Hacking Question Switch appears to be in RCM, Windows won't pick it up at all

Adrian1016

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've got a switch on 9.0.1 that I bought on ebay. It seems to be in pretty good condition, and has a serial of XAW70013* and shows as not patched (I know it being patched and RCM is not directly related, just stating it so it's known.)

I got it into RCM using a jig by turning it off, putting the jig in, holding the vol up, then hitting the power button. After, it just sits on a black screen like you would expect, so I plug it into my PC. Windows won't detect it at all, not even as an unknown device like others have had. It just does... nothing. It just sits on black screen, device manager shows nothing, TegraRCMGui shows nothing, zadig doesn't have it.

I've tried installing the driver with TegraRCMGui 2.6. I've also tried on 2 different windows 10 PCs, and 3 different cables (USB-C to A.) And I've tried putting it in RCM multiple times.

The device charges, so it seems like the port works fine. Overall, the device itself seems to work fine. Doesn't have any surface damage, save for one small scratch on a plastic part of the case near the vent. There's no damage at all around the USB port, and visually it looks fine I think.

At this point I'm kind of at a loss, any input would be great.

Edit: Also the reason I'm pretty sure it's in RCM is because it doesn't show signs of booting, and will not turn on until I hold the power in for ~15 seconds or so. Then it turns on first click, but until then I can click the power, plug it in and unplug it, and it just sits on black screen.
I can't help but if it makes you feel better i have literally the exact same problem as you

Coreinsaity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't help but if it makes you feel better i have literally the exact same problem as you

Hey, sorry I just saw this.

My issue ended up being something with the switch hardware. I sent that one back to the seller and got it replaced, the new one works pretty good so far.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think the factory making factories is unemployed lol +1