Switch bricked after updating to 17.00

Bromaster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know im not supposed to update to 17.00, but I accidentally did so while trying to open an app. My switch is now bricked, does anybody know how I can unbrick it?
Thanks.

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Run the latest version of Atmosphere and that should correct it.
https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases

1698716065434.png

Bromaster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ensure that it's fully turned off by holding down the power button for ~20 seconds.
I've had it stuck with a black screen before a few times and after force-shutting it down that way and powering it back on tegrarcm recognized it.
just tried it to no avail, but it could be my usb-c cable.
ill have to try another one tomorrow and ill report back the result

Gritherdude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same thing happened to me, just have patience and it will turn back on. What I do is take the jig out and any wires, I hold down the power for 3 seconds let go, then press it again hold it down for 3 seconds, then again for 5 seconds and the regular Nintendo will pop up. After the original firmware loads up, take out the sd card, it'll say it needs to turn off. Once its turned off boot it up now with the updated Atmosphere and it'll be fine. Just make sure you download all the new signature patches so your games work. I loaded it up on 17 and none of my games worked. I had to do that ll over again and update the patches. Good luck

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I know im not supposed to update to 17.00, but I accidentally did so while trying to open an app. My switch is now bricked, does anybody know how I can unbrick it?
Thanks.
Instead of create a new thread, you could use the search bar at to. There is s thread dedicated to this issue, even have the solution

Bromaster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same thing happened to me, just have patience and it will turn back on. What I do is take the jig out and any wires, I hold down the power for 3 seconds let go, then press it again hold it down for 3 seconds, then again for 5 seconds and the regular Nintendo will pop up. After the original firmware loads up, take out the sd card, it'll say it needs to turn off. Once its turned off boot it up now with the updated Atmosphere and it'll be fine. Just make sure you download all the new signature patches so your games work. I loaded it up on 17 and none of my games worked. I had to do that ll over again and update the patches. Good luck
but what if I have autoRCM? would it still work?

Bromaster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doesn't seem to be working
Post automatically merged:

how would i be able to check if the tegraRCM drivers work?

Got it to work, user Lelton says :
" you need to press both the + and power button for 12+ whole seconds from an off switch. There should be no Nintendo flash on the screen when going into RCM mode, and you should hear windows sounds of the device attaching and detaching from Windows, wait the 12+ seconds"

Last edited by Bromaster,

Gritherdude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doesn't seem to be working

how would i be able to check if the tegraRCM drivers work?

Got it to work, user Lelton says :
" you need to press both the + and power button for 12+ whole seconds from an off switch. There should be no Nintendo flash on the screen when going into RCM mode, and you should hear windows sounds of the device attaching and detaching from Windows, wait the 12+ seconds"
So you got it to turn back on?? Or you got it to boot to your Atmosphere? Hopefully everything's good

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone