Hacking Sweet Lord!!! Wiiware & wiiflow=Rockett Science??

prpro1204

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying to figure out guides on how to play all my wiiware games which I've put in SD root\wad folder & access them via WiiFlow loader. I have been messing w/ this issue for two weeks now and am just about ready to forget the whole thing. I do not understand the "lingo" on these guides like "nand" and boot.dols, etc...& apparently there are many differ ways to go about this which gets jumble together & confuses me even more, therefore I only want to use the easiest method to go about this stuff. Heard and read about another loader I must have called Triiforce but again, instructions were too confusing
I am wondering if someone who actually plays wiiware oo their wiiflow & could give simple step-by-step instructions that a non-techno mom like me could understand. I use a usb HDD to store and load all game iso's via Wiiflow 2.2 while all apps and wiiware are loaded on sd card Wii is soft-modded w/ homebrew and wad manager 1.7\ios 36 & 38 rev 17 and 19 and iso249 installed if this helps in any way.
I would appreciate someone's help if possible.

Thanks

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I'm no wiz but i know this: triiforce needs cios 17 (base 38) installed into slot 249. Also the creator of triiforce, Mark R. is updating it and it's now called mighty channels which should work with cios 17 & 21.

So the first question is, where have you got cios 17 installed? If it is installed it will prbably be in slot 249 cos thats where it installs by default. You can check this using syscheck or something and post the results here.

The next question would be: do you have bootmii installed? (I guess again that the answer is yes in some form or other else your wii wouldn't be modded). Is it as boot2 or IOS? And do you have a backup of the wii system memory (AKA NAND). You need this backup for triiforce/mighty channels to work - or use Simple FSDumper from the homebrew channel.

If you can give a bit more info I'm sure the guys on here can help make it simpler. Sometimes there are too many guides and it gets confusing
smile.gif

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
prpro1204 said:
I do not understand the "lingo" on these guides like "nand" and boot.dols, etc...
Erm...I don't mean offense, but I strongly suggest you learn this 'lingo' before you go about thinking things like these. The complete softmod guide (see stickies) have this glossary about terms here, but that alone won't make you understand some of the inner workings of a wii.

The reason? Wiiflow cannot run wiiware. It can, however, have something like shortcuts that automatically do some stuff behind the scenes that make it appear as if wiiflow runs it. The details are...well, I wouldn't say it is complex...but it builds upon knowledge that you are lacking. It's like trying to tell someone how to drive a Formula-1 car to someone who doesn't even have his driver's license.

So...sorry if this sounds arrogant, but running wiiware from wiiflow is reserved for the "techno moms". Either study up or forget about it.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Wever said:
prpro1204 said:
I do not understand the "lingo" on these guides like "nand" and boot.dols, etc...
Erm...I don't mean offense, but I strongly suggest you learn this 'lingo' before you go about thinking things like these. The complete softmod guide (see stickies) have this glossary about terms here, but that alone won't make you understand some of the inner workings of a wii.

The reason? Wiiflow cannot run wiiware. It can, however, have something like shortcuts that automatically do some stuff behind the scenes that make it appear as if wiiflow runs it. The details are...well, I wouldn't say it is complex...but it builds upon knowledge that you are lacking. It's like trying to tell someone how to drive a Formula-1 car to someone who doesn't even have his driver's license.

So...sorry if this sounds arrogant, but running wiiware from wiiflow is reserved for the "techno moms". Either study up or forget about it.

I agree, and you're not sounding arrogant, just honest. Best to know the jargon and understand what your actually doing. It will probably save another "OMG I BRICKED MY WII!!!!!!!!!" type thread. Its what these guides were compiled for in the first place

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Actually,I agree with the TC
Wiiflow and Wiiware is a match made in heaven.I wait this feature for ages (even I don't know anything about programing lol)
But,is it possible in a future version of Wiiflow to add VC and Wiiware loading from USB or SD or it is simply impossible?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
panmusic said:
But,is it possible in a future version of Wiiflow to add VC and Wiiware loading from USB or SD or it is simply impossible?
Like I said: it is - in a way - already possible. I have my wiiware covers amidst my wii covers in wiiflow.

The catch? First you have to set up an emulated nand on your USB or SD card. Then you have to use showmiiwads to install wads to that emulated nand. Third, you have to check with triiforce if the wiiware actually runs on that emulated nand (not all games are compatible, and there are specific cIOS'es required as well) and if so: with what settings. Fourth, you have to drag the wad into wad2iso and give it the settings found in step 3. Wad2iso will then create an iso that can be installed in wiiflow just like any other wii game. Just remember that it will black screen if any of the previous steps aren't executed well.

In another answer: I heard mention that the wiiflow team was thinking in the lines of emulating the nand. Not sure if that means they intend to support wiiware/VC in the future, but it certainly wasn't a high priority to them.

@bazamuffin: thanx for the support.
smile.gif
(I have to mention that it's pretty much impossible to brick your wii while trying any of those steps, but that's a detail)

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks for your reply Wever!
I suppose it is too much of a hassle that way,And certainly,I do not have the experience to try something like that without risking brick the Wii.I was thinking something easier and executable automatically via Wiiflow (or Cfg Loader).

prpro1204

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate the "straiight shooting"...I guess since I was able to conquer the soft-mod along w/ iso usb loading I was really hoping I could find an easy enough guide to figure out playing wiiware via wiiflow. I just HATE Nintendo's way of swapping wiiwares back & forth from sd to wii system in order to free enough memory to play one!

In the meantime, maybe wiiflow will come up w/ a way to allow wiiware support.

Thanks guys!!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c