Switch Informations by serial number - READ THE FIRST POST before asking questions

Essometer Aug 17, 2017.

1. r5xscn

r5xscn GBAtemp Regular

Apr 8, 2014
    Antarctica
    On earth, somewhere
    Its good for 9.0.0 if you have an entry point. Ipatched switches current entry point is 4.1.0 (released) and up to 7 (not released). Not sure about 8/9.

Older switches can run cfw on 9.0.0 through FG, which is unpatchable on the older model.

If you have ipatched switch at 9.0.0, then your options are: wait for new hacks, or find one yourself.

barelynotlegal likes this.
  2. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    That’s for unpatched systems and patched systems on 4.1.0 that have an emummc

barelynotlegal likes this.
  3. Sekmeth

Sekmeth Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2019
    Spain
    Hey.....

@x65943
    @Draxzelex
    @zxr750j
    @Pokfan1
    ....all who told me to look for an unpatched Switch...

What do you think about this?
    Good lucky? ^_^

XAJ40035488886

(As a new member, I can not post links to photos)

4. barelynotlegal

barelynotlegal GBAtemp Regular

Mar 30, 2016
    United States
    Version Number: XAW100755
    Region: USA
    Firmware: 4.1.0
    System Color: neon blue & red

5. ZachyCatGames

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    @Essometer I think adding a list of what serials come with what firmwares for Mariko consoles to the OP would be a good idea, as having a low firmware on them will be very important in terms of having any kind of hacks on them in the future.

6. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    looks like you're missing a number. I cycled through them for the last number in that serial number. you're good, unpatched. I was sent a refurbished, unpatched system last november. I confirmed it a while back (first through this thread; then, again using ismyswitchpatched.com). I have no plans to hack my system though.

7. 2pado

2pado Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2010
    United States
    Hi, i already have a jig and my Switch is in the "orange" region, i was reading this guide:

https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/emummc/sending_payload/

But i am unsure as to what am i looking for to see if my Switch is patched or not, there is no step that indicates "The process will stop here if your Switch is patched" and the link sent me to "Sending a payload" first and then "Preparing the SD" later, but preparing the SD is normally first on the tutorial so idk what am i supposed to do first.

8. Kyw_09

Kyw_09 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I have a switch on 4.1.0 and the serial number is XAJ400627. I’m planning on buying another switch and was told the serial number is XAJ400625. Does that mean it will also be on 4.1.0?

9. Essometer
    OP

Essometer Needs data

Oct 22, 2010
    Germany
    Bielefeld
    Yes, while I can’t guarantee it 100%, the chance is very high. However, trying to get an unpatched Switch is definitely preferable.

10. Kyw_09

Kyw_09 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Is it really unlikely to find a brand new unpatched switch in store? I ordered 5 switches and they were all patched which is why I was just going to go for the patched one if it’s on 4.1.0.

11. Essometer
    OP

Essometer Needs data

Oct 22, 2010
    Germany
    Bielefeld
    No idea what the situation is to find an upatched switch in the store. Just laying it out that going throu the extra effort of finding one might save you some headaches afterward.
    But if you really can't find one go for the 4.1.0 patched one. According to the serial it might even be unpatched if you are lucky.

12. InvaderTom03

InvaderTom03 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2019
    United States
    Serial: XAW1002xxxx
    Serial on device matches serial on box: yes
    Region: US
    Firmware: current 9.0.0, not sure what it came with
    Color option: blue and red controllers
    Store: walmart
    Was a bundle (if yes, which):
    Purchase date:
    Fusée Gelée works:

Last edited by InvaderTom03, Sep 23, 2019
  13. akasmiler

akasmiler Member

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2019
    United Kingdom
    It would be good to have this information. Seems unpatched consoles are currently hard to come by

14. Essometer
    OP

Essometer Needs data

Oct 22, 2010
    Germany
    Bielefeld
    While it would certainly be a good idea, this thread is no longer collecting data and as far as I can tell the spreadsheet has only one Mariko serial. I can't add what I don't have.

15. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Maybe if people started reading the first post rather than going through the extra effort of making an account just to ask if a bunch of numbers are hackable or not we would have more information :glare:

16. Essometer
    OP

Essometer Needs data

Oct 22, 2010
    Germany
    Bielefeld
    Even then, who is going to buy a Marokko unit? It’s no secret that there is probably a long way ahead before they can be hacked.

17. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Maybe its not so much that they want to buy a Mariko unit but that they want to avoid buying a Mariko unit as even a ipatched unit on a higher firmware has a better chance at getting hacked than a Mariko.

18. ZachyCatGames

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    Ah, ok. Can anyone add info to the spreadsheet? If not, I posted a Mariko serial awhile ago:

True, it will be awhile. But Mariko consoles on 8.0.1 and below will eventually be somewhat hackable, anything higher than 8.0.1 is fucked.

19. Essometer
    OP

Essometer Needs data

Oct 22, 2010
    Germany
    Bielefeld
    Marika units can easily be identified by the “K” in the prefix. It’s already in the OP.

20. Nonicknamehaha

Nonicknamehaha Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2019
    Canada
    Anyone got lucky with XAW1011675? Patch or Unpatch. Thanks, want to make sure before i buy.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted