Victorum

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone,

I'm having trouble with my Switch, and my knowledge ain't sufficient to diagnose what's wrong with it.

For a little bit of context: I tore apart my switch to transfer the motherboard to another good-looking switch enclosure, but while doing this, I mistakenly touched the mainboard (below the CPU shield) with my screwdriver while the battery was connected, and I have good reasons to think that this is were I screwed something up.

The problem now is that if I try to power the switch on, it immediately goes to a black screen (I don't even know if the screen is initialized). There is no Nintendo logo nor the Nintendo Switch logo. Nothing else, the switch stays on, and I've got to force-shutdown it.

I know there won't be something magic to resurrect this Switch, however I do want to know what is wrong with it, to try and repair it myself (even though it might be insanely stupid/high level for me to try it).

I noticed the switch can boot into Hekate, access all options, dump everything I need, and so on...
This confuses me to know what is wrong with the console, as it seems to run payloads fine.
Once I choose any boot entry in hekate or run fusee-primary, it only displays the boot logo for hekate/atmosphere, then goes to a black screen.

I've tried to restore my original eMMC backup that I made a while ago when following the switch.homebrew.guide, still no luck.
I've also tried running the gptrestore payload, hinking that I might have corruted my eMMC.

Can someone please help me to know what I can do to further diagnose my switch ?

Any help would be appreciated, and thanks to anyone brave enough to read my post. :)

Reactions: gforceroy

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

I'm having trouble with my Switch, and my knowledge ain't sufficient to diagnose what's wrong with it.

For a little bit of context: I tore apart my switch to transfer the motherboard to another good-looking switch enclosure, but while doing this, I mistakenly touched the mainboard (below the CPU shield) with my screwdriver while the battery was connected, and I have good reasons to think that this is were I screwed something up.

The problem now is that if I try to power the switch on, it immediately goes to a black screen (I don't even know if the screen is initialized). There is no Nintendo logo nor the Nintendo Switch logo. Nothing else, the switch stays on, and I've got to force-shutdown it.

I know there won't be something magic to resurrect this Switch, however I do want to know what is wrong with it, to try and repair it myself (even though it might be insanely stupid/high level for me to try it).

I noticed the switch can boot into Hekate, access all options, dump everything I need, and so on...
This confuses me to know what is wrong with the console, as it seems to run payloads fine.
Once I choose any boot entry in hekate or run fusee-primary, it only displays the boot logo for hekate/atmosphere, then goes to a black screen.

I've tried to restore my original eMMC backup that I made a while ago when following the switch.homebrew.guide, still no luck.
I've also tried running the gptrestore payload, hinking that I might have corruted my eMMC.

Can someone please help me to know what I can do to further diagnose my switch ?

Any help would be appreciated, and thanks to anyone brave enough to read my post. :)
How is the SD card formatted?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc