Hacking Switch don't power on after battery died when in CFW

jellybeangreen2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully some has been in a similar situation...

My switch died while in CFW (hekate-ipl). How it doesn't power back on, I have left it on charge for maybe 40 minutes. tried booting in to RCM. Nothing. Does anyone have any ideas please?

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Auto RCM?

From powered off, hold vol +, insert usb, send payload.

(and don't press power to turn on, insert the usb with vol held down as that powers into RCM fine)

Last edited by Risingdawn,

jellybeangreen2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Auto RCM?

From powered off, hold vol +, insert usb, send payload.

(and don't press power to turn on, insert the usb with vol held down as that powers into RCM fine)

I didn't install AutoRCM from the reports I found. But what you said has just solved it. I held + plugged it in. I launch my payloads via web browser on my Mac and it now shown up as APX. Payload failed to load. So I held it to power off. Now it loads normally...

How do I know if I have autorcm installed? i dumped my nand then loaded in to CFW. Left it for a bit, then my battery died. that's it..

alwe2710

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did you charge with the original charger. If not so try this and power it on when it is plugged in. Otherwise try to plug out the battery like the linux battery desync fix.

cantrollmyrs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buy a spare battery ($20) open up the console and change out the battery. Good to have a spare in cases like this.

QUOTE="jellybeangreen2, post: 8087949, member: 376825"]Hopefully some has been in a similar situation...

My switch died while in CFW (hekate-ipl). How it doesn't power back on, I have left it on charge for maybe 40 minutes. tried booting in to RCM. Nothing. Does anyone have any ideas please?[/QUOTE]

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't install AutoRCM from the reports I found. But what you said has just solved it. I held + plugged it in. I launch my payloads via web browser on my Mac and it now shown up as APX. Payload failed to load. So I held it to power off. Now it loads normally...

How do I know if I have autorcm installed? i dumped my nand then loaded in to CFW. Left it for a bit, then my battery died. that's it..
It would be an option in your Hekate payload, under tools I think. Do you use a jig? If not you are using auto RCM.

Glad you got it sorted anyway, holding volume and plugging in USB is so much easier than trying to press power and volume together and then plugging in the USB. That method solved many failed RCM boots for me, now I use Auto RCM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ModernSithLord @ ModernSithLord: @BigOnYa https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQWXoQZWlMw