Hacking Swapping Micro SD card for R4

dawgbowl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend purchased me a used R4 card with a 2GB Micro SD Sandisk card.

I was able to plug it in to my DSlite and play the existing games as well as add my own. (I had a DSextreme previously)

I went out today to best buy and purchased a 16 GB PNY micro SD card for more space. When I copied over the data of the 2GB card to the 16GB, my DS would lock up at the 'loading...' screen while using the 16GB card. The 2GB still works properly.

The 2GB Micro SD card is using Moonshell 2. I have tried formatting the 16GB card (just windows formatting to fat32) several times and also searched for various versions of moonshell 2, 2.10 being the latest one I tried. All versions yielded the same results.

I am aware from this site that there are plenty of 'fake' cards out there. Unfortunately, being a gift, I really have no way of knowing what my R4 truly is without the original box. The cartridge reads...

R4
Revolution for DS
(NDSL/NDS)

I picked this forum because it may be Micro SD related. ADMIN please move this post if it should be in a different location.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah you've got the original R4 model, which has no SDHC support.

I'd advice against going out and getting a cart with "SDHC" in the title, though. SDHC support has been a part of all major carts for years, and the ones with "SDHC" in the title aren't recommended.

http://gbatemp.net/t290097-which-flash-cart-should-i-get

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.