Hacking Switch battery life in sleep mode

RAGER

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
This means you hold a charge on sleep for 1.4 weeks as opposed to the projected 2.4 which is nearly 2x the rate over previous benchmarks.

You may want to try again without software running in the background next time (i.e. Mario Kart) and see if that rate decreases any. Assuming you are using SX OS and since it isn't open source, we can't really see what any of the patches are doing in the background. I'm curious if that could be contributing to the drain as well.
I tested it today. Was playing Resident Evil, then went to Home screen, closed RE and put console to sleep at 01:30am at 53%. At 18:30pm I woke it up at 46%. So another ~10% per 24h. The running game or not in the background while sleep does not matter at all.

Shadow LAG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested it today. Was playing Resident Evil, then went to Home screen, closed RE and put console to sleep at 01:30am at 53%. At 18:30pm I woke it up at 46%. So another ~10% per 24h. The running game or not in the background while sleep does not matter at all.

Thank you for testing that out. It appears this may be evidence something in firmware of SX OS causes an accelerated drain. Very odd.

pseudoSue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The emulation of having a "cart" in the slot might cause some battery drain, but who knows. Is there a way to "eject" the backup cart?

SavagePR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Unplugged my Switch from wall plug at 6am , Doom was running and switch in sleep mode, arrived home at 4:30pm , battery was at 97% using SX OS 1.3

I have never used Linux or Lakka on my Switch console

Last edited by SavagePR,
Reactions: pseudoSue

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxh52g2HP3s