Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Veralyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I read the changelog of Atmosphere and I noticed the following:

• A feature was added to optionally mirror the bluetooth pairing database to the SD card (thanks @ndeadly).
    • This allows device pairings to be automatically kept in-sync across sysmmc/all emummcs.
    • This is opt-in, and can be controlled by setting atmosphere!enable_external_bluetooth_db = u8!0x1.
    • When enabled, the pairing database will be synchronized to /atmosphere/bluetooth_devices.db.
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.

I currently have to re pair my pro controller everytime I switch from Sysnand to Emunand.
Is it possible with this change that the switch will remind the currently controller on both firmwares?

If so, is there a guide on how to achieve this?

Thanks!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read the changelog of Atmosphere and I noticed the following:

• A feature was added to optionally mirror the bluetooth pairing database to the SD card (thanks @ndeadly).
    • This allows device pairings to be automatically kept in-sync across sysmmc/all emummcs.
    • This is opt-in, and can be controlled by setting atmosphere!enable_external_bluetooth_db = u8!0x1.
    • When enabled, the pairing database will be synchronized to /atmosphere/bluetooth_devices.db.
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.

I currently have to re pair my pro controller everytime I switch from Sysnand to Emunand.
Is it possible with this change that the switch will remind the currently controller on both firmwares?

If so, is there a guide on how to achieve this?

Thanks!

In the system setting.ini there is the following lines

; Controls whether the bluetooth pairing database is redirected to the SD card (shared across sysmmc/all emummcs)
; NOTE: On <13.0.0, the database size was 10 instead of 20; booting pre-13.0.0 will truncate the database.
; 0 = Disabled, 1 = Enabled
; enable_external_bluetooth_db = u8!0x0

so that should be changed to

; Controls whether the bluetooth pairing database is redirected to the SD card (shared across sysmmc/all emummcs)
; NOTE: On <13.0.0, the database size was 10 instead of 20; booting pre-13.0.0 will truncate the database.
; enable_external_bluetooth_db = u8!0x1

Reactions: Veralyn

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on ofw, there's new system update
i have cfw amotsphere, so to use newest firmware, i need to update amotsphere fw first by go to github and download file -> paste it into microSD card and then switch to ofw to update firmware right ? ty
Just so we're covering all our bases here, do you also have AutoRCM or emuMMC? If the answer is yes to AutoRCM, that may complicate matters as updating from OFW may remove AutoRCM. If the answer is no to emuMMC, you may get banned if you go online to update the firmware. Regardless, the process for updating CFW is as simple as going to the official Atmosphere GitHub page, downloading the latest release, deleting the old Atmosphere files and folders, then putting the new ones on the SD card.
Hey everyone. Thanks for the help earlier this month, I just got my Jig and spare MicroSD card and finally did a dump of all of my Switch's contents. It seems to have gone smoothly, but I just wanted to ask here if I did all of this right to make sure I didn't screw anything up.

I have an early model Switch that is Fusee vulnerable. It has never been hacked or modified before, and I didn't want to install CFW or emuNAND or perform any hacks, I just wanted to dump a backup of all of it's keys and NAND contents and then reboot it back to completely stock with no modifications or hacks, really don't want to risk getting banned and I am not looking to install CFW or anything on it or do any changes that persist after a reboot emuNAND or not, not even on the SDcard (I got one that will be dedicated to doing this, not using my normal Switch's SDcard).

I asked about this earlier in this thread and got a lot of help, especially from a user named Binkinator. These are Posts #38,869 through #38,896.

Anyway, this is what I did, was all of this correct?

Extracted the bootloader folder from the Hekate archive to the root of my MicroSD card
Put Lockpick_RCM.bin in bootloader\payloads folder (I am guessing I probably didn't need to do this since I just loaded that payload from my PC)
Install NS-USBloader 7.0 on my PC
Extract TegraRcmGUI as well
Plug the Jig into my right joycon port
Hold Vol+ and tap Power, get blank screen like instructions said I should
Plug Switch into PC

After that I opened NS-USBloader, but I didn't see anything indicating it detected my Switch. I realized I have no idea if the app has any indicator or confirmation for such a thing.

So I closed it and opened TegraRcmGUI since I noticed it did have an indicator when I was testing the app. It said it detected RCM but that I needed to install drivers, I did so and then it said RCM OK

Closed it and went back to NS-USBloader
Clicked the RCM tab and injected Lockpick_RCM.bin
It seemed to work fine, I dumped my keys and saved a screenshot when it gave me the option since why not
Still needed to do a NAND dump now through so I chose "reboot into Hekate"

I admit, this is the part where I think I might have messed up. I had never seen Hekate before (really my mistake, I should have looked up YouTube videos on what it looks like and how to use it, forgot to) and then panicked a little at this part as it looked like it was loading into CFW or something. It was asking for me to set the time but I held power to turn it off (I hope shutting it off like this when Hekate had just booted didn't screw anything up)

Did all the steps to boot back into RCM on my Switch again
Inject Hekate through NS-USBloader
See it's the same thing as the screen I panicked on
Accept the current time
Go to Tools
Go to Backup eMMC
Dump Boot0 and 1
Dump RAW GPP
Dump Boot0 and 1 again because I realize I did it in the wrong order the guide I was following said to, although I am guessing this didn't make a difference
Dump SYS
Dump User

I assume I only needed to do RAW and that contains everything and it was a waste of time to then dump boot, sys, and user after that, but I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything.

After the User dump was finished I clicked close, went to home, and chose "Shut Down"

So was all of that correct if my goal was to just dump a backup of all the contents and keys of my Switch without modifying or installing anything, or leaving any trace? I remember long ago once hearing that apparently when you boot into RCM mode it sets some kind of flag that you did, and that whatever homebrew payload you load needs to know to set the flag back, but I have no idea if this was misinformation from years ago or not since I haven't been able to find any information on it nowadays, or if it's not mentioned because that's standard for modern payloads to do nowadays (which worries me if forcing it off when Hekate booted the first time could have messed with that or damaged anything else)

Also did I need to have my Switch connected to my PC the entire time, or only for the moment I was injecting the payload and after that I could have unplugged it? Could I have also plugged it into AC power during all this to make sure the battery doesn't die during the process? (I am guessing it's probably not a good idea to plug it into the dock during any of that though)

So now that all of that is done, all I have to do is remove the Jig and just power on the Switch and it will be as if nothing ever happened and it will have no trace or modifications done to it right? Or is there some cleanup I have to do? My goal was to just dump my data without leaving a trace and minimize chances of being banned since all I wanted is a backup of my data.
For starters, I have no idea why you needed NS-USBLoader or how you even used it to send Hekate because its a tool designated to facilitate .NSP file loading. Since its literally impossible to use NS-USBLoader to push Hekate, I'm not even sure what you mixed it up with but as long as you didn't install any actual .NSP files, you should be fine.

Secondly, while the modern Hekate menu may look like a CFW menu, it is not in fact a CFW. There was a debate early on in the Switch scene whether it qualifies as a CFW or not but the technical term for Hekate is a bootloader. It is a program that launches before the Switch OS, Horizon, is running therefore its not modifying the current firmware or running its own firmware as other CFW tend to do. It employs a wide variety of tools to the user such as dumping the eMMC, toggling AutoRCM, adjusting the archive bit flag, and many other things. And it does all of this in RCM. Here's the thing about RCM; its not a hack. Its an intended feature of the Switch presumably used at the factory level. So even if it was true that booting into RCM set a flag, Nintendo would have to deal with flagging their own units entering RCM.

The connection between your Switch and PC in terms of payload injection is only for sending a payload via USB. Once the payload has been sent, the PC has done its job and disconnect. There can be other reasons you keep them connected however. You can transfer files via USB between your computer and Switch or you can install .NSP files via USB. The point is you didn't need to keep them connected once the payload was sent successfully.

As explained in the second paragraph, Hekate operates outside of Horizon and in RCM meaning there is nothing to detect. As far as the Switch is concerned, it has no idea what happened to it while Hekate was running. Dumping files does not involve installing anything to the console. You could even leave the jig in there if you wanted to but then you wouldn't be able to attach your right Joy-Con. The only possible installation you could have performed in Hekate is AutoRCM however you don't even need it for your purposes.

AngryCinnabon

Resident Iron Valiant
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
So my switch battery percent is severely desynced from hekate and HOS, my switch dies around the HOS 20% (While it shows 30% in hekate) mark and my hwfly won't boot hekate until i charge it after that. should I look into a battery replacement or is there something else at play here?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my switch battery percent is severely desynced from hekate and HOS, my switch dies around the HOS 20% (While it shows 30% in hekate) mark and my hwfly won't boot hekate until i charge it after that. should I look into a battery replacement or is there something else at play here?

What is your battery capacity full mAh?

ndeadly

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
In the system setting.ini there is the following lines

; enable_external_bluetooth_db = u8!0x0

so that should be changed to

; enable_external_bluetooth_db = u8!0x1
You also need to uncomment the line by removing the leading semicolon. It should look like this

enable_external_bluetooth_db = u8!0x1

@Veralyn It also should be noted that this will only work with sysCFW. If you're booting OFW (i.e. stock firmware from nand without Atmosphere) the modifications that perform the synchronisation will not run.

AngryCinnabon

Resident Iron Valiant
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
What is your battery capacity full mAh?
This is what it shows in Hekate.
PXL_20230327_154201175.jpg

AngryCinnabon

Resident Iron Valiant
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
You can try to power cycle it see if the capacity full goes down.
Quick question, since the battery is desynced, (status monitor and hekate say it's at 93.7%) and HOS says it's at 95%, would removing the battery and holding power down fix that? I read somewhere that it can fix battery desync...

Keremq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Planning to get my V2 modchipped by a local technician (the guy does this all the time, probably the safest person to get the console chipped) in 3 weeks. I’ve got myself a 64 gig sd card and I am gonna order a 512 gig one off of amazon, I don’t really wanna give him the 512 gig one cuz IDK he might replace it with a fake one (dunno how to legitcheck an sd card lol). How do you exactly swap sd cards in a modded v2?
Edit: He is gonna use a HWFLY chip.

sudloa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
My banned switch currently on fw 16.0.0 with atmosphere 1.5.1 on sysnand, no emunand at all.

I'm planning to upgrade from 128GB to 512GB card.

But since I running cfw on sysnand, so it means i don't have to do any partition related stuff to change my sd card? It's just simply copy old sd to new one and that's it?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My banned switch currently on fw 16.0.0 with atmosphere 1.5.1 on sysnand, no emunand at all.

I'm planning to upgrade from 128GB to 512GB card.

But since I running cfw on sysnand, so it means i don't have to do any partition related stuff to change my sd card? It's just simply copy old sd to new one and that's it?

Yes

Reactions: sudloa

Veralyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Since the modifications won't work on OFW (stock) is there a way to transport the known Bluetooth connections from my pro controller to the CFW? Or do I need to keep reconnecting manually in this case?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Spot the difference, Deal or no deal, can't remember the others lol