Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Shoruk3n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say it has the highest success rate at preventing a ban moreso than anything else outside of EmuNAND. At the very least, chances are so low, it can be considered 0%.

So provided I don't get my console cert banned, I can play nsp and xci backups offline, then do a restore, and be fairly confident that I can play online?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So provided I don't get my console cert banned, I can play nsp and xci backups offline, then do a restore, and be fairly confident that I can play online?
Yes, also make a backup of your NAND before you restore the non-hacked one otherwise you will have to reinstall all those updates, games, and DLC.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
just wondering, have people try restoring their nand? is it a success?
was experiencing multiple crashes running homebrews and I think wouldn't it better if I just restore from backup to make sure no error log created

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just wondering, have people try restoring their nand? is it a success?
was experiencing multiple crashes running homebrews and I think wouldn't it better if I just restore from backup to make sure no error log created
I've seen people restore their NAND and the console comes out fine as long as they used a backup made with Hekate's V3.1+ mod. If you're really paranoid, you can restore the NAND using step 8 from this tutorial and let Etcher double check the files you are flashing are appropriate.
Auto RCM or not
What are the Pros and Cons
Pros: You don't need a jig.
Cons: Console must be charged while it is on, either actively or in sleep mode. Also, console must be turned off properly through manual shutdown or selecting Power Off from Hekate. Lastly, console takes longer to recover from a fully depleted battery due to AutoRCM reducing the charge rate of the Switch in RCM which it automatically enters when it tries to charge when the console is already off.

Also using 24/7 sleep mode negates the need for a jig or AutoRCM without most of the nasty side effects of AutoRCM.

saito1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question, if I try out the technique to enter RCM mode with a paperclip / foil, etc, and after that I never turn off my Switch (I just use sleep mode), in theory I won't have to use the paperclip any more, as I will stay into RCM?

Well I expect until the Switch freezes, or something.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question, if I try out the technique to enter RCM mode with a paperclip / foil, etc, and after that I never turn off my Switch (I just use sleep mode), in theory I won't have to use the paperclip any more, as I will stay into RCM?

Well I expect until the Switch freezes, or something.
The console drains battery in RCM, more so than when it is off so be cautious of that. The good news it that the Switch will charge in RCM normally without AutoRCM.

saito1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The console drains battery in RCM, more so than when it is off so be cautious of that. The good news it that the Switch will charge in RCM normally without AutoRCM.

I see, so basically you have to have the Switch on the charger all of the time that way?
How much battery does RCM mode drain? For example what is the max time the Switch can be in sleep mode without the charger?

Won't this kill the battery in the long run?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, so basically you have to have the Switch on the charger all of the time that way?
How much battery does RCM mode drain? For example what is the max time the Switch can be in sleep mode without the charger?

Won't this kill the battery in the long run?
I'm not really sure of that rate, to be honest. It must be somewhat fast as some people notice their console dying the next day when using AutoRCM if their console is not turned off properly (meaning it was draining battery in RCM the whole time). Also, sleep mode drains less battery than RCM so I would keep it in sleep mode the whole time instead.

And what will kill the battery is letting it go or close to empty as opposed to regularly charging it, whether its on or off. Remember that sleep mode is designed for this purpose.

saito1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really sure of that rate, to be honest. It must be somewhat fast as some people notice their console dying the next day when using AutoRCM if their console is not turned off properly (meaning it was draining battery in RCM the whole time). Also, sleep mode drains less battery than RCM so I would keep it in sleep mode the whole time instead.

And what will kill the battery is letting it go or close to empty as opposed to regularly charging it, whether its on or off. Remember that sleep mode is designed for this purpose.

I mean normal RCM, and not autoRCM.
If I don't turn off the console, probably there is no need to use autoRCM either ways, only if the Switch freezes for some reason, however that shouldn't happen too often (I expect).

By the way, if I follow this guide closely -> https://thewikihow.com/video_3-UeB_enPrM
How safe is that? It looks simple, just use the 1mm tinfoil on joycon pin 9-10, bend it in half, use a tape so it stays in place.

However I heard some people had trouble with this, as the tinfoil tered off and stayed in the Switch, etc. Basically, if I would like to use it only once can I expect some problems even from that? Should I get a jig instead?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean normal RCM, and not autoRCM.
If I don't turn off the console, probably there is no need to use autoRCM either ways, only if the Switch freezes for some reason, however that shouldn't happen too often (I expect).

By the way, if I follow this guide closely -> https://thewikihow.com/video_3-UeB_enPrM
How safe is that? It looks simple, just use the 1mm tinfoil on joycon pin 9-10, bend it in half, use a tape so it stays in place.

However I heard some people had trouble with this, as the tinfoil tered off and stayed in the Switch, etc. Basically, if I would like to use it only once can I expect some problems even from that? Should I get a jig instead?
It makes you use tinfoil which I only recommend as a last resort if you cannot get anything else to boot into RCM. It does recommend you to tape it but there's always the chance that something could go wrong.
Question should you use VPN when using CDNSP, do you think Nintendo is logging IP addresses?
There's no harm in using a VPN but they can ban users without logging the IP address. Also, VPNs kinda refute the the need to log IP addresses in the first place.

Last edited by Draxzelex,

saito1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It makes you use tinfoil which I only recommend as a last resort if you cannot get anything else to boot into RCM. It does recommend you to tape it but there's always the chance that something could go wrong.

Well it seems the easiest method.
Is it too risky?

The problem is that most jigs are coming from China, and it is hard to find one within Europe.
I found this, however with shipping it costs about 4 times more than a chinese alternative:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-S...switch+rcm&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313

And I am not sure, if it is worth the price, especially if I would use it only once to enter the RCM mode (or if the Switch freezes, which shouldn't happen too often).

BTW does TX does drain the battery too? I expect there is not much difference compared to any other method which we can use.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it seems the easiest method.
Is it too risky?

The problem is that most jigs are coming from China, and it is hard to find one within Europe.
I found this, however with shipping it costs about 4 times more than a chinese alternative:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Switch-RCM-Jig-Keyring-joycon-mod-for-recovery-mode-Hack-Load-Linux/273192667748?hash=item3f9b8d4a64:g:coYAAOSwx95bANFv&_sacat=0&_nkw=switch+rcm&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313

And I am not sure, if it is worth the price, especially if I would use it only once to enter the RCM mode (or if the Switch freezes, which shouldn't happen too often).

BTW does TX does drain the battery too? I expect there is not much difference compared to any other method which we can use.
It is one of the easiest methods but in the wrong hands, it can lead to unnecessary damage. I can't tell if you are experienced enough to use it so use your best judgement. I'm just saying there are inherent risks with this that are not apparent in other hardmods. I would also like to note that all jigs are created equal so a jig is not 100% guaranteed to work (unless its an SX Pro jig).

SX OS does not properly turn off the console when AutoRCM is installed. Read this thread for the full details. I should also mention Hekate does not suffer from the issues in that thread since its Power Off option works as intended.

saito1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is one of the easiest methods but in the wrong hands, it can lead to unnecessary damage. I can't tell if you are experienced enough to use it so use your best judgement. I'm just saying there are inherent risks with this that are not apparent in other hardmods. I would also like to note that all jigs are created equal so a jig is not 100% guaranteed to work (unless its an SX Pro jig).

SX OS does not properly turn off the console when AutoRCM is installed. Read this thread for the full details. I should also mention Hekate does not suffer from the issues in that thread since its Power Off option works as intended.

Hmm I see.
So it is possible that I buy a jig, and it won't work at all? That does not sound too promising.
I don't want to waste my money to get an SX PRO, when basically you can almost do all of the same with a cfw already, and what does not work yet compared to SX OS, probably will soon.

D

Deleted User

Not exactly a hacking related question. Can offensive names get you banned online? My Switch console nickname and username is hairypussy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9pwfLTaW8J8?si=FaKUzB-OBP92LnUD