Hacking Question Switch gamecard slot fuses ... Do they ban?

Ferras2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
First, sorry for bad english.

I have a question about Switch gamecard slot fuses ... Do they ban?

I say this because I had emunand and sysnand in 8.1.0, updated emunand by CNX to 9.0.0, restarted, shut down, enter into sysnand to update it online normal by Nintendo system, Switch crashed, error 2002-2634 , I saw that it was related to the Game Card, I removed, I was able to enter, updated it to 9.0.1 and everything is ok.

But then I went to find out why and I saw that the game slot has its own firmware and its own fuses and I was afraid that I had a problem with the fuses and take a ban...

I saw that Atmosphère 0.9.4 has a system (nogc) that prevents fuses from being blown, which I could verify, as the card actually didn't work when I was in it, it just went back to work now that I updated sysnand . I got to log in to SXOS too and I'm pretty sure that it didn't show the card either. Does that mean I'm safe? Does anyone know when in fact the gamecard slot fuses are actually blown?

Does anyone know how to check the fuse count of the game slot and if that can you ban?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe a stupid question (don't have an exploited switch), but wouldn't the method to check if fuses are blown be in your history, possibly indirectly causing a ban?

jkjj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are never protected against a ban.

Please never reply to any discussion ever again. This is so far outside of the scope of this question. Furthermore insulting, and you invite being called such things as an asshat.

Back on point this is a good question, there isn't a lot of info regarding gc fuses besides latest SX fw doesn't protect against updating fuses in latest 9.0/9.01 FW. A
I understand it there is no current way to check gamecard slot fuses.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are unlikely to be banned for a game cartridge fuse count mismatch, but it's not impossible. Personally, if I were to play online, I would let my cartridge slot update to comport with my system version.

It is highly unlikely that the actual fuse count (reserved_odm7) can lead to a ban.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There is no benefit to keep any kinds of fuse on firmware > 4.1 and/or you'd like to keep playing gamecard on such specific low firmware to take advantage of hacking without jig/usb dongle. Update the fuse and enjoy playing game on latest firmware without fears.

Reactions: Ferras2

Ferras2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

I will explain again because I think some people did not understand exactly what happened:
Id not know that there were fuses and a firmware for the gamecard slot, so instead of upgrading sysnand first and then emunand, I updated emunand first, atmosphere protected me from blowing the fuses, but the damn SXOS didn't (and I enter in it one time before upgrading to sysnand, for play a game), so when I went into sysnand I had the problem reported, took the cartridge out and upgraded to sysnand also. Currently both my emunand and sysnand are up to date and working the slot, however as i upgraded on the contrary i was afraid the fuse count didn't match what it should and if this could lead to ban, additionally i would like to know if anyone knows some way to check the count, certainly has as the atmosphere itself does it in the background.

nummanali

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Ferras, how have things gone for you?

Did you have any issues with playing online or are you still good?

I booted into 10.1.0 (without autorcm) and burnt my fuses (the OS and gamecard fuses I'm assuming as I received the same error as you). I restored sysnand (6.2.0) and updated via official Nintendo servers. Only been a day lol, but no issues atm.

Guess I'll update again in a few weeks.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Ferras, how have things gone for you?

Did you have any issues with playing online or are you still good?

I booted into 10.1.0 (without autorcm) and burnt my fuses (the OS and gamecard fuses I'm assuming as I received the same error as you). I restored sysnand (6.2.0) and updated via official Nintendo servers. Only been a day lol, but no issues atm.

Guess I'll update again in a few weeks.
Just know that a ban can take even a year to be implemented.

fadx

Filthy Cheater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've updated online officially whilst in CFW with mismatched fuses and no ban, this was a couple of years ago though so not sure if anything has changed since then.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

I will explain again because I think some people did not understand exactly what happened:
Id not know that there were fuses and a firmware for the gamecard slot, so instead of upgrading sysnand first and then emunand, I updated emunand first, atmosphere protected me from blowing the fuses, but the damn SXOS didn't (and I enter in it one time before upgrading to sysnand, for play a game), so when I went into sysnand I had the problem reported, took the cartridge out and upgraded to sysnand also. Currently both my emunand and sysnand are up to date and working the slot, however as i upgraded on the contrary i was afraid the fuse count didn't match what it should and if this could lead to ban, additionally i would like to know if anyone knows some way to check the count, certainly has as the atmosphere itself does it in the background.
The only way to know unfortunately is to test the cartridge slot manually on firmware versions with the update which are 4.0 and 9.0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Touché.