Question Switch bluescreen

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by RebelAngel, Oct 6, 2018.

1. RebelAngel
    OP

RebelAngel Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2018
    Poland
    Hello, i got a problem with my switch. I tried to upgrade the firmware to 6.0.0 using ChoiDujourNX but switch was showing an error after first reboot. I got a full backup of my nand with 4.1.0 firmware so i tried to use it with hekate_ctcaer to reverse the update. So after the backup my switch will not start original os and if i try to boot sx os 1.9 i got a blackscreen. I can still launch first sx os menu and send the payloads to switch from my pc. What can i do to actually use the switch properly?

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    When you restored your "backup", did you restore just the rawnand.bin or did you restore both the rawnand.bin as well as boot0/boot1?

3. RebelAngel
    OP

RebelAngel Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2018
    Poland
    just rawnand.bin

4. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Maybe you should try restoring boot0/boot1 and not just rawnand since boot0/boot1 are also firmware specific.

5. RebelAngel
    OP

RebelAngel Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2018
    Poland
    ok, i think it worked, thank you. Topic can be closed

6. kkcheong

kkcheong GBAtemp Regular

May 15, 2018
    Malaysia
    The moral of the story: update firmware officially

7. Ashura66

Ashura66 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    No, the moral of the story is know what you're doing and follow tutorials and take precautions before updating. PLENTY of people have updated via ChoiDuJour and never had this issue

XaneTenshi likes this.
  8. kkcheong

kkcheong GBAtemp Regular

May 15, 2018
    Malaysia
    But still there's many blue screen. And if you update officially, there will be zero problem. The moral of the story still don't use ChoidujourNX. Just update officially and you will be happy.

9. Dionicio3

Dionicio3 AyyMDionicio3

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    Hollister, CA
    Dude, people use ChoidujourNX because they're either banned or want to be able to downgrade

10. kkcheong

kkcheong GBAtemp Regular

May 15, 2018
    Malaysia
    I am talking about people who just started to crack Switch. And I think downgrade is overrated.

11. Dionicio3

Dionicio3 AyyMDionicio3

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    Hollister, CA
    Not everyone hacks to pirate, and downgrading is good just in case a hack that doesn't require RCM is released

12. Ashura66

Ashura66 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    Blue screens come down to human error, not the app itself. know what you're doing before starting and nothing will go wrong