Hacking Question Switch dont boot after AutoRCM enabled

Burillos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
You mean, send the payload using your smartphone.
Even if (we) german speaking people say "Handy" to Smartphone, it isnt really an proper english Term for Smartphone.
Just for explanation.
OMG! I thougt it is english. Did i make something right? Looks like im doing everything wrond :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

try this its copy pasta from another thread I posted in but if you don't have the SX pro just plug in your USBC cable instead

Its kinda janky but plug in a micro usb cable while connected to a PC into the SX PRO
Plug the SX PRO into the switch and listen for a connected noise
hold Power + Volume up and listen for a disconnect sound
open up TegraRcmGUI and select hekate_ctcaer_3.2 as a payload
Hold power + volume up and listen for the connected noise
as soon as you hear it start spamming the inject payload button as it will show the switch in RCM mode for 2 seconds at most
if you get it to send the payload the switch should boot into hekate
if it does immediately plug in a normal charger

Sorry, but for what should this be good? Does this fix the Auto RCM?
I only Need a Methode to start (boot) the Switch after a complete shutdown without PC. I can use a mobilephone (Android) but no Pc, because i dont have anytime a Pc with me, but a smatphone. THX.

Last edited by Burillos,

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG! I thougt it is english. Did i make something right? Looks like im doing everything wrond :(

I only Need a Methode to start (boot) the Switch after a complete shutdown without PC. I can use a mobilephone (Android) but no Pc, because i dont have anytime a Pc with me, but a smatphone. THX.
I don't know where you live but go to a public library they for the most part have free computers to use.

Wierd_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Options:

SX Dongle
Trinket(/feather) M0 dongle (either internal or external)
Android/apple smart phone.
Fusee-LEDE dongle

There is no cold boot CFW for switch firmware versions greater than 3.xx. Fusee-Gelee is a USB injection based exploit to gain full hardware control BEFORE the operating system. It is the current bread and butter for how to start CFW.

AutoRCM forces the switch to boot into RCM mode (prevents normal system boot, forces it to listen for a payload over USB), hence its name. This removes the need to short the pins on the right joycon rail and hold in the magic buttons.

Each of the above devices will provide the injected payload and are highly portable. Once my hardware gets here (oh gawd how I have waited.... Damned chinese merchants.) I will be doing the last one. Fusee-LEDE. This is a full linux distribution on a tiny fun-size candybar sized device that contains an integrated battery and a USB socket. It does the same thing a computer does (as it really *IS* a full computer, just in a tiny battery powered case) but is very portable.

What you want is probably more in line with an internalized Trinket M0 however. For that, you need somebody that you trust to perform soldering on your Switch.

Last edited by Wierd_w,
Reactions: Burillos

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Options:

SX Dongle
Fusee-LEDE dongle

There is no cold boot CFW for switch firmware versions greater than 3.xx. Fusee-Gelee is a USB injection based exploit to gain full hardware control BEFORE the operating system. It is the current bread and butter for how to start CFW.

AutoRCM forces the switch to boot into RCM mode (prevents normal system boot, forces it to listen for a payload over USB), hence its name. This removes the need to short the pins on the right joycon rail and hold in the magic buttons.

Each of the above devices will provide the injected payload and are highly portable. Once my hardware gets here (oh gawd how I have waited.... Damned chinese merchants.) I will be doing the last one. Fusee-LEDE. This is a full linux distribution on a tiny fun-size candybar sized device that contains an integrated battery and a USB socket. It does the same thing a computer does (as it really *IS* a full computer, just in a tiny battery powered case) but is very portable.

What you want is probably more in line with an internalized Trinket M0 however. For that, you need somebody that you trust to perform soldering on your Switch.
where is tiny solder guy when you need him eh?

Burillos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Options:

SX Dongle
Fusee-LEDE dongle

SX Dongle: No Chance, i alredy buoght a key and every SX Dongle Comes with an other key. so i have to pay twize :(
Trinket M0 Dongle external: where can i buy one?
Android smar phone: This is what i am trying to do, but without sucssess :( I habe a Switch with 3.0.1 and SX OS 1.3 with Auto RCM. I Try to payload with the SX apk and the payload from the description of the youtubevideo:"Nintendo Switch Team Xecuter SX Pro & OS CFW review and Install Guide + HomeBrew Menu" but it does not work, because the Samsung S8 dont react when i plug the usb c Cable in S8 and pc. nothing happens :(
Fusee-LEDE dongle: where to buy one? shipping in Switzerland?

Thx

where is tiny solder guy when you need him eh?
lol, like wiht everything else you Need and you cant find it. Allways the same. Why i never Need someting i allredy have at home?

I don't know where you live but go to a public library they for the most part have free computers to use.
To inject the Payload i needet to install the Switch Drivers on my Windows PC. I dont think that you can install Drivers in a Library?

Wierd_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SX Dongle: No Chance, i alredy buoght a key and every SX Dongle Comes with an other key. so i have to pay twize :(
Trinket M0 Dongle external: where can i buy one?
Android smar phone: This is what i am trying to do, but without sucssess :( I habe a Switch with 3.0.1 and SX OS 1.3 with Auto RCM. I Try to payload with the SX apk and the payload from the description of the youtubevideo:"Nintendo Switch Team Xecuter SX Pro & OS CFW review and Install Guide + HomeBrew Menu" but it does not work, because the Samsung S8 dont react when i plug the usb c Cable in S8 and pc. nothing happens :(
Fusee-LEDE dongle: where to buy one? shipping in Switzerland?

Thx

lol, like wiht everything else you Need and you cant find it. Allways the same. Why i never Need someting i allredy have at home?

Both of those are bit of "Do it Yourself" in how you make them work.

Trinket M0:

This is based on the Adafruit Trinket M0 (and or, feather M0). You order the device from Adafruit, then program it with the appropriate microcontroller program. (There are several floating around. Hit up PsychoRabbit or Ninoh-Fox) It does not come with an enclosure. You will have to make/find one yourself. You will likely also need a microUSB to USB-C converter. There are some very short ones from AliExpress that would work well. This has a reliable supplier of hardware, but needs more skill.

I suggest the Feather M0 if building an external dongle. It has a built in lipo charger and a convenient JST connector.

-------

Fusee-LEDE

This is another "Do it Yourself" solution. You will need one of the no-name chinese "3G routers" this packages is made for. Example hardware on ebay See the "6$ injector" thread here in Softmods and CFW---- or see my Build Your Own Dongle thread in the Modchips and loaders sections.

This hardware is very.... Hmm... "Inconsistent." Yeah. That's the word. There are over a dozen hardware revisions inside identical shells, running many different firmwares. They are all based on the same SoC, but they are quite quirky things. There is no reliable source that sells the same revision every time, and the factory of origin is still a mystery.

Last edited by Wierd_w,

Creatable

Trophies
Website
hentaihaven.net
XP
Country
United States
This is why I despise video guides and the people who use them. They're uninformative, they spread misinformation, and the watcher of them blindly does exactly what the person in the guide does, without second thought, without any clue as to what it does because the tutorial doesn't explain anything, it just tells you to do something. The idea of optional in these guides is something you have to do because the person making the video either A. Doesn't make it clear that it's optional. Or B. Makes it clear that it's optional, but the user does it because the guide person doesn't explain what it does. Half of the videos I see on SX OS say "How to install SX OS" as if it stays installed, when I check the comments of these videos, I see people who wanna know why they aren't booting into SX OS by default, because of the overwhelming clickbait. So much misinformation, everywhere on YouTube. Next time, follow a text tutorial, maybe you'll actually understand what you're doing to your switch, because those are written by people who understand what they are doing to THEIR switch.

Last edited by Creatable,
Reactions: jimmyj and Kafluke

Burillos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I read that the RCM-Mode can be uninstalled!
I will try it in 3h, but can anyone tell me, can i use then the Payload with the Mobile and Jig?

Wierd_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will try it in 3h, but can anyone tell me, can i use then the Payload with the Mobile and Jig?

When autoRCM is uninstalled, it will boot normally unless you use the jig and a dongle/phone.

If your phone was not working when autoRCM was installed, it likely will still not work when you uninstall autoRCM. How your NX goes into RCM mode does not matter, it's still RCM mode.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. To load the payload via mobile you must first have an android phone that supports OTG. Check that first. Next make sure that you are using an OTG cable. Theyre not the same thing as regular USB cable.

Burillos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Yes. To load the payload via mobile you must first have an android phone that supports OTG. Check that first. Next make sure that you are using an OTG cable. Theyre not the same thing as regular USB cable.
Perfect! Thank you very much! I will tell you, if it works :yayswitch:

Reactions: Kafluke

Burillos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
When autoRCM is uninstalled, it will boot normally unless you use the jig and a dongle/phone.

If your phone was not working when autoRCM was installed, it likely will still not work when you uninstall autoRCM. How your NX goes into RCM mode does not matter, it's still RCM mode.
Are you sure? Kafluke writes, it will work.
Yesterday i tried to payload the Switch from PC with the cable from my Samsung galaxy s8 and it workd.
Only if i try to Payload from s8 to Switch with the same Samsung cable and the Samsung converter from USB to Typ-C it does not work.

-> Do i Need a neu Cable with OTG or do i Need a neu Converter with OTG
There is no typ-c to typ-c otg cable.

If it is like wired_w writes, this will be greate, then i can only buy a cable and payload from my Phone

Last edited by Burillos,

DevilsAdvocBR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a S8 too and I will tell you how I managed to make it work with REKADO or NXLOADER. I had to use a normal micro USB cable, with the included in the S8 package micro USB to USC-C adapter and the USB OTG adapter that came in the S8 package too. The OTG adapter in the phone and the USB-C adapter to the switch. Maybe you can make it work with a USB-C-USB cable with only the OTG adapter. I haven't try. USB-C-USB-C cable not worked in my phone. Worked only sending exploit from PC.

Last edited by DevilsAdvocBR,

Burillos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I have a S8 too and I will tell you how I managed to make it work with REKADO or NXLOADER. I had to use a normal micro USB cable, with the included in the S8 package micro USB to USC-C adapter and the USB OTG adapter that came in the S8 package too. The OTG adapter in the phone and the USB-C adapter to the switch. Maybe you can make it work with a USB-C-USB cable with only the OTG adapter. I haven't try. USB-C-USB-C cable not worked in my phone. Worked only sending exploit from PC.
Perfect! Thank you man :yayswitch: will try it in a few houers

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is correct. You need to use the OTG adapter that comes with your phone. Here's a pic:

otg.png

Burillos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
With holding Volume up and then inject the payload, i was able to remove auto rcm. Now the Switch need the Jig.
But i am still not able to Inject via Mobile. My S8 dont still recognize the Switch. I tryed a lot of cables, but no one works.
I tryed a usb memory stick and my pc-mouse, but none of them gets recognizet from my S8.
Maybe the S8 ist a peace of S****?
I think, that i stay on Auto RCM off and use a jig and the PC, because nothing else works.

Thank you.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With holding Volume up and then inject the payload, i was able to remove auto rcm. Now the Switch need the Jig.
But i am still not able to Inject via Mobile. My S8 dont still recognize the Switch. I tryed a lot of cables, but no one works.
I tryed a usb memory stick and my pc-mouse, but none of them gets recognizet from my S8.
Maybe the S8 ist a peace of S****?
I think, that i stay on Auto RCM off and use a jig and the PC, because nothing else works.

Thank you.
To be honest I haven't ever been able to get my note8 to work either. With or without those cables. My Galaxy S5 works just fine though. I guess I'm not much help here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo