Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Rashed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Use Exosphere.

thanks. found an working version of incognito rcm and got the backups. havent initialised incognito yet. waiting to find out how to install tinfoil on emummc.

tinfoil installation videos shows to copy tinfoil installer to the sd card and boot into custom firmware and install it. but as i will use emummc how that will work?

do i need to copy the tinfoil to emummc or booting into emummc will have access to the tinfoil folder in sdcard and can install from it?

Rashed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You will of course still have access to data on the SDCard when booting to emunand.

I have copied the Tinfoil folder in my sdcard and booted in emummc but going into Album I don’t see the Tinfoil. I can see other apps there though.

do I need to recreate the emummc so that everything from sdcard moves there?

wiistat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
by memory you mean micro-sd card right? You can redo the process if you want.(or use that guide for changing sd cards)

Your backup could be ok but it depends how you upgrade. If you burn your fuses by upgrading normally then you wouldn't be able to downgrade to it. It might be ok for the emummc though, not sure since I'm still a noob too xD.
Safer bet is probably to make a new backup with the new version.

Hi and thanks for your reply.

Just to be sure you mean if I remove the sd card and put new blank sd card inside the switch despite being hacked, the switch will be now as no jailbreak? and if so i can just go online and update through nintendo server to the official latest firmware safe? Then I can re-jailbreak using the new bigger sd card?

Sorry for all the noob questions please.
Thanks

Rashed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
made some progress.

managed to load tinfoil. Looks like tinfoil only works when booting with fusee payload. doesnt work with hekate.

managed to install incognito emummc as well. btw, after booting emummc after setting up incognito i see my switch got serial XAW000000000. Does this mean incognito is working?

Asking as some videos say that after setting up incognito serial should show blank.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
made some progress.

managed to load tinfoil. Looks like tinfoil only works when booting with fusee payload. doesnt work with hekate.

managed to install incognito emummc as well. btw, after booting emummc after setting up incognito i see my switch got serial XAW000000000. Does this mean incognito is working?

Asking as some videos say that after setting up incognito serial should show blank.

It is working, blank is referred as XAW00000000000

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just to be sure you mean if I remove the sd card and put new blank sd card inside the switch despite being hacked, the switch will be now as no jailbreak? and if so i can just go online and update through nintendo server to the official latest firmware safe? Then I can re-jailbreak using the new bigger sd card?

Thanks

No you would need a clean NAND if you want to go back online, if you ran pirated games (backup) on your Sysnand the NAND is considered dirty, only way to prevent a ban is to use a clean NAND that match what you were previously online

MrSlic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a blue screened panic code switch. It’s the dark blue panic code which means it has a kernel error of some sort if I read the wiki right. This happened when I was trying to restore boot0 and boot1 using atmosphere/hekate. Is there any way I can restore my switch?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a blue screened panic code switch. It’s the dark blue panic code which means it has a kernel error of some sort if I read the wiki right. This happened when I was trying to restore boot0 and boot1 using atmosphere/hekate. Is there any way I can restore my switch?

If you only restore boot0/boot1 without the rawnand there is your problem.

MrSlic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you only restore boot0/boot1 without the rawnand there is your problem.
Yeah probably did that, managed to boot back into hekate, I have the weirdest luck with tegrarcm actually picking up my switch. How do I restore with the rawnand?

Yeah probably did that, managed to boot back into hekate, I have the weirdest luck with tegrarcm actually picking up my switch. How do I restore with the rawnand?
Figured it out with a quick search didn't have as much luck before with finding guides, didn't hit raw gpp the first time i tried to restore which was were I messed up. Since it said it was paired with RAW GPP I thought it did both at once.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Veralyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It doesn't answer your question, but Tinfoil shop download speeds decrease with 90DNS. Incognito is recommended instead if you want maximum download speeds.

I find 2 different incognito's, can you tell me which one i should use please?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Don't know if you can run them though on higher firmware, both haven't been updated for a while, you might have to use exosphere.ini that can be found in Atmosphere/config_template, the exosphere.ini goes in Atmosphere/config.

https://github.com/blawar/incognito/releases/tag/1.5
https://github.com/jimzrt/Incognito_RCM/releases/tag/v0.6.1

thanks. that sounds good. at least i am safe.

not sure if its against policy of asking, how do you guys download hacked games? do we need to download nsp files? any places i can go find them?

Can't asks that here.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are three choices, and it doesn't matter which one you pick as long as it's compatible with your system version when you install it.
  1. Atmosphere's built-in Incognito function. It needs to be enabled manually. Pro: It doesn't modify your sysMMC or emuMMC. Con: It requires Atmosphere to be running to work. In other words, if you accidentally boot a dirty sysMMC or dirty emuMMC as stock, or you boot them without the Incognito function toggled, there will be no Incognito, and you will get banned if the eMMC you booted is dirty and connected to the internet.
  2. Incognito. Just run the installer from the homebrew launcher. You can also find this installer bundled with blawar's Tinfoil. Pro: once you install it, it's permanently installed (unless you manually restore your prodinfo from a backup). There's no risk of accidentally booting without it. Con: It makes a permanent change to the eMMC you install it to if you lose your prodinfo backup.
  3. Incognito RCM. This is pretty much the same as #2, but you launch the installer from an RCM payload.
I personally recommend #2 or #3. It should only be installed to whichever eMMC is dirty (which is usually the emuMMC). I personally don't play online at all, so I have it installed to my sysMMC, and I don't have an emuMMC.

Understood, thanks for all the help. Yea, I watched a video of how to do the mod for mariko units and between the difficulty of that and the difficulty in tracking down chips, i agree that my best option would be to just find an unpatched older unit and sw mod it. I read using a paperclip is a really bad idea but I'll burn that bridge when I come to it, lol. That chip mod looks pretty fun though, so I might look into getting a newer unit in addition to an older one down the road to try it out.

Any tips for where to look/what to look out for in looking for a v1 unit to mod?
If you're only using the paperclip method once to enter RCM and install AutoRCM, this "jig" is relatively safe. It's what I use on every Switch I hack, and after I make an eMMC backup, installing AutoRCM is the second thing I do. AutoRCM makes it so the Switch coldboots into RCM automatically, so a jig is no longer needed.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/paperclip-rcm-jig.502087/

not sure if its against policy of asking, how do you guys download hacked games? do we need to download nsp files? any places i can go find them?
You can't ask for specific locations, but the general question of "how" can be asked. There are two main ways most people download NSP files for games, updates, and DLC:
  1. Find a website that hosts NSP files and download them there on your computer. After you're done, use something like TinWoo to install the NSP file on your Switch. You should install the NSP file from your computer to the Switch over a USB or FTP connection. You should use TinWoo on the Switch and ns-usbloader on your computer.
  2. Use a Tinfoil shop. If you have blawar's Tinfoil, you can add source links to make it function as an eShop alternative that automatically downloads and installs NSP files, all from the Nintendo Switch. You can find blawar's Tinfoil at tinfoil.io, and you can find shop repositories on Reddit and Discord.

Reactions: Veralyn

Rashed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You can't ask for specific locations, but the general question of "how" can be asked. There are two main ways most people download NSP files for games, updates, and DLC:
  1. Find a website that hosts NSP files and download them there on your computer. After you're done, use something like TinWoo to install the NSP file on your Switch. You should install the NSP file from your computer to the Switch over a USB or FTP connection. You should use TinWoo on the Switch and ns-usbloader on your computer.
  2. Use a Tinfoil shop. If you have blawar's Tinfoil, you can add source links to make it function as an eShop alternative that automatically downloads and installs NSP files, all from the Nintendo Switch. You can find blawar's Tinfoil at tinfoil.io, and you can find shop repositories on Reddit and Discord.

thanks heaps.

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Thanks

You don't need to remove the sd card or put in a new blank one, you can launch the original firmwhare (that isn't hacked) from the hekate menu (going through rcm). But yes the 'jailbreak' is with the sd card you did the process with.

If you followed the usual guide, then the 'jailbreak' should be with what's called the emummc (or emunand), and when you use that, you either shouldn't go online at all, or use something that blocks connection with nintendo (like incognito or something else).
You can go online with the original firmware if you haven't loaded anything custom or homebrew (in other words it has to be like a normal switch for that side). If you connect with nintendo through the internet having anything modded loaded then you risk being banned from nintendo services with that switch.

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked this before but didn't get a reply, I am trying to figure out which save manager to use. I downloaded Checkpoint and JKSV with the latest Homebrew SD Card Setup but all Checkpoint does is crash and after running JKSV it places a JKSV.nro file in my switch folder that causes a crash when I click on it. So I end up with two JKSV apps, one that works and one that crashes.

In the past I think I used Checkpoint to back up my saves and now I can't seem to restore those backups. Any advise would be great, thanks.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked this before but didn't get a reply, I am trying to figure out which save manager to use. I downloaded Checkpoint and JKSV with the latest Homebrew SD Card Setup but all Checkpoint does is crash and after running JKSV it places a JKSV.nro file in my switch folder that causes a crash when I click on it. So I end up with two JKSV apps, one that works and one that crashes.

In the past I think I used Checkpoint to back up my saves and now I can't seem to restore those backups. Any advise would be great, thanks.

https://github.com/SciresM/Checkpoint/releases/tag/ams-19-compat

You can try this from SciresM, there haven't been any update from FlagBrew for 12.0.0 and above.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof