Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, going from a Virgin nand without exfat support, to an updated hacked one would require:

Fat32 microsd

Launch payload

Backup nand

Update with choudigiourno? Do I need an exfat formatted SD in to get the option to install exfat update with choudigiourno?

Reformat SD to exfat copy all files over again

Get on with life?
When you're updating with ChoiDujourNX and you want the exFAT patch but your console doesn't support exFAT, you have to use FAT32 because the console doesn't support exFAT hence it will be unable to load ChoiDujourNX if the SD card is formatted as such. You only format the SD card to exFAT if you want to get the exFAT patch officially.

Reactions: 877

Scipio_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a 4.1 switch that's never been connected online. My main goal is to have classic roms while being able to play legit games and have online access. I'm starting to realize that's never going to be possible save for continually backing up/restoring nand every time I want to go online but that seems like a pain and the process takes long.

My question is by updating to 6.0 what would I be giving up in terms of "hackability" on my switch? Will I still be able to mod it in the future if I wanted to? I've got the pre-mariko switch with the vulnerable bootrom.

Secondly, is it worthwhile to wait until Athmosphere's emunand is released to see if that's a viable solution? I've read that Nintendo can still detect an SD card emunand if they search it so it's not a solid measure to prevent being banned.

Lastly, anything else I'm not considering? There's no seamless way of upgrading fw, restoring, and backing up nand? I've read all the tutorials posted and they look time consuming to be doing every time you want to go online.

Last edited by Scipio_,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a 4.1 switch that's never been connected online. My main goal is to have classic roms while being able to play legit games and have online access. I'm starting to realize that's never going to be possible save for continually backing up/restoring nand every time I want to go online but that seems like a pain and the process takes long.

My question is by updating to 6.0 what would I be giving up in terms of "hackability" on my switch? Will I still be able to mod it in the future if I wanted to? I've got the pre-mariko switch with the vulnerable bootrom.

Secondly, is it worthwhile to wait until Athmosphere's emunand is released to see if that's a viable solution? I've read that Nintendo can still detect an SD card emunand if they search it so it's not a solid measure to prevent being banned.

Lastly, anything else I'm not considering? There's no seamless way of upgrading fw, restoring, and backing up nand? I've read all the tutorials posted and they look time consuming to be doing every time you want to go online.
not saying it's perfectly safe, but what I'm going to do is wait for emunand, and when emuNAND hits I'll keep a separate SD with emuNAND installed and always offline, and then sysNAND with my current SD. It seems imo like the absolute safest you can be in terms of preventing a ban.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to reset demos?
I downloaded UNO demo, you can only do 3 matches and that's it. I deleted my save afterwards, booted it back up and still couldn't do anything. Not going to pay $10 for a card game.
I just thought of something you can try. Delete the ticket using the Ticket Management feature of Tinfoil and re-install it, either with a real or fake ticket (CFW with "signature patches" install fake tickets).

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Switch with Safe Serial number but running latest firmware 6.0.0 is it still Fusée Gelée compatible ?
Fusée Gelée works with all firmwares on units that are not ipatch... so if you’re sure on the serial number, it will be fine

Last edited by Maupiti,

yikipb2t

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heya.

I have an untouched switch that I bought back at launch and after hearing of the new hardware revision I'm thinking of hacking it. Is this a good time to do so or should I wait for another exploit? I can downgrade if I need to after using ChoiDujour right?

Also, can I interchange docks and joy-cons with a non-hacked switch? They've got firmware updates too right?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heya.

I have an untouched switch that I bought back at launch and after hearing of the new hardware revision I'm thinking of hacking it. Is this a good time to do so or should I wait for another exploit? I can downgrade if I need to after using ChoiDujour right?

Also, can I interchange docks and joy-cons with a non-hacked switch? They've got firmware updates too right?
You can use the homebrew app, ChoiDujourNX, to update your firmware without burning fuses so you can downgrade in the future if and when another exploit is released on lower firmwares. Bear in mind it will install AutoRCM to prevent you from burning fuses in non-RCM OFW but AutoRCM is harmless and can do more good than harm.

Also Joy-Cons aren't tied to a console in the way that you think. The only issue with Joy-Cons and hacked consoles are when you bridge pins 9 & 10 together to enter RCM. Doing so causes the right Joy-Con to malfunction on higher firmwares.

Reactions: yikipb2t

Scipio_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use the homebrew app, ChoiDujourNX, to update your firmware without burning fuses so you can downgrade in the future if and when another exploit is released on lower firmwares. Bear in mind it will install AutoRCM to prevent you from burning fuses in non-RCM OFW but AutoRCM is harmless and can do more good than harm.

Also Joy-Cons aren't tied to a console in the way that you think. The only issue with Joy-Cons and hacked consoles are when you bridge pins 9 & 10 together to enter RCM. Doing so causes the right Joy-Con to malfunction on higher firmwares.

If you do upgrade now and want to install homebrew later would you be giving up any features by doing so?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you do upgrade now and want to install homebrew later would you be giving up any features by doing so?
If you update your firmware now, you will most likely burn fuses meaning you will be unable to downgrade in the hopes for a future exploit that works on lower firmware. However if you make a clean hack-free NAND backup then use homebrew to update your firmware without burning fuses, you are still in an advantageous position.

WiseFool

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Last edited by WiseFool,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Draxzelex I have completed Nand back-up.

To update fw to 5.0 with ex-fat sd card support i need to upgrade using ChoiDujourNX. I would need the firmware files from a Octopath Traveller. I have the xci downloaded but I am unable to get the required files.
You can use hactool to do so if you have the required keys and know how to use the tool (it runs via command line, I suggest reading through the usage if that's your choice) or access the xbins FTP server to acquire the firmware files that way (they are not directly hosted on the site, instead instructions are given on how to connect to their FTP client).

WiseFool

Trophies
XP
Country
India
You can use hactool to do so if you have the required keys and know how to use the tool (it runs via command line, I suggest reading through the usage if that's your choice) or access the xbins FTP server to acquire the firmware files that way (they are not directly hosted on the site, instead instructions are given on how to connect to their FTP client).

Sorry I neither have keys nor know how to use the tool. Can you guide me to connect to the xbins FTP server

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I neither have keys nor know how to use the tool. Can you guide me to connect to the xbins FTP server
The instructions are literally on the site. Otherwise you can try downloading and using autoxbins which will automatically connect you to their FTP server. Be warned as your antivirus will flag it as malware since it is an FTP client.

yikipb2t

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got to the point where I want to open the album to access the homebrew menu. As soon as I click into it I can see what I assume to be the right place but then the screen goes black and I can't seem to do anything other than power off. What went wrong?

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So I got to the point where I want to open the album to access the homebrew menu. As soon as I click into it I can see what I assume to be the right place but then the screen goes black and I can't seem to do anything other than power off. What went wrong?
Which CFW are
You using ?

Reactions: yikipb2t

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y