Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

KoKoSchan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still on firmware 3.0.0 - whats the best way to use payloads and homebrew channel?

And as I read, its possible to boot into rcm without jigs on Firmware 3.0.0 - is this true?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still on firmware 3.0.0 - whats the best way to use payloads and homebrew channel?

And as I read, its possible to boot into rcm without jigs on Firmware 3.0.0 - is this true?
Follow this tutorial here. When you get to the part where it mentions to download Hekate for 4.x or 5.x, you will use this version of Hekate that supports all firmwares.
And to boot into RCM without a jig involves AutoRCM, which corrupts the boot-up of your Switch. However, to install it, it must be done as a payload meaning you will need to enter RCM with a jig or something else to install AutoRCM so you can enter AutoRCM without a jig. Also be aware that AutoRCM will prevent you from booting your Switch up normally or even charging it. You will need to send a payload.bin that will let you boot into the Switch's OS (such as Hekate) and from there you can use your Switch like normal except for the lack of sleep mode because Hekate doesn't support sleep mode.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do we prevent automatic updates from occuring. Do we use a DNS? Is that the first thing everyone is supposed to do if they plan on staying on older updates? If so this is the first time I heard about it when it comes to the switch.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forgot to mention this earlier, but I updated the thread. All the information should be up to date again. If you have anything to add or if i got anything wrong, please let me know!
First, thanks for updating OP! Its looking good! I've got 2 possible changes you could make.
1. 5.1 doesn't break Atmosphere's loader of homebrew. It patches the public homebrew menu that the community has been using. The one SciresM uses has to be re-compiled by someone else for use outside of Atmosphere for 5.1 or a dev has to patch the currently available homebrew menu. Anyways, I bring this up because someone might mistake 5.1 as patching Atmosphere when it, so far, does not.
2. There's a second Switch emulator by the name of Ryujinx that has been shown to run Sonic Mania and Mario Odyssey. It's pretty even with Yuzu when it comes to game compatibility and bugs. Its up to you if you even wanna mention it under the Switch emulators section.

Last edited by Draxzelex,
Reactions: PF2M and APartOfMe

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, thanks for updating OP! Its looking good! I've got 2 possible changes you could make.
1. 5.1 doesn't break Atmosphere's loader of homebrew. It patches the public homebrew menu that the community has been using. The one SciresM uses has to be re-compiled by someone else for use outside of Atmosphere for 5.1 or a dev has to patch the currently available homebrew menu. Anyways, I bring this up because someone might mistake 5.1 as patching Atmosphere when it so far doesn't.
2. There's a second Switch emulator by the name of Ryujinx that has been shown to run Sonic Mania and Mario Odyssey. It's pretty even with Yuzu when it comes to game compatibility and bugs. Its up to you if you even wanna mention it under the Switch emulators section.
Fixed! Thanks for pointing those out!

Reactions: Draxzelex
D

Deleted User

Hi you all

I know this question is already answer? or not .

So I follow all the steps based on the forum tutorials that found from advanced users and also by regular users but no luck.

1º.I follow the steps regarding Fusèe on my iMac and (the payload was injected but nothing was shown) the screen on the switch was blank
2º.I follow the steps for Windows 10(OS that I'm using) TegraRCM injected the file but my screen is still blank

What am I doing wrong.
Using USB Male 3 - USB C
iMac Sierra and Parallels or even a normal PC
payloads - rekate (latest version 2.0 exFat)
Can anyone help?

I saw lots of videos in particular (Mazumi), I thought that Jailbreaking iOS(not) was hard or even r00t on android(not) but heck no, Switch is more challenging) :)

Thanks advance

Last edited by ,

horokeusama

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I know thats just speculation by now but... will Nintendo be able to identify who's using CFW and backups while the console is online?

I mean, If I download the next pokémon RPG and play it using their paid online service, is there any reason to worry? Like, the game can have an unique ID or something in this line, I don't know.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi you all

I know this question is already answer? or not .

So I follow all the steps based on the forum tutorials that found from advanced users and also by regular users but no luck.

1º.I follow the steps regarding Fusèe on my iMac and (the payload was injected but nothing was shown) the screen on the switch was blank
2º.I follow the steps for Windows 10(OS that I'm using) TegraRCM injected the file but my screen is still blank

What am I doing wrong.
Using USB Male 3 - USB C
iMac Sierra and Parallels or even a normal PC
payloads - rekate (latest version 2.0 exFat)
Can anyone help?

I saw lots of videos in particular (Mazumi), I thought that Jailbreaking iOS(not) was hard or even r00t on android(not) but heck no, Switch is more challenging) :)

Thanks advance
Can't really tell what you're doing wrong or right since this is the entire process of what you're supposed to do. Going to need gather additional information.
1. Are you sure your Switch is in RCM? It doesn't show the Nintendo Logo when you press power and vol +? It shows up as an APX device on both of your computers?
2. Does your iMAC have USB 3.0 ports? Fusee Gelee only works with USB 3.0
3. Does your PC have either USB 2.0/3.0 ports? TegraRCMSmash works with both USB types
4. On your PC, did you install the correct drivers using Zadig? Did you even install the drivers? I see no mention of them in your post.

I know thats just speculation by now but... will Nintendo be able to identify who's using CFW and backups while the console is online?

I mean, If I download the next pokémon RPG and play it using their paid online service, is there any reason to worry? Like, the game can have an unique ID or something in this line, I don't know.
Theoretically, yes. The CFW part will probably be harder to check since developers will try to make it mimic the Horizon OS as much as possible, but it can never be perfect since we don't know what information Nintendo is collecting to ban users who use CFW. For backups, game cartridges specifically, they have a unique certificate attached to them. All of the ones BBB uploaded have them removed, but supposedly there are checks if you inject a header that doesn't originally belong to that cartridge. We will have to wait and see if people get banned or not for using TX's modchip to play backups while they are online.

Reactions: Deleted User

SushiKing

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
As of right now, the only confirmed way to play that game using hacks would be with TX's modchip. Atmosphere may or may not have implemented backup launching by the time this game comes out.

Okay thanks, im not familiar with them so i guess i'll look into it. So if i buy a switch now, I can get it ready for when the pokemon games come out?

horokeusama

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can't really tell what you're doing wrong or right since this is the entire process of what you're supposed to do. Going to need gather additional information.
1. Are you sure your Switch is in RCM? It doesn't show the Nintendo Logo when you press power and vol +? It shows up as an APX device on both of your computers?
3. Does your PC have either USB 2.0/3.0 ports? TegraRCMSmash works with both USB types
4. On your PC, did you install the correct drivers using Zadig? Did you even install the drivers? I see no mention of them in your post.

Theoretically, yes. The CFW part will probably be harder to check since developers will try to make it mimic the Horizon OS as much as possible, but it can never be perfect since we don't know what information Nintendo is collecting to ban users who use CFW. For backups, game cartridges specifically, they have a unique certificate attached to them. All of the ones BBB uploaded have them removed, but supposedly there are checks if you inject a header that doesn't originally belong to that cartridge. We will have to wait and see if people get banned or not for using TX's modchip to play backups while they are online.

Wow what a bummer... that makes me think if I really want to keep my console on 4.1.0...

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay thanks, im not familiar with them so i guess i'll look into it. So if i buy a switch now, I can get it ready for when the pokemon games come out?
I would buy the Switch now because Nintendo is planning on releasing a new Switch revision that fixes the exploit that not only Team Xecuter is using with their modchip, but the one the whole Switch community is using. Their modchip is the only currently known way of running backups, provided you have a backup to run (it will go on a micro SD card as a .XCI file).

Reactions: SushiKing
D

Deleted User

Hi and thanks for quick answer @Draxzelex

To answer your questions;

1. Well TegraRCMGUI says that I'm on RCM so I suppose it is :) / and on my iMac everything went smooth on injecting also the same on parallels or the PC ( "I saw in some vids online" that a bunch of guys using a jig all the time even when injecting the payload) does this matters? (I used the mazumi method with the screw drive "have the same one as he".
2. iMac 27" 5k late 2015 has the 4 ports USB3 - and I have the cable usb3->usb c /and lots of USB2 cable (I think I will open a USB house :D)
3. PC have USB2 ports only and I used TegraRCMSmash (used on all 3 available ports the fourth is for my mouse :) )
4. Yes I used Zadig to install the libusb

Yeah but I'm not expecting on buying the TX Modchip :( to much expensive here in Portugal, and I prefer challenges :)

Last edited by ,

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi and thanks for quick answer @Draxzelex

To answer your questions;

1. Well TegraRCMGUI says that I'm on RCM so I suppose it is :) / and on my iMac everything went smooth on injecting also the same on parallels or the PC ( "I saw in some vids online" that a bunch of guys using a jig all the time even when injecting the payload) does this matters? (I used the mazumi method with the screw drive "have the same one as he".
2. iMac 27" 5k late 2015 has the 4 ports USB3 - and I have the cable usb3->usb c /and lots of USB2 cable (I think I will open a USB house :D)
3. PC have USB2 ports only and I used TegraRCMSmash (used on all 3 available ports the fourth is for my mouse :) )
4. Yes I used Zadig to install the libusb

Yeah but I'm not expecting on buying the TX Modchip :( to much expensive here in Portugal, and I prefer challenges :)
i use the screwdriver method too. you only have to be shorting the pin while your booting. once it's in RCM, you can take the screwdriver/jig out.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do you have an android phone? I've found that to be the easiest way of booting payloads

D

Deleted User

After experimenting on Mac / Virtual PC and also in other PC.

I have created a new user on my PC and YESSSSS IS WORKING i have now jailbreak this

Thanks to all mods for sharing this wonderful stuff

Reactions: APartOfMe

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What SD card formt is better for switch, FAT32 or Exfat? I'll be using an SDXC card and I plan on using it with SX-OS, and I can't decide if I want to trim or trim and split into 4 GB parts. I'd supposed Exfat would be better since it doesnt have a file size limitation.

MikeTheKnight2016

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see the term payload used a lot describing files to send for various patches etc.

What exactly is a "payload"? What is the definition?

According to Dictionary it is:
pay·load
ˈpāˌlōd/
noun
noun: payload; plural noun: payloads
  1. 1.
    the part of a vehicle's load, especially an aircraft's, from which revenue is derived; passengers and cargo.
    • equipment, personnel, or satellites carried by a spacecraft.
    • Computing
      the actual information or message in transmitted data, as opposed to automatically generated metadata.
  2. 2.
    an explosive warhead carried by a missile.

Reactions: Deleted User

Seleron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,

I recently heard that it is possible to dump sysNAND if you have a CFW (I dont know which). Right now, I am on 4.1 and I want to update for online splatoon. Do you think it would be possible to return to 4.1 in the future if I store my dumped sysNAND until then? I am basicly a noob on this topic but I think this was possible with 3ds.

Thanks!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and so i got mashle instead, which is actually quite good
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    GUYS YOU CAN LAUNCH HEALTH AND SAFETY INFO IN AROMA NOW
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan,i only watched anime
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for anyone wondering what that is, basically, it's about the one person in the world without magic, instead he's just dummy strong
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Dr. What and Dr. Where got lost together somewhere in time, Dr. When is looking for them
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    What about Dr. How?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    OR DR. WHY?
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    @Xdqwerty sorry i get excited when i get to see what type of laser the wii u uses
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    They ALL went to Nurse Why's house
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: SCPs started from some Dr. Who fanfic or smth on 4chan
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Dr How and Why, will be in the prequel
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, or dr when
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    dr what
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ooohhh the steamy scene with Nurse Why. omg :blush:
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty is Dr. Wut
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey gets mad and tells me its a bad habit to bite your nails, even though I told her I washed my feet first.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Dr Strange is a gynecologist for prostitutes.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Going where lots of men have gone before
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i tear off my nails
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it was a joke, but I used to bite my nails when I was young, but when I started doing construction work and seen what crap was under my nails, I stopped.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    What i said isnt a joke
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sometimes yea when they get real long, you want to, but I always end up with a bloody finger or hangnails.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well that's 30 minutes worth of complaining
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They send you the wrong STD medicine again?
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: They send you the wrong STD medicine again?