Hacking Switch Informations by serial number - READ THE FIRST POST before asking questions

Aylo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I have a XAJ40047 console on system v9.0.0 - I know that the serial means it may be hackable but because it's up to date does that mean it's not hackable?

Aylo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, so I got 0x7000 - not patched.
Which homebrew is minimally intrusive (kind of like haxchii was) as I just want to be able to edit my SP saves at this moment in time

DeKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, just wondering. My switch SN# is XAW4001540 on here is in the red and on ismyswitchpacthed is orange. Does this mean it definitely patched or should i try the mod. it is running 9.0 firm? And if i do try it will it mess up my switch ? Thank.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, just wondering. My switch SN# is XAW4001540 on here is in the red and on ismyswitchpacthed is orange. Does this mean it definitely patched or should i try the mod. it is running 9.0 firm? And if i do try it will it mess up my switch ? Thank.

Push a payload if it failed it is patched.

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
So, how are the odds of getting an unpatched, hackable Switch in stores (Germany) right now? I haven't chacked the serials as of yet, just asking.

akramff

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi
Will it be ok to buy an up to date console but a hackable one ? For example running 9.0.0 fw

Many thanks for your support

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone, I picked up a Switch with serial XAJ4002196xxxx. According to this topic and other info online this is unpatched. Good news so far!

But before I get carried away can I confirm it's okay to update sysnand to 9.0 before creating emunand? With an unpatched device there is no need to stay on a lower FW, right?

Thanks

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, I picked up a Switch with serial XAJ4002196xxxx. According to this topic and other info online this is unpatched. Good news so far!

But before I get carried away can I confirm it's okay to update sysnand to 9.0 before creating emunand? With an unpatched device there is no need to stay on a lower FW, right?

Thanks
If you have personally verified it's unpatched by running something like Hekate, then yes, it is safe to update your unpatched Switch to 9.0.1 (if you don't care about future exploits).

If you care about future exploits and want to retain the ability to downgrade, you need to install AutoRCM before/during the update process, which will cause your Switch to autoboot RCM and prevent fuses from being burnt.

Reactions: masbass

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
If you have personally verified it's unpatched by running something like Hekate, then yes, it is safe to update your unpatched Switch to 9.0.1 (if you don't care about future exploits).

If you care about future exploits and want to retain the ability to downgrade, you need to install AutoRCM before/during the update process, which will cause your Switch to autoboot RCM and prevent fuses from being burnt.

Thanks, and this might be a noob question but what's the easiest way to see the firmware I'm on? lol. System update menu just says an update is available.

edit: It's on 9.0 anyway, it's only saying update available due to 9.01 dropping.

Last edited by Audioboxer,

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
When did Nintendo start patching the Switches? Just noticed on the back of mine it says Made In China 2019. I thought from seeing random comments online the RCM entry point had been patched in 2018?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Also this song https://youtu.be/27RWx9Q6LcQ?si=c7C8YuRoIPHadiQ0