Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

xem

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, quick noob question:

in FAQ#1, Team Xecuter says that the game backups will be read from the MicroSD card, but technically, would it be possible (maybe in a future update) to load them from an external, USB-C hard disk, or is is definitely excluded?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, quick noob question:

in FAQ#1, Team Xecuter says that the game backups will be read from the MicroSD card, but technically, would it be possible (maybe in a future update) to load them from an external, USB-C hard disk, or is is definitely excluded?

My crystal ball says maybe someday.

Mil098

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To be on the safer side of things, making a permanent modification that will involve pin 10 being high all the time might potentially warrant a ban if Nintendo adds a firmware update that starts checking for this. If you want a permanent modification that is a lot safer, the reed switch seems to be the way to go: https://gbatemp.net/threads/f-g-joycon-mod-magnethax-switch-edition.502459/ Of course, its your choice what you want to do.

In maybe less than a month, we will have the CFW, Atmosphere, that will feature EmuNAND support to allow us to play online without losing our low system firmware in case a better exploit comes along. A good setup to avoid being banned while playing online is to do all of the hacks on SysNAND using the CFW while going online using EmuNAND. Also, with all the ports coming the Switch's way, I can't see a game NOT being ported to the Switch like Diablo 3.

Anyways, gathering and distributing information is what I'm good at! Glad to know it helped a fellow user out :D

Thanks Draxzelex, I should have been more detailed regarding the joycon slide rail jig.
I plan on buying a separate rail and modding (connecting pin 1 and 10) that, not an actual joycon itself. The modded jig is far safer (because it's already designed to fit the switch perfectly) than a 3d printed jig or paper clip.

joy con rail jig.jpg

Reactions: Draxzelex

GOT4N

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
What are advantages of staying in 4.0/4.1? My Switch is on one of these two versions (not sure since it's been out of battery for 2 months) and I hesitate updating it to play MK8/Mario Tennis Aces demo

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are advantages of staying in 4.0/4.1? My Switch is on one of these two versions (not sure since it's been out of battery for 2 months) and I hesitate updating it to play MK8/Mario Tennis Aces demo
You may get a potential warmboot softmod if you don't feel too comfortable entering RCM and sending a payload via USB every time you wanna use hacks. However, we don't have an ETA because its possible they are holding it off until it can be tested on firmwares 5.x to see if it has been patched out or not.

Also, Atmosphere will be implementing EmuNAND support so you will eventually be able to update to the latest firmware anyways. Its original target date was June 15th which is coming up. If you have waited this long without updating, I would suggest waiting a little big longer.

veddermandan

Trophies
Website
youtu.be
XP
Country
Australia
You may get a potential warmboot softmod if you don't feel too comfortable entering RCM and sending a payload via USB every time you wanna use hacks. However, we don't have an ETA because its possible they are holding it off until it can be tested on firmwares 5.x to see if it has been patched out or not.

Also, Atmosphere will be implementing EmuNAND support so you will eventually be able to update to the latest firmware anyways. Its original target date was June 15th which is coming up. If you have waited this long without updating, I would suggest waiting a little big longer.

Atmosphere has no release date. FG was due for release 15th June but was leaked early.
SX is your only choice really. And they have stated they are working on making split roms work on the backup loader for fat32 sd cards. Also including an emunand and homebrew capabilities.

Atmosphere hasn't even been shown working. You guys are going to be waiting along time after everyone else has been using SX OS.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atmosphere has no release date. FG was due for release 15th June but was leaked early.
SX is your only choice really. And they have stated they are working on making split roms work on the backup loader for fat32 sd cards. Also including an emunand and homebrew capabilities.

Atmosphere hasn't even been shown working. You guys are going to be waiting along time after everyone else has been using SX OS.
I thought the same thing for a while but as it turns out June 15th wasn't just the release date for Fusee Gelee.
They originally planned to try to release both on the same day, June 15th. Also, SciresM has shown multiple times booting Atmosphere on his YouTube channel. There's no public way to boot it and he himself admits he does some ugly things to get it to start, but it has been shown to work numerous times. If you don't follow his YouTube channel, his Twitter account provides updates on Atmosphere's progress as well.

veddermandan

Trophies
Website
youtu.be
XP
Country
Australia
I thought the same thing for a while but as it turns out June 15th wasn't just the release date for Fusee Gelee.
They originally planned to try to release both on the same day, June 15th. Also, SciresM has shown multiple times booting Atmosphere on his YouTube channel. There's no public way to boot it and he himself admits he does some ugly things to get it to start, but it has been shown to work numerous times. If you don't follow his YouTube channel, his Twitter account provides updates on Atmosphere's progress as well.

Who the hell is that dude you're quoting. You keep quoting him for some reason.
If the main developers haven't confirmed this date its BS mate.
Im still on 3.0.0 so im happy to wait for a suitable permanent solution. But ive ordered the Xecuter dongle and software anyway. Im not updating until i know there is no chance of a permanent softmod.
Scriresm of whatever his name is has stated its almost impossible for a permanent solution due to the hard work involved for all firmwares.
So have fun waiting for Atmosphere while everyone else is enjoying using SX OS

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who the hell is that dude you're quoting. You keep quoting him for some reason.
If the main developers haven't confirmed this date its BS mate.
Im still on 3.0.0 so im happy to wait for a suitable permanent solution. But ive ordered the Xecuter dongle and software anyway. Im not updating until i know there is no chance of a permanent softmod.
Scriresm of whatever his name is has stated its almost impossible for a permanent solution due to the hard work involved for all firmwares.
So have fun waiting for Atmosphere while everyone else is enjoying using SX OS
1. I have quoted little to nothing from kubas_inko, but if you evidence to support the contrary, I will gladly take a look.
2. He was posting a screenshot from the ReSwitched discord and I don't believe there is any reason they would be spreading any misinformation or lies.
3. Don't you worry, we all will have fun waiting for our free backup launcher ;)

coolbird22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Noob with a 1.0.0 Switch here. I got my RCM jig in the mail today, and managed to put it into RCM mode and installed the APX drivers on my Windows 8.1. Now, while waiting for CFW, is there anything else that I can do with my Switch ? Can I play old NES roms or something ? Plz note that I don't have Puyo Puyo or Pegaswitch.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: coolbird22

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
So i used the NX loader app from android to boot up payloads, it worked just fine yesterday but today my android wouldnt detect the switch anymore? I tried reinstalling the driver and injecting payloads through PC and it works fine, so i think this is more of my android not detecting it anymore.

Anyone has any idea how to fix this?

ciareriam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
I got a 4.1.0 switch recently. I'm looking to transfer my Nintendo ID and save data from a friend's switch but I can't do anything Nintendo ID related unless I update. Is there any way to go about this? I saw the Gag Order release. Will that help?

dwop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need help with picodrive gen gx and beetlepsx, specifically on 5.0.2, I can load picodrive, but beetlepsx doesnt even open at all. No roms work with picodrive, and I didn't bother

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Need help with picodrive gen gx and beetlepsx, specifically on 5.0.2, I can load picodrive, but beetlepsx doesnt even open at all. No roms work with picodrive. (and I didn't bother finding a bios for beetlepsx if i'm being honest.)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i used the NX loader app from android to boot up payloads, it worked just fine yesterday but today my android wouldnt detect the switch anymore? I tried reinstalling the driver and injecting payloads through PC and it works fine, so i think this is more of my android not detecting it anymore.

Anyone has any idea how to fix this?
Get a new phone? In all seriousness, I have never heard of this issue. It seems to be an issue with your phone though. Try thinking of all the things that you did with your phone, or it did by itself, from the last time it successfully sent a payload.

I got a 4.1.0 switch recently. I'm looking to transfer my Nintendo ID and save data from a friend's switch but I can't do anything Nintendo ID related unless I update. Is there any way to go about this? I saw the Gag Order release. Will that help?
It can but the problem is the moment the Switch connects with the Internet again, the super update nag will return. You can try DNS blocking here, but I don't know if blocking those DNS will also prevent you from transferring your Nintendo ID.

Need help with picodrive gen gx and beetlepsx, specifically on 5.0.2, I can load picodrive, but beetlepsx doesnt even open at all. No roms work with picodrive, and I didn't bother

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Need help with picodrive gen gx and beetlepsx, specifically on 5.0.2, I can load picodrive, but beetlepsx doesnt even open at all. No roms work with picodrive. (and I didn't bother finding a bios for beetlepsx if i'm being honest.)
Neither work on 5.0.2
Source: https://gbatemp.net/threads/a-list-...rrently-works-with-5-0-2.503515/#post-7967064

Will coldboot be available on all FW?

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk
If you mean the tethered coldboot known as Fusee Gelee, yes it will be available on all firmware because it something that cannot be patched out. It is an exploit that is designed to work on all current Switch revisions, known as Erista. Mariko, the name of the new chip that the future Switch revision will use, will have fixed this exploit.

CaptainCrispy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies if this is obvious/already been asked, but if I were to simply use a save editor for something such as Xenoblade or Breath of the Wild, is there a high likelihood of getting banned?
Don't really feel like spending money on buying a new switch just to play online again. I just want to skip the grind for some games.

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait.

"Tethered Coldboot?"

So I'll STILL have to activate the RCM exploit to activate CFW? Or will I never have to activate the exploit again?

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i dont know why tv manufactures put the hdmi ports in dumb locations so the cables have to stick out, and then down, putting strain on the ports. Instead of having the ports along the bottom edge of the tv facing downwards.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    windows me was mostly on laptops if i remembered correctly
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I hate that too where you have to use an HDMI extension for an Amazon Fire Stick.
    +1
    I had a desktop with ME on it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, And also cheap-ass desktop PCs like eMachines.
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah I can still go for totinos