Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@binkinator readed somewhere on gbatemp that you will open gamestore for switch.
please enlight us!
LOL. That's just for my own internal configuration of homebrew configs and such. I needed a way to "destroy" my Switch and recover quickly to a known working but fully customized state. Certainly not looking to get into the 'shop business. No time for that!
Post automatically merged:

Followed everything to the T. Other than the Hekate initial setup of date and time. It is still a black screen.
No, I am doing this on Windows.

Very interesting. That is a completely new deployment w/ no tricks. How did you format your sdcard? exfat or fat32?

Reactions: Hayato213

fadafwet

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes there is risk but you can lessen it greatly by masking your Prodinfo (serial number) using exosphere.ini and blocking access to Ninty servers by configuring dns:mitm. Both come with Atmosphere. Here is a link on how to set it up.

https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM

Once that is complete, you can test everything is blocked with 90DNS tester.

• 90DNSTester -- DNS tester to make sure Ninty can't find you while playing hide-n-seek!

At that point you can install sys-Ftpd-lite. It’s the one I use because it runs as a Sysmodule at boot up so you don’t have to turn it on/off.

thank you again for your information with your help I was able to block nintendo dns, check it and run a ftp server on it sucessfully

I'm still not sure if I want to leave the wifi on after leaving it on plane mode for such a long time

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you again for your information with your help I was able to block nintendo dns, check it and run a ftp server on it sucessfully

I'm still not sure if I want to leave the wifi on after leaving it on plane mode for such a long time

As long you block communication correctly you can leave it on wifi.

Reactions: binkinator

Uruga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Been trying to google but i can´t get an answer, is the monster hunter switch edition hackable without a modchip yet or is hardmod the only way to go?

ricky88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Very interesting. That is a completely new deployment w/ no tricks. How did you format your sdcard? exfat or fat32?
Tried setting up on a spare SD Card in exfat format. Same results.

Apparently my issue is a mismatched fuse? I've 2 different HOS : 13.2.1 - 14.1.2
I cannot seem to boot into sysNand though it leads to a green screen when I select reboot to OFW from Hekate.
Any suggestions on how to update my fw without accessing sysNand? I'm apparently on Mariko if that helps in any way.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I’ve been using this exact setup for years now without issues. Does that mean Ninty will never be able to create a workaround? It absolutely does not. You are correct in that turning WiFi off is the only 100% way but this way works pretty well…so far.

Reactions: fadafwet

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried setting up on a spare SD Card in exfat format. Same results.

Apparently my issue is a mismatched fuse? I've 2 different HOS : 13.2.1 - 14.1.2
I cannot seem to boot into sysNand though it leads to a green screen when I select reboot to OFW from Hekate.
Any suggestions on how to update my fw without accessing sysNand? I'm apparently on Mariko if that helps in any way.
That’s wild. How do you have two HOS? Are you counting both your Sysnand and your Emunand?

Custom bootloaders bypass the fuse checking/burning algorithms so fuses shouldn’t be an issue. Please take a screenshot of your fuse-count screen in Hekate.

ricky88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
That’s wild. How do you have two HOS? Are you counting both your Sysnand and your Emunand?

Custom bootloaders bypass the fuse checking/burning algorithms so fuses shouldn’t be an issue. Please take a screenshot of your fuse-count screen in Hekate.
HW Fuses screenshot - Cropped.jpg

*Cropped for easier referencing

Last edited by ricky88,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohhhh…those fuses are good for versions 13.2.1 through 14.1.2. You could technically restore you Switch to any of those versions and boot to Stock without any issues. Since you are using Hekate the fuses are ignored so this is not the issue.

TheJinKazama

Trophies
XP
Country
My Switch is telling me there’s a system update available. I use stock to play cartridge games online and offline and CFW Atmosphere to play backups from my SD card offline (there is no Wi-Fi date stored on my emuMMC).

Should I install the update? If so, do I have to install it on stock, CFW or both?

Thanks

Edit: my system was up to date before this message appeared.

Last edited by TheJinKazama,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.coca-cola.com/xe/en/media-center/wozzaah-launch