SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. jorgesd

jorgesd GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2018
    East Timor
    Hi, you mean this little fellows, right? upload_2019-1-14_21-6-8. It was the first thing i did before trying to follow any tutorial of payload injection.

Last edited by jorgesd, Jan 15, 2019
  2. GATWYAY3.2

GATWYAY3.2 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 28, 2015
    United States
    i thought sx came with a c cable .... im doing my backups right now. I read you can compress the 32GB backup to 1GB true ?

3. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Yes.
    Don't know how small they can get nor if they can necessarily reach that size but you can compress the rawnand. How much you can compress it depends on how much you have in the NAND when it was dumped; obviously the more stuff, the larger it will be when compressed. I doubt it will get as small as 1 GB since the NAND at the very least would be comprised of an empty USER partition and a 2.7 GB SYS partition but who knows, maybe there's some magic compression combination that can get it that tiny.

GATWYAY3.2 likes this.
  4. DaveC1964

DaveC1964 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2013
    United States
    I bought a Switch a long time ago with the intention to hack it and use it for emulators. I waited to do anything with it because of the ritual you need to go through to run HB (jigs, payloads, tethering etc). It just isn't worth the time to do all of that to get started every time I want to play something. I am more of the "turn it on and go" type. My question is will there ever be a permanent hack like the PSP or Vita when you "jailbreak " it once you are done and never have to mess with a jig or tether again? I was wondering because if it will always be like this I will just sell the Switch and move on to something more convenient to use. Thanks.

5. jorgesd

jorgesd GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2018
    East Timor
    by the time now, i think there is no method to have a permanent cfw in the console. What i use to avoid jig is autoRCM but if i turn off the swtich i need to inject a payload or it will be in black screen (RCM)

6. WiseFool

WiseFool GBAtemp Regular

Sep 3, 2018
    India
    Hey guys I am running my switch on an older version of Kosmos. I want to update to the latest version as I want to move to FW 6.2. I have disabled wifi so I dont think i can use the Kosmos updater from HBM. What is the other way to do this?

7. GATWYAY3.2

Apr 28, 2015
    United States
    Help ! the sxos giving me a black screen when i try to load the CFW is it because i dont have the exfat update ?

8. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    To add on to drax's answer the new version of reinx for 6.2 support requires layered_fs (fs_mitm.kip) to work properly, so yes mods do work in reinx :)

Use 90dns then use the kosmos updater, then use choidujourNX to update the firmware

use fat32 to use choidujourNX to update to an exfat version of the firmware

9. GATWYAY3.2

Apr 28, 2015
    United States
    im trying to update emunand with exfat so i format to fat32 and i can load up emunand to update it with exfat right ? that wil fix my black screen ?

10. Adran_Marit

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    Should do. I don't know exactly how sxos works but if it is like regular firmware then yea

GATWYAY3.2 likes this.
  11. GATWYAY3.2

Apr 28, 2015
    United States
    k ill go try that now, i hope this works

12. aFrenchGeek

aFrenchGeek Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2018
    France
    Hi everyone ! I would like to do a complete update of my cracked Switch (FW : 6.1 // SXOS : 2.0.1) which means :

1. Update my firmware to 6.2
    2. Update SXOS to the 2.5 version
    3. Create an SDemunand

So... To do a proper SD emunand, how should i do it ? Do i have to do a full backup of my actual SD card on my PC and then :

1. Delete everything on MicroSD
    2. Put back my clean NANDs backup on my SD
    3. Restore Nand Backup on my Nintendo Switch using Hektake
    4. Setup SDEmuNand via SXOS
    5. Put my previous files on my PC in my MicroSD card
    Looks ok to you ?

13. asdatoan

asdatoan Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2018
    Australia
    Hey guys, just wondering has there been any news of the ipatched switches getting hacked anytime soon?

14. Adran_Marit

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    [​IMG]

As for when it is getting released, all I can say is soon because I haven't heard much since that post

15. RitchieRitchie

RitchieRitchie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 15, 2013
    Hi

I recently did roughly the same. What you should do is:
    1. Update Sxos to 2.5.
    2. Make sure there is at least 32gb space free on your sd card.
    3. Create emunand (takes just over an hour).
    4. Boot into cfw and update fw via choidujournx to 6.2 (making sure to select the 'ex-fat' option if you are using ex fat.)
    5. Power off. Remove sd card and connect to pc. If you have saves/games you want to use on emunand delete the 'Emutendo' folder and rename the 'Nintendo' folder to 'Emutendo'.
    6. Boot up and make sure emunand is enabled on the sxos splash screen (it should be already).
    7. Boot into cfw!

16. GATWYAY3.2

Apr 28, 2015
    United States
    thanks @Adran_Marit switching to fat32 worked. it still boots up pretty slow compared to the videos ive seen on YT but no big deal i guess. so just be clear now that i have autorcm installed if i shut it off i need the dongle to boot into cfw again and if i dont put in the dongle its stays in black screen rcm to prevent fuse burn?

17. RitchieRitchie

Nov 15, 2013
    Quick question. I have a switch with emunand. If for some reason I forget and turn it on normally without entering rcm/cfw would all my games be wiped from the sd card? This happened before I created an emunand. Appreciate any advice!

18. jackirate

jackirate Member

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2016
    Other day another issue i cant seem to figure out lol.

So my sd is formatted to fat32, i am using emunand.

I quickly learnt that i was unable to drop any nsp files over 4gb on the sd card so have been looking at using some USB installer. (I dont want to connect the switch to the net)

I have tried tinfoil and goldleaf/tree and briefly looked at SX installer but havent been successful.

Tinfoil crashed when i try to launch the .nro from within sxos

Gold leaf ive had a little bit more success, i have managed to install gold leaf which does communicate with gold tree (I have installed the correct driver) but anytime i try to send anything over 4GB it hangs up in "starting installation.." on the switch and "gold leaf is ready for installation prepping everything.." showing on goldtree.

Any clue why a, tinfoil crashes SXOS and b, has gold leaf crashed or is it just super slow at starting the installation?

Also ive no idea how to set up SX installer correctly to see my files, there isnt much information about it.

Any ideas?

19. aFrenchGeek

aFrenchGeek Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2018
    France
    Hey ! Thanks for your answer !

Is it safe to create an emunand based on a nand that has already been hacked ?
    Don't you think that Nintendo will spot my CFW and ban me if i use my console in OFW to play Fortnite for instance while i use Emunand for playing cracked games with a dirty Nand ?

Hope i made myself clear with that example :P

20. RitchieRitchie

Nov 15, 2013
    Sorry, can't help you with that i'm afraid... I suppose you can't go online with emunand anyway (I don't think?) so it doesn't matter if it's a copy of a nand that has been been banned? Maybe someone else can give some definite advice?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted