1. BaffledBatsandSlother

Newcomer

United States
    Oh shit, I had no idea. This is life changing, thanks.

Naendow likes this.
  2. GhostBishop

GhostBishop Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey guys, I just came across the moonlight port for the switch and had a few questions regarding homebrewing the system. I've used switchroot before and loaded LineageOS on mine, but its more of a pain to get up and running plus its buggy or at least the last time I tried it was. Now for homebrewing, what is the best way to do it so that I can still play online with the stock FW and use the moonlight app on the CFW? I know most times you want to be offline to not have the console banned.

3. MomZo

MomZo Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
    Hello.

Is H** Shop working with SX OS and how to install it.

On their website, you can download an archive which contains some files located in 2 folders: "atmosphere" and "switch".

The content of "switch" folder, I know what to do with it, but what about the content of "atmosphere" folder?

---
    Edit:
    Ok, found some support who explained to me that Tin**** is actually the same thing as H** Shop and helped me to configure it to properly work as I wanted.

Last edited by MomZo, Jul 24, 2020
  4. na1337

na1337 Newbie
    Newcomer

Austria
    Hi,

I hope I'm right here. My switch is hackable, and I just want to be able to play my "backup" games, nothing else (no retro-emulation, movei watching, etc.). What I'm looking is a fool (=me) proof way to mod my Switch.
    I found a tutorial on youtube with hekate and then something happened and I had to start all over again and lost all my save games. Is there a way to do this super simple? I believe Hekate is where you can choose more custom firmwares which I don't need.
    tl;dr:
    So I am basically looking for the easiest guide - like I said I just want to play games and that's it.
    Thanks so much for your help. :)

cheers

Last edited by na1337, Oct 25, 2020
  5. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    https://switch.homebrew.guide/

6. cuongnd8791

cuongnd8791 Member
    Newcomer

Hi. I had a trouble with nxmtp. My Nintendo Switch used Atmosphere, and I used to use nxmtp to manage and copy some content and homebrew into it. However, today I have just updated to version 11.0.0 with AMS 0.16.0, then when I open nxmtp, I get an error code: 2168-0001 (0x2a8) and have to press POWER to restart. Please help me fix it or tell me another file transferring homebrew like nxmtp. Thanks

7. toxic9

toxic9 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

I'm afraid there is no solution right now. That's why people are advised to not update as soon as a new FW is available. Some work should be done before everything is OK. Homebrew needs to be recompiled to support the new FW, and don't expect all homebrews will be updated too soon, if ever!

cuongnd8791 likes this.
  8. greenmky

greenmky Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi guys, new here. I've been chasing this one for like a year.

For ages I was running my old FW 2.3 switch with Pegaswitch.

Retroarch (or standalone PPSSPP) would crash hard with a memdump error. Couldn't get a single PS1 or PSP game to work. SNES, NES, Genesis, etc all work fine.

So recently, i wiped and started over, carefully followed instructions, now I'm using Pegascape from FW 2.3 to boot Caffeine and then boot to proper emuMMC with Atmosphere. Now the same things (PPSPP standalone or retroarch, or PS1 via retroarch), I now get a "software must be closed" error...not really better.

So it is now... start game (Mario Kart or Zelda BoTW), r-button switch to hbmenu, results...PSP and PSX cores hard crash with the Switch software closed error.

Tried also: installing retroarch from switch menu instead of download, installing newest nightly from git, installing stable branch from git, removing BIOSes, trying different PSX roms. I'll note the PS1 roms and BIOSes works fine on my retropie setup so I know that isn't the issue.

Again, Retroarch for Genesis, SNES, etc all work fine...just not PPSSPP or PCSX-rearmed.

Can anyone help? All I can think is that it is something related to me using old firmware and Caffeine to boot into CFW somehow. Because the problem doesn't seem common.

I did poke a head in at a few of the crash logs, and they seem to be hbmenu related crashes, but it isn't entirely clear.

Last edited by greenmky, Dec 9, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Discussion, Homebrew, Hacking