NULL

SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. MisterMue

MisterMue Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2013
    Germany
    My switch ran out of battery while on autorcm. Now the switch does not charge and does not do anything at all. How do i get it charging again?

2. MCLOUD

MCLOUD Newbie

Newcomer
    May 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Hi guys,

I'm a bit new at this but after initially setting up my Switch with CFW (I believe it was ReiNX) last year I've finally found the time to start using it again. Unfortunately I am having trouble getting TegraRcmGUI and TegraRcmSmash to recognize the Switch once it is in RCM and connected to my Windows 10 PC. Oddly enough the Switch IS recognized by my PC, but only when the screen is on and only through Devices and Printers + USB View - NOT through Device Manager. Fortunately I can still access OFW so it hasn't been bricked or anything, but obviously if it is not recognized by my PC then I cannot send the payload to the device (as of the present time I only have USB C to USB C and USB A to USB C, nothing that would support my Android phone) and thus cannot get CFW to work. Additionally the Switch charges successfully from the USB C connection, so I do not believe it is the cables fault either (for what it's worth I'm using the Amazon Basics one which explicitly states it supports data transfer). As of the present time I have tried the following;

• Updating the TegraRcm version to the latest release
    • Installing the applicable drivers (which always works successfully)
    • Restarting the PC multiple times
    • Removing my existing Jig and trying a new one (aluminium foil method both times)
    • Updating the Payload to the latest version
    • Unplugging and re-plugging the cable ad-finitium
    • Updating the USB C 3.1 drivers on my PC
    • Holding the volume-up + power button for varying lengths of time (12 seconds, 2.5 seconds, quick tap etc)
    • Reading about a dozen forum threads wherein people describe the same issue
    • Using both TegraRcmGUI and TegraRCMSmash
    It does seem to be booting into RCM as it doesn't launch like normal and instead stays on the black screen, but despite all of my attempts I cannot get my PC to recognize the Switch in Device Manager (or at all when the screen isn't on). As such any suggestions would be appreciated, outside of getting a USB C to micro-USB USB cable to try it on my phone (which I will do quite soon if I continue to have no luck getting the device to work). Oh and I would take advantage of Zadig 2.4 but that requires the Switch to show up as SOMETHING in device manager, which it refuses to do :(

Edit - 17/5/19: For whatever reason I was able to get it to work today, even though I hadn't restarted my PC or anything special. I guess it is true that W10 just has trouble recognizing the Switch, but the good news is that you shouldn't give up hope if you can't get it to work. Just come back later and maybe you'll get better luck like I did!

Last edited by MCLOUD, May 17, 2019
  3. A Generic User

A Generic User GBAtemp Regular

Aug 24, 2015
    United States
    What do you mean by "plug in a battery"? If it enters RCM on boot even without the pins being shorted or holding the buttons, it has AutoRCM.
    Send a payload to the Switch, and once the OS boots, charge it with the AC adapter.
    Unfortunately, Windows 10 is known to have a lot of problems when connecting to a Switch in recovery mode. Since you already know that many people have had this problem, you don't have much in the way of options. You can try a different PC or installing a different OS on yours, just in case you're paranoid about it being something wrong with the Switch itself, but outside of that I would just look into using your phone for RCM stuff.

MisterMue and MCLOUD like this.
  4. PrimalRex

PrimalRex GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hey, I want to upgrade my sd card in my switch, is it possible to just copy files over? if my current 64Gb card is Exfat with CFW on it, can I just copy the contents to a 128GB with Exfat?

5. A Generic User

A Generic User GBAtemp Regular

Aug 24, 2015
    United States
    Yes, you can just do that. Format shouldn't matter unless you have a file bigger than 4 GB on it.

6. PrimalRex

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    So it is ok to transfer the entire 64GB card over. This has no files I have added manually that are over 4GB

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

thanks

7. pepoy

pepoy Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2006
    hi im following the tutorial here to backup my nand.

when i use hekate and press dump package1/2 it says that Failed to run sept

8. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    If you use exFAT, you don’t have to care about file size and you can simply copy and paste everything. Keep in mind that exFAT is known for corruption and isn’t recommended. You should use FAT32 instead.

9. gavinfriday69

gavinfriday69 Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2019
    Belgium
    I dowloaded an XCI file through a reliable source: team sonic race. for some reason it does not give any info back when using an backup manager tool (languages.... firmware...) All the others have no issue.. Using the option to look for an info update on the net... it does not give a cartridge art or description.. or all the other missing info
    Is that an indication to doubt the file?

10. gavinfriday69

gavinfriday69 Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2019
    Belgium
    I read somewhere that the SX OS stealth mode should not be used with the 90DNS option for your network. Why is that?

11. Matchitza

Matchitza Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2017
    Indonesia
    Is there a way I can boot into Atmosphere (Vanilla, not KOSMOS) with sigpatches with the latest Hekate version? There seems to be changes and it seems I need to make a manual hekate_ipl.ini file.

12. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    Try another source. Maybe the xci is faulty.

13. Skirlez

Skirlez GBAtemp Regular

Dec 8, 2018
    Israel
    Small question:
    Can we get real untethered coldboot using autoRCM and a trinket?

14. Pola92

Pola92 Member

Newcomer
    May 9, 2019
    United States
    Hi everyone, so I’m just a little confused with what’s the difference between atmosphere and Kosmos, or how is is they’re related, could anyone clarify this for me?
    Thanks

15. NFates

NFates Wants to understand™

Mar 13, 2016
    Dominican Republic
    Probably home.
    Atmosphere is a CFW. Kosmos is basically an Atmosphere + Hekate + sigpatches package made by Team AtlasNX.

You can use Hekate and sigpatches with Atmosphere without Kosmos, but they make it easier because it's a bundle.

Pola92 likes this.
  16. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 13, 2019
    United States
    Before I update to 8.0.1 I want to see is anything broken? I know some people had to reinstall their nsps does that happen to everyone? Everything else working Retroarch, Reicast etc....?

17. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Somewhat of it, if you set it up to autoboot with AutoRCM.

18. Fishhook

Fishhook Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2019
    United States
    Hi -

Many thanks for the help everybody has posted here.

Two questions please, I am getting started:

I have a brand new switch, unpatched.

My setup will be to use a MicroSD formatted as FAT32 as primary SD card. I will not use exFAT for the SD card.

Then, I will use an external USB drive formatted as exFAT to install .nsp and .xci that are greater than 4gB on the FAT32 SD card, without having to do any splitting myself. I will use SX OS to do this. I read this tip in another forum post.

First, when creating emuNAND, do I select the option for MicroSD as Files or MicroSD as partition? I am using FAT32 for the microSD.

My Second question, in choidujour, when I get to the screen where I can select an "exFAT" option (or not), do I select the NON-exFAT option, or the exFAT option?

I am assuming I should use the latest version of choidujour: 1.0.2?

19. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Files on SD leave the emunand partion as files on the card, hidden partition create a separated hidden partition, if the card get corrupted the emunand goes bye bye as file on SD. You want to update ChoidujourNX with the exFAT option even if you only want to use the sd card as FAT32.

20. PrimalRex

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    bit late for that now....