it successfully sent a payload.

It can but the problem is the moment the Switch connects with the Internet again, the super update nag will return. You can try DNS blocking here, but I don't know if blocking those DNS will also prevent you from transferring your Nintendo ID.

Neither work on 5.0.2
    Source: https://gbatemp.net/threads/a-list-...rrently-works-with-5-0-2.503515/#post-7967064

If you mean the tethered coldboot known as Fusee Gelee, yes it will be available on all firmware because it something that cannot be patched out. It is an exploit that is designed to work on all current Switch revisions, known as Erista. Mariko, the name of the new chip that the future Switch revision will use, will have fixed this exploit.

19. CaptainCrispy

CaptainCrispy Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Apologies if this is obvious/already been asked, but if I were to simply use a save editor for something such as Xenoblade or Breath of the Wild, is there a high likelihood of getting banned?
    Don't really feel like spending money on buying a new switch just to play online again. I just want to skip the grind for some games.

20. NANASHI89

NANASHI89 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Wait.

"Tethered Coldboot?"

So I'll STILL have to activate the RCM exploit to activate CFW? Or will I never have to activate the exploit again?

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE, SWITCH