Aquarys

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone

Bought a nintendo switch, non patched, out of service.

Replaced the PI3USB chip, now the console works perfectly execept it does not dock.

When placed in the caddie, the led turns GREEN, the LCD goes black but nothing shown on the TV (dock tested with an other console OK)

Replaced all 5 filters as well, no improvement.

Any idea to troubleshoot ?

Thank you

Reactions: HollowGrams

Chocola

GBAtemp Meowgular
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
You check the USB C port? Maybe on attempt to repair it they replace or try to resolder the port and damage some pin.

Put some flush on soldered pins of connector (up and down) and reflow the solder joints a bit, if you check the filters and resistances of p13usb and isn't shorted, definitively should be a connector issue or one of his lines.

As adition... you try the USB ports of the dock? are working? not only for power, check if they can transfer data connecting one device, like a pro controller for example.

Last edited by Chocola,

Aquarys

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've soldered a new USB-C connector.

Data transfert and charging are OK in both orientations, so my guess is the problem is elsewhere.

Chocola

GBAtemp Meowgular
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I've soldered a new USB-C connector.

Data transfert and charging are OK in both orientations, so my guess is the problem is elsewhere.

You check the ceramic capacitors and resistors connected to chipset too or only the 5 filters?

Maybe some are open and break the video line, if p13usb get shorted or damaged it's common that some connected cause the short or burn when chip get damaged.

Last edited by Chocola,

Aquarys

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i've checked every single capacitor or resistor, nothing obvious.

Is there a table of value for the resistors ?

Aquarys

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
today i tried with a new PI3USB chip, no luck. Same beahviour.

Data comm + charging is ok in both directions. Chokes are not shorted neither the caps to GND.

ppzikos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi' , test your usb : https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-repairing-damaged-or-lifted-pads-on-usb-c-port.559524/
after test all pin on your p13 but on component around , in diode mode all pin have value ( 0.3 -0.6 environ) exept gnd. (p13 is difficult to good solder ) , if your multimeter screen OL on a pin , p13 not solder proprely.
sorry in french :
test d'abord ton usb avec le lien citée plus haut.
test en mode diode tout tes pin de p13, mais test les sur les composant au alentour , tu met ton fils rouge du multimetre a la masse , et tu test avec le fil noir. toute les pins de p13 on une valeur entre 0.3 et 0.6 environ , sauf les masse qui on seront a zero. , si ton multimetre affiche OL sur une pin alors p13 n'est pas bien soudé.

bye ,

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone

Bought a nintendo switch, non patched, out of service.

Replaced the PI3USB chip, now the console works perfectly execept it does not dock.

When placed in the caddie, the led turns GREEN, the LCD goes black but nothing shown on the TV (dock tested with an other console OK)

Replaced all 5 filters as well, no improvement.

Any idea to troubleshoot ?

Thank you

Just got a no dock switch myself

Replaced:
charge port
P13USB
M92

Bad filter next to P13USB replaced

Still no docking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: is gta v or call of duty still up?