Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

SvSIP (20070916) 4th public release

A VoIP application for DS, by samuelv

Homebrew author samuelv has released the fourth public version of his SvSIP homebrew that lets you transform your DS into a VoIP device!
samuelv said:
Fourth public version: Correct bug with IP address including 10 or 100. Volume control of micro in config file. Switch off wifi and reboot the DS a the end.
[title:SvSIP 4th release]SvSIP is an application that lets you use your DS as a SIP phone.

You need an SIP account to use it.

DLDI PATCHING REQUIRED.

Instructions

# Uncompress zip files in the filesystem root of your memory card.

# You must have directory: svsip.

# In this, directory you must define parameters of your SIP account.

# You must use another application like Mario Kart DS to configure wifi.

# Be careful to your number before calling, the keyboard doesn't always work correctly.

# Press 'A' to quit application

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Home page

zone97

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have determined through testing that the software does NOT work on all DS's why? I havent figured that out yet.. I have 2 DS, using the same R4 card, works on one not the other? They both seem to have the same firmware? Does anyone know if the last number in the serial# area in the box [6] represents the firmware revision? If so the one that works is a [5] and the one that doesnt is a [6] both unit have had wifi tested and confirmed working. This is the only thing I can think of.

as for those who need a sip account, as mentioned in another post voipbuster.com works. It is sort of confusing at first, for myself untill someone explained it.. you MUST download there program and install it on your PC inorder to CREATE an account. Once you do this you can remove the software if you like. Then use the following config setup.

------------------------------------------------

# This is a comment in the config file.

# Set domain sip provider (example: freephonie.net)
--domain sip.voipbuster.com

# Set authentication username
--username your user name here!

# Set authentication password
--password your password here!

# Optional registration interval (default 55) (for freephonie set 1800)
--reg-timeout 1800

# Optional microphone volume (default 1.0)
--micro-vol 3.0

-------------------------------------------------

only change the bolded items. (rest is optional)

I'm still working on the "why some work and others dont", I have another 2 DS coming to test with.

zone97

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Plot thickens....

Ok black DS that works.... will work with DHCP completely.
Pink DS that doesnt... will get a DHCP address but.... errors with 52200 when testing the connection..

My router reports its wireless mac address and name, but will fail the connection test.. If I fill in the information manually, It will test fine and work, but the SVSIP fails. So those who can not get this to work, see if you are using DHCP or setting the settings manually.

stonefry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well this is just great. I got it to work, but I am sure the solution will not help anybody.

I tried to get this working originally in my office at work. The router is WIDE open, no WEP no MAC filtering. I have the port that SvSIP uses forwarded. My ds connects fine in Mario Kart, but SvSIP no workie.

At home, for kicks, I open up my DS at 11:30 last night and give it a shot. Works on the 1st try, no problem. The router that I have at home is the exact same model Netgear router, except it has WEP & Mac filtering turned on and I did not forward the port that SvSIP uses.
wtf.gif

Good luck!

-stonefry

zone97

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well this is just great. I got it to work, but I am sure the solution will not help anybody.

I tried to get this working originally in my office at work. The router is WIDE open, no WEP no MAC filtering. I have the port that SvSIP uses forwarded. My ds connects fine in Mario Kart, but SvSIP no workie.

At home, for kicks, I open up my DS at 11:30 last night and give it a shot. Works on the 1st try, no problem. The router that I have at home is the exact same model Netgear router, except it has WEP & Mac filtering turned on and I did not forward the port that SvSIP uses.Â
wtf.gif

Good luck!

-stonefry

So far out of 3 units only 1 has worked, I wonder if that one was flashed and the others never were? I have one more coming back from rapair. will see if that one works.

mollekemiel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nice,

well done samuelv.

Working great with voipbuster

But it needs some more config options.

for example with my local provider a need to enter a username and a different authorisation username.

EDIT: using M3CF with a flashed ds

zone97

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok just got my ds back from repair. (cracked hinge again)

anyway, my ds had been flashed and then noflash added. and it works with SVSIP. I believe the other one I had had also been flashed.

Could you guys report if you have it working and if the unit had been flashed or not?

P

pasc

I still can't phone myself, that guy keeps blabering about "sorry, but you dialed an invailed number, please make sure to call two zeros, country code and then the subscriber number....

For if I would like to call someone I would have to call:

0049 08221/xxxxxx ?

How did you guys solve this problem ? I use 1800 whatever in the config as standard (I use voipbuster, and still don't get it to work)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Can't forget me fr