Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

GCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Honestly I am a bit clueless right now, haven't startet my Switch for 8 months I think and I used the atmosphere updater I had installed to update everything. However now I can't play Fire Emblem TH anymore, it starts and then gives an error, even though I have played it through once 8 months ago...

Also downloaded Mario 3D Allstars which crashes my Switch when I try to install it with gold leaf, final fantasy IX which I also downloaded worked fine...

I also downloaded a compressed nzx of disgaea 1 which I converted to nsp with Switch army knife and my passkey but this crashes as well when I hit install...

I am currently on firmware 10.2.0, atmosphere is at 0.15.0 and hekate should be at the most recent version.

I have a solid made jig already and am payloading through my pc(which is a hassle of course).
Have you installed latest sigpatches?

darkriku2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, y'all. I had a switch using SXOS a while back and want to get back to using a hacked switch. I don't have the dongle anymore so I'm gonna go the hekate/atmosphere route. Is this guide up to date and the best way to go about it? Or is there a better straight forward guide? Is EmuMMC necessary if I don't care about going online with my switch (I have a different switch dedicated to ofw)? I'm just interested in emulators, mods, and backups for the most part.

Last edited by darkriku2000,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey, y'all. I had a switch using SXOS a while back and want to get back to using a hacked switch. I don't have the dongle anymore so I'm gonna go the hekate/atmosphere route. Is this guide up to date and the best way to go about it? Or is there a better straight forward guide? Is EmuMMC necessary if I don't care about going online with my switch (I have a different switch dedicated to ofw)? I'm just interested in emulators, mods, and backups for the most part.

Yeah that should cover it, just get the right sigpatches for your bootloader. Emummc is handy just in case you bork something critical. If you dont want the emummc then make a biskeys and prodinfo backup and backup the backups

Reactions: darkriku2000

nutsack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the best way to install nsp files offline? I have been using NSP Divider (since my microSD is FAT32) plus Goldleaf 0.8.0 on AMS 0.15.0 / Horizon 10.1.0 using fusee-secondary from hekate with fusee-secondary sigpatches and I'm having all kinds of problems with a couple of games showing as corrupted when I run 'Check for Corrupt Data' from Horizon after install. The two games specifically are Catherine Full Body (US-EU) and Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne HD Remaster (JP). I'm wondering if NSP Divider and Goldleaf are screwing up the installs because I haven't seen complaints about these nsps being bad. Is there a better way to install to FAT32 without turning on any kind of network functionality (still paranoid about that after Nintendo was pushing the 6.2.0 update onto people back when everyone thought that firmware might be uncrackable). Everything else runs fine, nothing corrupt when checked from in Horizon.

Last edited by nutsack,

Jim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a friend is selling a switch with a serial of XAW1008230 shows "possibly patched" on ismyswitchpatched but has the current 10.2.0 firmware. Still hackable through the RCM method shown on NH switch guide?
If its patched and not hackable, should I buy this one or a brand new switch on black friday(newer model better battery) and just wait for a new hack?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a friend is selling a switch with a serial of XAW1008230 shows "possibly patched" on ismyswitchpatched but has the current 10.2.0 firmware. Still hackable through the RCM method shown on NH switch guide?
If its patched and not hackable, should I buy this one or a brand new switch on black friday(newer model better battery) and just wait for a new hack?

We can't tell if it will accept payload or not, you need to push a payload to see, try pushing Hekate on it, if it accepts it then it is unpatched if it doesn't it mean it is patched.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the best way to install nsp files offline? I have been using NSP Divider (since my microSD is FAT32) plus Goldleaf 0.8.0 on AMS 0.15.0 / Horizon 10.1.0 using fusee-secondary from hekate with fusee-secondary sigpatches and I'm having all kinds of problems with a couple of games showing as corrupted when I run 'Check for Corrupt Data' from Horizon after install. The two games specifically are Catherine Full Body (US-EU) and Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne HD Remaster (JP). I'm wondering if NSP Divider and Goldleaf are screwing up the installs because I haven't seen complaints about these nsps being bad. Is there a better way to install to FAT32 without turning on any kind of network functionality (still paranoid about that after Nintendo was pushing the 6.2.0 update onto people back when everyone thought that firmware might be uncrackable). Everything else runs fine, nothing corrupt when checked from in Horizon.
Goldleaf is arguably the worst title installer so there is not much surprise you're having issues. I recommend using Awoo Installer.

primetime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a software program that can convert say 20+ folders that are in iso/mp3 format to bin/cue format without having to go into each folder, convert the mp3's to wave, make a new cue file containing those wave's and the iso, and then mounting it to a virtual disk image to generate the bin and cue files? There has to be an easier way. Help a noob out! I want to just point to a directory containing a bunch of folders that are in iso/mp3 format and just mass convert them all into bin/cue so that retroarch can actually read the damn files!

mattek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi there,

I recently got "bricked" Nintendo Switch v1. I mean "bricked", because the console showed no signs of life.

I diagnosed the device and it turned out that it isn't an hardware issue - I didn't find any shorts, battery charging turned out to be fine. After connecting Switch to computer, PC recognized it as a APX device. I installed proper drivers and run TegraRcmGUI - the program had connected to the Switch and I was able to inject payload, eg. hekate_ctcaer and boot the console. Unfortunantely, I'm unable to boot the console to CFW. It seems that it always stays in RCM mode (I guess).

The problem is this Switch has a damaged screen. I would be able to replace broken display, however I need to know if I am able to revert device to it's original state (OFW) and use it normally.

I don't have it's SD card nor NAND backup.

I found this tutorial:https://gist.github.com/Karunamon/d3938368c548a61a5a41281bb89f0e49

I would like to admit that my last Nintendo's console was NDSL and all CFW's stuff was much easier there. That's the reason why I asked here because I have already drowned in Switch's exploit stuff.

EDIT:
I booted the console to OFW via Hekate. I can't see 2/3 of the screen but everything seems to be working just fine.

Best regards!

Last edited by mattek,

nutsack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goldleaf is arguably the worst title installer so there is not much surprise you're having issues. I recommend using Awoo Installer.

Thanks. It does seem like a way better installer than Goldleaf, especially having the USB option again like I had with addubz tinfoil. But using Awoo Installer, Horizon still shows corrupt data found when I scan the game after install. Could this perhaps be a false positive because Awoo-Installer told me "Invalid NCA Signature Detected" when installing and thus maybe it's failing a checksum because of that when I go into Horizon and have it check the game for corrupted data? It always gets to 100% and then says corrupt data found while usually when I'd do that check with a bad game install it would say there is corrupt data way before getting to check 100%. I think this game is one converted from XCI also.

Last edited by nutsack,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks. It does seem like a way better installer than Goldleaf, especially having the USB option again like I had with addubz tinfoil. But using Awoo Installer, Horizon still shows corrupt data found when I scan the game after install. Could this perhaps be a false positive because Awoo-Installer told me "Invalid NCA Signature Detected" when installing and thus maybe it's failing a checksum because of that when I go into Horizon and have it check the game for corrupted data? It always gets to 100% and then says corrupt data found while usually when I'd do that check with a bad game install it would say there is corrupt data way before getting to check 100%. I think this game is one converted from XCI also.

could be a convert issue or it could be sigpatch probelm iirc

Bateees

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any word on the Switch Lite softmod release? Sorry I haven't been around in months. I had a softmodded Nintendo Switch last year but the directional pad hurts my thumbs. The Switch Lite is more my style because I only use portable mode and there's an actual d pad that doesn't give me blisters. There's someone who will softmod any switch lite for $120 on ebay but you have to provide the modchip and 64gb sd card.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you are using the correct patches that match your corresponding bootloader.

Is there any word on the Switch Lite softmod release? Sorry I haven't been around in months. I had a softmodded Nintendo Switch last year but the directional pad hurts my thumbs. The Switch Lite is more my style because I only use portable mode and there's an actual d pad that doesn't give me blisters. There's someone who will softmod any switch lite for $120 on ebay but you have to provide the modchip and 64gb sd card.
There was never any word on a softmod for the Switch Lite and there may never be one or it may be a very long time until one is released.

Bonobhoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone help.

Ive been playing many games recently on my Switch with no issues until 2 days ago,when i go to download some games in Tinfoil,they install fine but when i go to play it states "you must have the software in order to play"...I was told in another forum that i need something called XSOS,ive never heard of that,then someone else states i just need to update sigpatches.

Im kinda lost here now....Most of my games are playable but the last few ive downloaded give me the error....Can anyone direct me on how to fix this?

GCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Anyone help.

Ive been playing many games recently on my Switch with no issues until 2 days ago,when i go to download some games in Tinfoil,they install fine but when i go to play it states "you must have the software in order to play"...I was told in another forum that i need something called XSOS,ive never heard of that,then someone else states i just need to update sigpatches.

Im kinda lost here now....Most of my games are playable but the last few ive downloaded give me the error....Can anyone direct me on how to fix this?
Were you playing backups or legit games before? If they were legit, then you should download the latest sigpatches, just google it and download the corresponding one to you(fusee-primary or secondary)

Bonobhoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Were you playing backups or legit games before? If they were legit, then you should download the latest sigpatches, just google it and download the corresponding one to you(fusee-primary or secondary)

backups.... i own a few legit games for another main switch,but on this one is was backups. As i say most games play fine but the last few i downloaded i got this error.

GCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
backups.... i own a few legit games for another main switch,but on this one is was backups. As i say most games play fine but the last few i downloaded i got this error.
Can you try deleting the games that you get the error message and re-download the game files from another source, it might be about nsp files? And make sure that you are using the latest sigpatches.

Last edited by GCS,

Bonobhoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can you try deleting the games that you get the error message and re-download the game files from another source, it might be about nsp files? And make sure that you are using the latest sigpatches.

Yeah sure ill try that,however ive only used Tinfoil to get the games. Is there another program i use like tinfoil or do i have to go the usual places? The reason why i liked Tinfoil is that it also downloaded the lastest versions with DLC.

Thank you for help....Its only for a few games but ironcally they dont work and my kid is flipping out lol.

GCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Yeah sure ill try that,however ive only used Tinfoil to get the games. Is there another program i use like tinfoil or do i have to go the usual places? The reason why i liked Tinfoil is that it also downloaded the lastest versions with DLC.

Thank you for help....Its only for a few games but ironcally they dont work and my kid is flipping out lol.
You can try Awoo Installer for installing NSPs. If you meant a place to get nsp files, there are some tinfoil shops but I would recommend you to just get them from internet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I can imagine it would work fine