Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get error processing files when I dump with WAINDUMPER v2.0.0 and install with n1dus. Halp plz?

Dumping my Mario Kart 8 cart
Have you had any problems installing other .XCI files? Where did you obtain your keys from? And did you check if your SD card is fake or not? If you haven't, use a program like h2testw or FakeFlashTest. Even if the reseller is trustworthy, fakes can be found everywhere and can save you a lot of headache down the road if you find out its fake now rather than later.

TPMJB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you had any problems installing other .XCI files? Where did you obtain your keys from? And did you check if your SD card is fake or not? If you haven't, use a program like h2testw or FakeFlashTest. Even if the reseller is trustworthy, fakes can be found everywhere and can save you a lot of headache down the road if you find out its fake now rather than later.
I literally just picked up switch hacking two days ago. My Switch hasn't been turned on since last year around February, so firmware 4.0. No idea if other XCIs have a problem.

I used biskeydump and Lockpick to obtain my keys using the guide.

And the SD card is legit. Came directly from the manufacturer through Amazon. Samsung.

Edit: Yeah after it goes through and tries to patch the XCI, it says "Error Processing Files!"

Last edited by TPMJB,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I literally just picked up switch hacking two days ago. My Switch hasn't been turned on since last year around February, so firmware 4.0. No idea if other XCIs have a problem.

I used biskeydump and Lockpick to obtain my keys using the guide.

And the SD card is legit. Came directly from the manufacturer through Amazon. Samsung.

Edit: Yeah after it goes through and tries to patch the XCI, it says "Error Processing Files!"
I would still check if the SD card is fake because that is one less issue we can rule out. Other things you can try is converting the .XCI to a .NSP with 4NXCI or XCI2NSP (or even with dOPUS/n1dus).
I made a NAND backup for my switch when it was on 4.1 then i updated the firmware to 6.2 through ChoiDujour. Do i do another NAND backup?
Not necessarily since ideally you haven't burned fuses but there's no harm in making another copy.

Reactions: darkpleco416

nutsack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any danger in connecting joycons from a clean system onto a hacked one? My brother is going to drop by my place tomorrow and I told him to bring his joycons so we can play 2-player backups on my system, but I don't want to get him banned on his own system.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any danger in connecting joycons from a clean system onto a hacked one? My brother is going to drop by my place tomorrow and I told him to bring his joycons so we can play 2-player backups on my system, but I don't want to get him banned on his own system.
Contrary to popular belief, Joy-Cons do not have a mind of their own or artificial intelligence. They're just controllers with a lot of features.

Reactions: Akumara and nutsack

Bearinmind

Trophies
XP
Country
Zambia
My friend has a question:

FACTS:
He got Nintendo Switch when they were first released with firmware 1.0.0.
He played all kind of games until SX OS was released few months ago.
Since then he is playing game backups.
He has valueable game saves from more than 10 games.
He is now on fw 6.0
He burnt all the fuses with the fw 6.0

QUESTION:
He has never made NAND backup. If everything is working, is it necesary to do a NAND backup? If yes, what is the procedure of making NAND backup in this scenario?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Bearinmind,

Akumara

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey

I am on 5.1 with SX OX pro.
I dont want to upgrade firmware if i don't have to, but everytime i install a update .nsp for a .xci game I have, it says i need to update to newer firmware. I know i can use tinfoil to remove this restriction but am having trouble finding a noob guide to how to do this on the sx cfw.

The files i downloaded from github are not .nsp, xci, or even 1 file that i can upload to my SD.
I hear there is a tinfoil title manager.nsp which i can use? Can someone point me to the files/tutorial on what to do?

Thanks in advanced!

nswuser007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just an FYI to anyone they are selling exploitable switches on shelves still at targets just look around!

I just backed up my NAND on 6.1 as I never had time/space watched a video on how before and now i did so I have the knowledge to do this when i open the new one i bought that will be on 4.x

question is should i backup the NAND at 4.x and then also at 6.1 when I use chojourwhatever to update offline? thanks :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

my next goal or HUGE want is to figure out how to get into a server to play with other people OFF nintendos servers some type of lan play - that would be awesome.

KnudgeMaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not to sound dumb but there is a youtube video with how to install fusee and homebrew also atmosphere on 6.2 it looks legit, can i link it here so you can let me know. i've watched previous vids by this person and never had a problem.... bottom line is i just got another switch and am curious if he is for real. and also quick note i posted a piece of my number if anyone can clarify if its a patched system or not that would be great to.... thanks :). here is the link to that video

Last edited by KnudgeMaster,

drvipej

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obvious noob question :(
Converting xci to nsp, you need your own key file.
So, how do others convert to nsp compatible for everyone?

kkcheong

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Backup is important. Use Hekate. But I heard sxos also got backup option

My friend has a question:

FACTS:
He got Nintendo Switch when they were first released with firmware 1.0.0.
He played all kind of games until SX OS was released few months ago.
Since then he is playing game backups.
He has valueable game saves from more than 10 games.
He is now on fw 6.0
He burnt all the fuses with the fw 6.0

QUESTION:
He has never made NAND backup. If everything is working, is it necesary to do a NAND backup? If yes, what is the procedure of making NAND backup in this scenario?

Thanks in advance!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey

I am on 5.1 with SX OX pro.
I dont want to upgrade firmware if i don't have to, but everytime i install a update .nsp for a .xci game I have, it says i need to update to newer firmware. I know i can use tinfoil to remove this restriction but am having trouble finding a noob guide to how to do this on the sx cfw.

The files i downloaded from github are not .nsp, xci, or even 1 file that i can upload to my SD.
I hear there is a tinfoil title manager.nsp which i can use? Can someone point me to the files/tutorial on what to do?

Thanks in advanced!
Tinfoil does not have a stable release yet so everyone pulled releases from a bot that always built the latest commits. However these weren't always reliable because the latest commits weren't always stable. Instead people had to find builds that were already stable. Some of them can be found in the ReiNX guide, at sdsetup, or with Kosmos.
I just backed up my NAND on 6.1 as I never had time/space watched a video on how before and now i did so I have the knowledge to do this when i open the new one i bought that will be on 4.x

question is should i backup the NAND at 4.x and then also at 6.1 when I use chojourwhatever to update offline? thanks :)

my next goal or HUGE want is to figure out how to get into a server to play with other people OFF nintendos servers some type of lan play - that would be awesome.
The first thing anybody should do with a console they are hacking is backing up the NAND because if the console gets a bricked, you wasted all that money on a paperweight. After that, updating without burning fuses is a good next step. As for Switch Lan Play, they have a Discord Server where you can find not only people but further instructions.
not to sound dumb but there is a youtube video with how to install fusee and homebrew also atmosphere on 6.2 it looks legit, can i link it here so you can let me know. i've watched previous vids by this person and never had a problem.... bottom line is i just got another switch and am curious if he is for real. and also quick note i posted a piece of my number if anyone can clarify if its a patched system or not that would be great to.... thanks :). here is the link to that video

https://guide.sdsetup.com/#/ is a much better guide to follow as, unlike YouTube videos, can be updated regularly and is made by people who are actually developers unlike YouTubers who most of the time do it for views and likes.
Obvious noob question :(
Converting xci to nsp, you need your own key file.
So, how do others convert to nsp compatible for everyone?
You don't need your own keys file. The keys needed for conversion are all public keys.
Its just that the keys are copyrighted so they cannot be normally distributed. Instead, developers have made tools that allow users to dump the keys themselves however the keys dumped are not console-specific. An example of such a tool is lockpick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Touché.