Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

mike4001

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You probably read this often this time around ... :-)

I am uing SXOS with emuNAND (file-based) and would like to switch this file-based emuNAND over to Atmophere, keeping my SysNAND as is.

My SysNAND is still on 6.0.0
My EmuNAND (file based) is on 11.0.0

Is there a tutorial for this?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Theone5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This has nothing to do with whose definition of what constitutes as an "official Nintendo source". Sites like DarkUmbra are taken down because the files they are hosting are a violation of copyright. Tools like 90DNS are NOT taken down because the URLs they are blocking are not copyright violations. If your country has different copyright laws, that is a separate argument but the law clearly differentiates what is and isn't protected by copyright. That is not something for either of us to decide or interpret.
That was not my original point. Let's agree to disagree.

Psygnosis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Super noob question here:
I'm on a sad Mariko unit with ofw 10. I don't have any mod. I've read that there were some news on chrismas for this unit (I thought some real tx clone) but nothing happens.
Now: do you think I could update? and play at least lastest AC update untill I find the courage to solder the mod, or it's better wait on ofw 10 because there is an hope for a sw mod or a more easy to solder hw mod?

hotsuma2002

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hello, did someone try USB streaming with SysDVR 5.02 & it prompts the "Warning: winusb error Timeout while requesting data"?
May I know how to fix it?
My device is a switch lite with sxos. I tried to re-install the WINUSB driver many times. It only works if I checked "Force Libusb backend", but the graphics are choppy & laggy.
Thanks a lot!

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
Super noob question here:
I'm on a sad Mariko unit with ofw 10. I don't have any mod. I've read that there were some news on chrismas for this unit (I thought some real tx clone) but nothing happens.
Now: do you think I could update? and play at least lastest AC update untill I find the courage to solder the mod, or it's better wait on ofw 10 because there is an hope for a sw mod or a more easy to solder hw mod?
There are no SX Core clones yet and there will probably never be another soft mod. If you aren't confident in soldering you should pay someone to install it, it's easy to mess up if you don't know what you're doing and it will cost a lot more to pay someone to fix your Switch than it will cost to just pay someone to install it in the first place. As for updating, it doesn't matter. The firmware won't effect being able to hard mod your Switch, just the availability of CFW but Atmosphere supports the latest firmware anyway.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was not my original point. Let's agree to disagree.
Oh no, I'm not letting you off the hook that easily. Unless you really messed up your original point, you said and I quote:

Even the official Nintendo websites let's you download the firmware, just like Sony provides them for PS3 and PS4 for example. I will let the staff baby rage about the official firmware... Sight...

Np; we are here to help and support.
Regardless of however you feel about whether Nintendo Switch firmware files are "piracy" or not is irrelevant; what you originally stated about Nintendo websites letting you download firmware files was blatantly false and you never provided any proof or evidence to backup said claim. I will agree that you are free to your own opinion but I will not allow people to make false claims without rebuttal.

Theone5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh no, I'm not letting you off the hook that easily.
With all due respect, that's for me to decide.

Regardless of however you feel about whether Nintendo Switch firmware files are "piracy" or not is irrelevant; what you originally stated about Nintendo websites letting you download firmware files was blatantly false and you never provided any proof or evidence to backup said claim. I will agree that you are free to your own opinion but I will not allow people to make false claims without rebuttal.

I would not call it a false claim, because that would cause you to proof my claim would indeed be false. One of the Nintendo domains was "open" for downloading the official firmwares - might it be intentional or not. From what I recall the firmwares where listed via a http ftp link, but could not be downloaded directly as it gave a htaccess error. However by bypassing the .htaccess you could indeed download them. Probably due to a Zend Server configuration issue on their side - but that's guessing at this point. I have not checked further Nintendo related domains to be more precise. Nonetheless if the official Nintendo firmwares cannot be shared and taken down when provided so be it.

Last edited by Theone5000,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would not call it a false claim, because that would cause you to proof my claim would indeed be false. One of the Nintendo domains was "open" for downloading the official firmwares - might it be intentional or not. From what I recall the firmwares where listed via a http ftp link, but could not be downloaded directly as it gave a htaccess error. However by bypassing the .htaccess you could indeed download them. Probably due to a Zend Server configuration issue on their side - but that's guessing at this point. I have not checked further Nintendo related domains to be more precise. Nonetheless if the official Nintendo firmwares cannot be shared and taken down when provided so be it.
  • I can call it a false claim because you were the one that made it in the first place; the burden of proof falls on you and not me. You're using phrases such as "might be intentional", "could...download them", and "guessing", conveying that you don't actually know the full story and are just twisting bits and pieces to form your own conclusion
  • As another user, as well as implied by the rest, Nintendo firmware files have and will always only ever be obtainable from the Switch. The only other way to download them is with third-party tools that connect directly to their CDN which requires even more copyrighted material such as a Switch certificate
  • Even if we were to presume that there was such a preposterous way to obtain Nintendo Switch firmware files at one point, it still does not address the fact that there is no way to officially install them therefore its illogical for Nintendo to distribute them
  • Your last sentence makes it sound like you believe Nintendo Switch firmware files are not piracy. As I have stated numerous times, that is something for neither one of us to decide. And for all intents and purposes, I have not stated my opinion on the matter. But I don't need to because the fact still remains that legally Nintendo Switch firmware files are copyrighted material; you cannot distribute Switch games for the same exact reason you cannot distribute Switch firmware files. If it bothers you so much, go tell your lawmakers to change that because your opinion alone certainly won't

Theone5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
  • I can call it a false claim because you were the one that made it in the first place; the burden of proof falls on you and not me. You're using phrases such as "might be intentional", "could...download them", and "guessing", conveying that you don't actually know the full story and are just twisting bits and pieces to form your own conclusion
  • As another user, as well as implied by the rest, Nintendo firmware files have and will always only ever be obtainable from the Switch. The only other way to download them is with third-party tools that connect directly to their CDN which requires even more copyrighted material such as a Switch certificate
  • Even if we were to presume that there was such a preposterous way to obtain Nintendo Switch firmware files at one point, it still does not address the fact that there is no way to officially install them therefore its illogical for Nintendo to distribute them
  • Your last sentence makes it sound like you believe Nintendo Switch firmware files are not piracy. As I have stated numerous times, that is something for neither one of us to decide. And for all intents and purposes, I have not stated my opinion on the matter. But I don't need to because the fact still remains that legally Nintendo Switch firmware files are copyrighted material; you cannot distribute Switch games for the same exact reason you cannot distribute Switch firmware files. If it bothers you so much, go tell your lawmakers to change that because your opinion alone certainly won't

This is the information I can provide of what I have noticed and saw. I did find it a bit strange though that they stored the files on their server to be downloaded, though via a detour. It was not meant to be downloaded in a regular way that's for sure. And from what I have read from various users this is just the case, otherwise Nintendo would provided them in a regular way - except for in the cartridges. None of the websites i've visited so far offer this.

hotsuma2002

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hello, did someone try USB streaming with SysDVR 5.02 & it prompts the "Warning: winusb error Timeout while requesting data"?
May I know how to fix it?
My device is a switch lite with sxos. I tried to re-install the WINUSB driver many times. It only works if I checked "Force Libusb backend", but the graphics are choppy & laggy.
Thanks a lot!
I found out it is not my PC/switch lite problem. That is because SysDVR cannot stream all the games smoothly neither with the default player or MPV. Some games may be choppy or full of noise on the screen. E.g. Curse of the Moon 2, labyrinth of refrain.
Hopefully it will be fixed later. Thanks.

Theone5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I call bullshit. If you did find such a thing, it was unofficial.
From what Draxzelex extensively informed me about in his posts, yes I can only agree that the availability of the firmware files that could be downloaded via that method is unofficial. So no more posting links to official Nintendo firmwares. Check.

schatzi123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
hello everyone,
i have problem with Super Mario 3D World + Bowsers fury,
I installed game, but I cant started it, loading endless loading...
only this game cant start on my switch, other games are just fine,
I'm on 10.2.0 / 0.15.0 / S (sigpatches are from here)
thanks.

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hello everyone,
thanks.
Bad dump maybe ? Witch Installer did you use ?

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hello everyone,
thanks.

What format is your sd card?

Other than that a possible bad dump or you need to update

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up