Hacking SW64 on Wii - Injected S&P VC Channel

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey
I injected a snes rom in DK 2 (successfully)
But after instal on wii I still get DK2
frown.gif
weird help please?

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
creffca said:
I was told that the cert folder issue can be resolved with a reboot. If more people confirm this it'll give me a starting point for why the cert error is happening.
I just did a complete restart, and I still get the cert error.
Just to let you know, I'm using Vista.
Anything I can say to help.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did it!
I did the usual process up until the readme says to close WadTool.
Before I closed WadTool, I opened up another command line window and use wadunpacker.exe to unpack Sin & Punishment.
I let it do it's work and then I closed Wadtool.
I didn't get a cert error.

creffca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CHANGES v2:
-Homebrew injection support (DOL only)!
-To use homebrew injection you must have a host homebrew channel wad (such as the snes9x channel)
-None of the common errors (wad install, cert error) have been fixed, but working on it

Download

Usage for homebrew is the same as vc, injectuwad . You CANNOT inject a homebrew dol into a VC title, you MUST inject into a homebrew wad. You can find a few homebrew wads at wiibrew.org. If you have been having trouble injecting VC wads, please be cautious when using this. In fact, I'd recommend injecting homebrew apps ONLY if you know what you're doing. For those of you that do try it, let us know how it goes.

EDIT: Thanks miles! I may have an idea what the issue is now (maybe).

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're welcome.
Also thanks for making this program.
It's a wonderful alternative to hex editors and file joiners.
Thanks to you, you pretty much sparked a VC hacking frenzy.

Athrador

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
creffca, first of all congratulations for the program, to me work perfect since the second release.

But, is there a method to extract/replace the manual? To change the language for example

Timbaman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For those of you getting a 4kb wad file, do you have the common-key(.bin) in the same folder as injectuwad? Because I tried the new version, and got a 4kb wad file, but with the older version I had a complete wad file. I then inserted common-key.bin into the newer versions folder, and it worked
biggrin.gif

So I suggest trying this first.
You also have to have common-key.bin file in the .wii folder in your c:/documents and settings/(USER)/.wii directory so you won't get the common key not found error.

elenar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just as a note, for those of us using Vista, there is no C:/Documents and Settings and it also won't let you make one.

Is this the reason it can't find it under vista? I've put it in C:/Users/Name/.wii and it still doesn't find it.

sigma.nl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
when I inject a rom in the DKC2 Wad I recieve the following error:
open (getfile) 00000100.app: No such file or directory and the output wad is 6K

@Possible rom found: 'jbdp.rom' at 0xc0800, len: 0x40000
@Inject to this entry? (y, n)
@Rom size: 0x400000
@Entry size: 0x400000
@Injecting rom data into host wad...
@Waiting for bannertool...
@Using sha1.exe to calculate sha1 of 00000005.app
@Using sha1.exe to calculate sha1 of 00000000.app
open (getfile) 00000100.app: No such file or directory

when I do the same with another wad (SSF II) and this rom I get a normal size Wad.
It seems to be looking for a 00000100.app my *.app files goes from 1 till 7 where
does it get the 100 from
any idea?

cman1783

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can successfully create wads and installed a few. But I'm having problems with any SNES ones i try to make including ones confirmed working for other people. I've also gotten error -4100(?) when installing the last couple i've tried to make.

shadow_cruiser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
elenar said:
Just as a note, for those of us using Vista, there is no C:/Documents and Settings and it also won't let you make one.

Is this the reason it can't find it under vista? I've put it in C:/Users/Name/.wii and it still doesn't find it.

I also have this same problem, can someone shed some light on this with the new vista folder structure?

NikoK

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
creffca said:
CHANGES v2:
-Homebrew injection support (DOL only)!
-To use homebrew injection you must have a host homebrew channel wad (such as the snes9x channel)
-None of the common errors (wad install, cert error) have been fixed, but working on it

Download

Usage for homebrew is the same as vc, injectuwad . You CANNOT inject a homebrew dol into a VC title, you MUST inject into a homebrew wad. You can find a few homebrew wads at wiibrew.org. If you have been having trouble injecting VC wads, please be cautious when using this. In fact, I'd recommend injecting homebrew apps ONLY if you know what you're doing. For those of you that do try it, let us know how it goes.

EDIT: Thanks miles! I may have an idea what the issue is now (maybe).
So does this mean if I get the snes 9x gx 1.43 wad I can inject FCE WIi and Genplus into it and make custom channels from it?!?! If only we had Banner editing now
frown.gif

creffca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nikok, that's exactly what this means (assuming both those apps run off of a single .dol). My test runs injected hugo and tetris without a problem.

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
coulple of questions.

Am I correct in believing all the tools are already in the pack? (excluding the key, of course)

Where should I place it and name it? I´ve tried just renaming it .wii and place it in C:\Documents and Settings\(user)
When I do this the program craps out because the .des files are place outside the .wii file.

Am I suposed to have separate program and .wii files, and what belongs in them?

Thanks for any specific help in advance.

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
NikoK said:
So does this mean if I get the snes 9x gx 1.43 wad I can inject FCE WIi and Genplus into it and make custom channels from it?!?! If only we had Banner editing now
frown.gif

There's always been that possibility since wadpacker release.

cman1783

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
callmebob said:
coulple of questions.

Am I correct in believing all the tools are already in the pack? (excluding the key, of course)

Where should I place it and name it? I´ve tried just renaming it .wii and place it in C:\Documents and Settings\(user)
When I do this the program craps out because the .des files are place outside the .wii file.

Am I suposed to have separate program and .wii files, and what belongs in them?

Thanks for any specific help in advance.

I have that same problem with the .des files. What i do is, after wadtool is done (before closing it) is move the .des files into the .wii folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ... +1