SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. OggieBoogie

OggieBoogie Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2018
    Israel
    Im Im running sx os and can't send the payload using my Android.
    Im phone support OTG(xiaomo a2 lite).
    I tried sx tools, nx loader, rcm loader.
    No success at all.
    I checked my cable and it works fine.
    What to fo?

2. asdatoan

asdatoan Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2018
    Australia
    Hey guys - completely new to this switch modding business so I just wanted to confirm a particular thing before I get started:

I currently own 2 switches and smart me have used a legit (purchased games) account on both of them at some point in time.
    My question is if I unlink one of them and link another dummy account and begin modding on it would the original account be banned as it was previously linked to the switch?

3. cyndor

cyndor GBAtemp Regular

Jul 9, 2018
    United States
    consoles get banned, not accounts.

4. asdatoan

asdatoan Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2018
    Australia
    Thanks for fast reply Cyndor - So i presume once the console gets banned you can't un/link an account tied to the console and hence can't access the stuff you purchased for (from eshop)

5. cyndor

cyndor GBAtemp Regular

Jul 9, 2018
    United States
    I believe so. The only way to get it unlinked would be to call nintendo.

6. MikeTheKnight2016

MikeTheKnight2016 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 26, 2016
    United States
    Question about FTP -> I am using SX OS and used Checkpoint to back-up a save, but when I tried to use Filezilla and navigated to the checkpoint directory it was empty, even tho I had just made a backup?

7. MikeTheKnight2016

Jul 26, 2016
    United States
    I do have another ?

When TX releases the updated version of SX OS would we still need to use choidujuor to upgrade the firmware to 6.2?

8. jucaa

jucaa Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2012
    United States
    Hi guys I'm new to switch scene.

I would only hack my switch to create competitive teams for Pokémon Let's Go using PkHex and battle/ trade online.

Is there a safe method to do this and not get banned?
    Or if i go online with a hacked switch i will get banned sooner or later?

9. MikeTheKnight2016

Jul 26, 2016
    United States
    Anytime you connect to the internet on your switch running CFW you run the risk of being banned.

10. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    First thing is to always make a NAND backup. If you don't want a $300 paperweight, you should do this right now period. You can make one either with SX OS or Hekate which is recommended because it has a verification feature. Either way, the Switch does not need to support exFAT when dumping the NAND because it is performed outside of Horizon (name of the Switch's operating system).

exFAT is objectively inferior to FAT32 now since we have numerous ways of bypassing the 4 GB limit of FAT32 and the fact that FAT32 will never corrupt the SD card unlike exFAT.

Fuses are what they say on the box; microscopic fuses embedded into your console. Their purpose is to prevent downgrades. They accomplish that by burning fuses on major system updates. And when you have more fuses burnt than the firmware, the console will refuse to turn on. All bootloaders/payloads that are used to run CFW bypass the fuse check but they do not bypass the fuse check during warmboot aka sleep mode so its still not a good idea to burn fuses whenever possible.
    Have you tried the Android application Rekado?
    For people who are CDN banned, there is no other way to update other than ChoiDujour/ChoiDujourNX. Yes, there is a difference and please be more specific when designating the Windows program ChoiDujour or the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX. One takes a half hour to update your firmware while the other takes under 5 minutes.

11. mckwz

mckwz Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2018
    United States
    Hello! :yay:

I'm getting the following prompt when trying to play an .XCI backup of the game Pianista. I don't have a Nintendo Account and i've never taken the Switch online. Running SX OS.

This only happened with this game. What does it mean? Can I fix it, without taking the Switch online? Thanks bros.

Attached Files:

12. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    It needs a linked Nintendo Account and there is currently no way to bypass nor anyone that I know or seen that is working on a way to bypass it.

This is why I don't understand why people were so insistent on unlinking their Nintendo Account. You lose out on access to certain apps by doing so. Heck accounts rarely, if ever, get banned.

13. MikeTheKnight2016

Jul 26, 2016
    United States
    Looks like this game requires you to have a Nintendo Account to play. Just create a Nintendo Account.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Have there been instances of accounts getting banned?

14. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    I can count the number of account bans on one hand although none of them have filed any ban reports so they will not show up on the spreadsheet (even though some people have answered "No" to being able to login with their Nintendo Account which I suspect is due to laziness rather than an account ban).

mckwz likes this.
  15. mckwz

mckwz Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2018
    United States
    Thank you so much!

Let's say I go online and it turns out my console is banned! Can I still create a Nintendo Account?

16. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Considering that people cannot unlink their accounts once their console does get banned, I'm gonna side on no. If you have a clean hack-free NAND backup, now is the time to restore it. If not, you can take a risk in manually cleaning your SysNAND by following the first step of this tutorial.

mckwz likes this.
  17. OggieBoogie

OggieBoogie Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2018
    Israel
    Yes i have. Nothing

18. nswuser007

nswuser007 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2018
    United States
    I have 2 brand new swtiches on 4.x

can someone tell me what I need to do using sx pro/dongle in order to upgrade this to 6.1?

thanks in advance. really appreciate the help - if you are kind enough you could message me the info thanks!

:)

19. Ranshiro

Ranshiro Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2018
    Japan
    It seems like a lot of people recently are unable to start their games without updating. Any idea what is causing this?

I'm currently on 4.1.0 and have yet to run any cfw on it. I'd like to set up emunand and update it to a higher firmware. But it has me worried that it would then mean I'm unable to play my real games on the emunand (want to use checkpoint) unless I find updates for the games.

20. nswuser007

nswuser007 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2018
    United States
    i cannot play mario party on the sotck 4.x without updating ..

so I want to do it offline to not burn fuses -Ive watched the hb tutorial needed just need the fw to load up, thanx