Hacking Switch is not booting up, not even with the rcm mode

bugra

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I havent charged my switch for like couple of weeks and today when ı see it is dead ı have tried to charge it. at first ı have seen a charging icon and then it stopped. from that point I cant see any sort of charging information. I have tried to charge a different device with the original nintendo charger, it seems working.
ı left the device charge for like 1 hour and then i tried to open it with tegrarcm GUI it is not visible like a green rcm mode
what should ı do?
I have already soft resetted it with holding down the power 15 seconds, nothing changed.
please help!

aytug25

Trophies
XP
Country
I havent charged my switch for like couple of weeks and today when ı see it is dead ı have tried to charge it. at first ı have seen a charging icon and then it stopped. from that point I cant see any sort of charging information. I have tried to charge a different device with the original nintendo charger, it seems working.
ı left the device charge for like 1 hour and then i tried to open it with tegrarcm GUI it is not visible like a green rcm mode
what should ı do?
I have already soft resetted it with holding down the power 15 seconds, nothing changed.
please help!
i guess you are using autorcm and if your battery has no power, you should keep it on charge, like 6-7 hours, then you should try to send payload. On autorcm switch is charging with so little. You should just let it charge.

Reactions: bugra

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what should ı do?
please help!
Assuming you have AutoRCM installed, do the following:
If your console can still accept payloads...

1. Press the Power button once
  2. Press and hold the Power button for 12 seconds
  3. Press the Power button once
  4. Connect it to your computer via USB
  5. Send Hekate as a payload
  6. Choose the "Power Off" function
  7. DO NOT unplug your console from this point as now your console will normally recharge. It should gain enough charge to boot up into CFW/OFW in about 10-15 minutes. It should also be noted that this method is the only way to charge the console while keeping it off as trying to charge it in any other scenario will turn on the Switch.

If your console cannot accept payloads...

1. Press the Power button once
  2. Press and hold the Power button for 12 seconds
  3. Either plug the Switch into your computer via USB or the dock while the dock is connected to the charger
  4. Wait about 30 minutes to an hour
  5. Try sending a payload such as Hekate. If it succeeds, use Hekate's "Power Off" function and keep the console plugged in so it can continue charging at a faster rate. If the payload did not work, try charging the console for longer or charge it elsewhere
For more information, visit this guide:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/autorcm-with-the-nintendo-switch-101.515402/

Reactions: Draxzelex and bugra

bugra

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
thank you all for the replies, gonna try every one of them on order then ı am gonna update it.
İ hope it works guys I need some Bioshock on the go :/

bugra

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
have tried everything you have said in the order. the device is on charge for like a 12 hour. no response as previously. it seems like it is charging because the device and switch gets up a heat so little. what should ı do now. i cant see the device on the tegrarcmgui.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have tried everything you have said in the order. the device is on charge for like a 12 hour. no response as previously. it seems like it is charging because the device and switch gets up a heat so little. what should ı do now. i cant see the device on the tegrarcmgui.
If it's warm, it's probably in RCM. Try a different USB-C cord and/or a different computer.

bugra

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
it becomes warm when just connected to the charger. I have bought a new cord today and still nothing. ı am gonna try a different computer now to see any change.
thank you i will update it.

bugra

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
guys sorry for the delay again but ı have some updates.
have tried literally everything, assuming the autorcm on or off. every possible solution you guys suggested here or other places. nothing is working with my system. i have some new examines now tho.
first of all after trying soft reset, hard reset, plugging it in for 3 days and trying with the tegrarcm on my computer or another computer, trying a new bought usb c cable didnt do anything with my system
after these frustrating attemts, i have decided to open the backplate of my switch. I have seen someone who tried this method with unplugging the battery for like 15 min and then plugging it, he can get in to rcm mode.
-after i have opened the plate i have checked firstly the water damage indicator. It is shown as the red rectangle in the picture. nothing wrong no indicator of water.
-after checking the board ı have detached the battery for 1 hour.
and then plugged it in.
tried to boot up or take it to rcm mode no sign of anything

after that plugged the device again to the wall adaptor directly. checked regular heat signs coming from the usb c to the battery. these components are heating up quiet regularly and battery and connector of it also picks up just some heat.
but there is a one chip that becomes really hot like you couldnt touch it more than 3-4 seconds. black silicon padding of it a bit softened and sticky than the exact same silicon paddings on the otherside of the unit. this chip is showed as a blue rectangle and it is cowered with the black silicon padding and underside of it looks completely normal in the pic and it is called BQ24913. I dont know much about this chip but it is functioning something like controlling and calculating the amount of voltage to the battery. ıt seems like in its nature gets heated up a bit but ı dont know is it too much do you guys know anything about it?

also there are just so little residue like a powder on the connecting cables of the switch. I have also checked some other teardowns and it seems like they have that same residue as well. İ it an issue or an original thing on the switch.

one last thing as an observation, sometimes when i have tried to boot up the switch. it makes a distinct clicking sound from around the battery side. it is like a disc sound and yes i have checked the fan the noice is not coming from there.

help me guys i dont know what else should ı do i am so frustrated and not knowing the problem after all these tries makes it worse.
after that point i can try everything that is possible with the device to understand what is wrong.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also can you see any visible problem with the units interior. I can send some closeup shots if its required to check.

Also I have another update, İt seems like before 3 weeks of not using the switch, my last time when ı have used it, i remember that it had boot up without the payload ejection. the games naturally didnt opened. I think it is a sign that it is not autorcm mode on.
and also befor device giving me nothing 1 day ago it has showed me the charging icon regularly on the top left corner.

Attachments

• opened switch.jpg
    opened switch.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 271
Last edited by bugra,

LucidLad1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When this happened to me it was because I let it die completely and didn't charge it. It worked for me after leaving it on the Nintendo dock to charge for a day. From my experience computers don't charge it as fast. It might just be my computer though.

Reactions: bugra

bugra

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
BQ24913... isn't that the famous very feeble Switch charging chip that some times broke (usually after using a non Nintendo dock) and required replacement?
never used anything other than the official charging brick and the official dock. also seems like all the heat from that chip is okey when functioning normally. but if it is more hot on my side, i cant measure it or compare it unfortunately. hope it is not broken do you know how can i understand that is faulty or not?

When this happened to me it was because I let it die completely and didn't charge it. It worked for me after leaving it on the Nintendo dock to charge for a day. From my experience computers don't charge it as fast. It might just be my computer though.
oh, did you unplug the battery and let it die. it is not using any power since it is not connected or if i connect the battery, i cant use the juice because i cant turn the thing on :D
should i drain the battery completely and how?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill