Gaming Switch games are gonna cost $100 for Canadians? What Is This Non-Sense?!?!?!

Do U think this is real?

• Yes

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 38 58.5%
  • Yes and I will still buy

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Yes and I will stop buying

Votes: 9 13.8%

• Total voters
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Basic law of supply and demand. Nintendo is only charging as much as the customer is willing to pay. If the game doesn't sell at $100, price will decrease quickly enough.
It's either set by Nintendo or the retailers. Retailers in UK set their own prices regardless of what's on Nintendo Store UK.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's either set by Nintendo or the retailers. Retailers in UK set their own prices regardless of what's on Nintendo Store UK.
Yep, Nintendo has a suggested retail price, and retailers are free to sell for more or less, whatever strategy they want to use. But supply and demand still applies. If the game doesn't sell at $100, the price will decrease.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Yep, Nintendo has a suggested retail price, and retailers are free to sell for more or less, whatever strategy they want to use. But supply and demand still applies. If the game doesn't sell at $100, the price will decrease.
I'm guessing that BotW is still a hotcake because it still costs nearly as much as it did at launch.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm guessing that BotW is still a hotcake because it still costs nearly as much as it did at launch.
Well, Nintendo has a reputation for selling their hot games at launch prices for a long, long time after the initial launch. Nothing has changed. We must wait for Player's Choice edition to get it for cheaper, in a year or two.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

No need to overreact. If you know what's the standard retail price for Switch games then that will be it and this is just a placeholder price.

It's like the Amazon UK listing of Pokémon for Switch, the price in UK for Switch games used to be £59.99 as standard but now has dropped to £49.99. Hopefully it'll drop £10's more in the future.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Every time something new comes out, Canadians always seem surprised by the price. It's like they still haven't learned their currency is slowly failing as prices rise.

Canadian dollar has never been that great but games were always fairly reasonably priced. I mean excluding stuff like n64 which had expensive titles across all regions it's always been fairly reasonably priced. If anything the fact our dollar was close and even higher than the USD at one point was nothing short of an oddity.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: We're figments of your imagination +1