SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    sd:/tinfoil/zerotwoxci

from memory... it's listed on the thread for it where they need to be :)

2. kyrusdemnati

kyrusdemnati Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2019
    United Kingdom
    what is the homebrew app i need that will allow me to boot the cfw menu homescreen, remove my sd card (so i can load games) and insert back in swich and reload the bootloader? without having to rejig

3. ggmkp

ggmkp Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2019
    United States
    After installing cfw (sx os) and enabling emunand
    I can't play any of my eshop games that I purchased...

It's asking me to download them as the software is not currently on the console.
    How can I redownload and play my games?

Do I need to find a pirated xci or nsp file and play that way?

4. davidman82

davidman82 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2019
    Malaysia
    i cant go to HOMECREW menu at photo album to launch CHOIdujourNX to run firmware 6.2.....help

5. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
  6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    I don't think there is such a homebrew application.

Did you make a copy of your Nintendo folder and rename it to Emutendo?

7. ggmkp

ggmkp Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2019
    United States
    I'm using the sx pro with hidden emunand partition in SD. I now have 2 folders: Emutendo and Nintendo.
    So where do I copy the backup of original Nintendo folder?

And do you know if I can update games online using Emunand with stealth mode enabled?

8. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    SX OS created an Emutendo folder when you first made the EmuNAND partition but I don't think its a copy of your Nintendo folder. Delete the old one, make a copy of your Nintendo folder, and rename it to Emutendo.

For your second question, you cannot update games online with Stealth Mode enabled (that would defeat the purpose of Stealth Mode) but you can update your games offline by installing the respective updates in .NSP format.

9. ggmkp

ggmkp Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2019
    United States
    Thank you!
    One last quick question. Do I need to have both Emutendo and Nintendo folder? I just don't have enough space in sd card to have 2 copies of my games

10. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    The Nintendo folder stores your games for SysNAND while the Emutendo folder stores your games for EmuNAND. Unless you don't want to go through the hassle of moving one of these folders onto the SD card whenever you want to play on SysNAND/EmuNAND, you need both.

11. IncredulousP

IncredulousP GBAtemp Regular

Aug 21, 2012
    United States
    Looking for advice, I want to hack/exploit etc. When I buy this system in the future, should I buy a new one, or a used one? If used, what version should I be looking for?

12. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Pay attention to the serial number. Since the exploit is hardware-based, not software-based, firmware is irrelevant. But since we can't just pry open the consoles to take a look underneath the hood, we instead compare the serial number to a list of patched and unpatched units. The place where you can find the list is right here under the pinned threads.

IncredulousP likes this.
  13. fire10

fire10 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2015
    So with your help I managed to get this working. Ive installed Mario Bros Deluxe xci and its works great but ive tried with good dumps of Mario Kart 8 and Mario Odyssey but always get software needs update message. Im running 6.2 firmware and have the 001 version of odyssey and the 002 version of MK8 so they should be the latest versions, any idea why i always get the message and cant start the games please? I did get a bit on installing both these games that says Getting Tic size Ticket installation failed! this may not be an issue depending on your usecase Proceed with caution!
    Not sure what that means as then it says installing ncas which completes fine. Any help greatly appreciated

14. Cash_Cartier

Cash_Cartier Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2018
    United States
    I replaced my profile picture on my Switch with a custom jpg through goldleaf, and now it displays a white icon (not what I replaced it with). This icon will crash/freeze the system if I run any software that makes my profile appear, if I try to go to user settings in the settings menu, if I try and replace the picture on the profile page on the home menu, and if I try to change the profile picture through goldleaf itself. As such, all I can run are homebrew files. I can't access devMenu either (or at least using the guide on this forum, which doesn't produce the same freeze as other software, but displays a switch branded splash screen before crashing on a black screen).

I have a totally clean NAND backup should this issue prove to be unfixable. However, I really don't feel like dealing with figuring out how to get exFat drivers on my Switch (5.0.2) if it's not necessary, as I've been using FAT32 since I set up my Switch. Does anyone have any suggestions?

15. fire10

fire10 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2015
    Exfat is pretty easy mate use choudujour and download the 5.0.2 firmware when you reinstall the firmware it gives you the option to include exfat update and this is all offline :-)

16. Cash_Cartier

Cash_Cartier Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2018
    United States
    Got it updated and now I'm waiting on my backup file to transfer to the SD. Thank you.

17. Krucios

Krucios Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2019
    Italy
    Sorry guys, im really need a help.

First problem: How i can know wich is my firmware version? (I have the update message, so it doesn't display the firmware number).

Second: I have an ante summer 2018(I bought that console near March 2018). So my serial number is green. Now, what i must to do? XD

18. Zdobuzdo

Zdobuzdo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2018
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Why is my battery drained, empty after taking my sd card out of switch about 18 hours. Is there some problem taking sd card out of switch? It was about 60% full. Sx os, 2.3 (5.1)

19. shado9573

shado9573 GBAtemp Regular

May 25, 2017
    Pakistan
    I need Help.
    So i have a switch with a 128gb sd card running on 6.2.0.
    I bought it recently and have checked that it is hackable.
    I just want to know when i install hekate and backup my NAND. Do i have to then continue to install CFW like Reinx or Atmosphere or can i then just close the switch after backing up the NAND and continue as normal like go online etc.
    Also i just want to know if i install CFW and then access OFW and go online. Will i get banned in any way or will nintendo check like the error logs and is there any way to clear the logs.
    Is it dangerous to clear logs?

20. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Boot into maintenance mode to clear out the pending system update. You can do this by holding volume + and - when turning your console on. Once you enter the maintenance mode screen, thats it. You can turn off your console by pressing power.

If your serial number is good, you're ready to begin your journey into CFW and homebrew. No matter what CFW you use, two things you will need is something to boot into RCM and something to send a payload. For booting into RCM, anything conductive will do from a jig to a paperclip to even screwdrivers. You can consult this thread for a list of items to enter RCM with. As for sending a payload, any computer, Android phone, or rooted iOS device can do it as long as you have a USB-C cable. If you don't want to tether yourself to a computer, you can buy a dongle off of somewhere like eBay or Aliexpress.

You do not install anything you just listed; Hekate, CFW, ReiNX, Atmosphere, etc. Everything is booted temporarily via the payload.

But even though CFW is loaded temporarily, traces of CFW are not. Backups and error codes generated during CFW will persist after the system is shutdown which can flag you for a ban. The only way to remove such traces is with a NAND backup made in Hekate before running (not installing) CFW. This includes the eMMC raw GPP or rawnand as well as boot0/boot1. Its also dangerous to clear error logs not that you can do so anyway since the author removed the tool from the public.

Krucios likes this.