Homebrew svdt: save data explorer/manager

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! It seems I was missing the asr.dat file.

I'm now currently dumping AC.

BTW, can this be used to put the save file back? Or I must use another tool?
you can change any of the files in the game's save (so backing up and restoring). it also supports "fixing" the secure value for digital games like ACNL.

Reactions: Deleted-376337

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
you can change any of the files in the game's save (so backing up and restoring). it also supports "fixing" the secure value for digital games like ACNL.
Awesome, thanks for the help!
Just dumped every save file I needed.

Now I can format my SD to use emuNAND without grief.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using this for the first time with a gateway 3ds card and my games are card 1 based games that make .sav files. I also have super mario 3d land installed on the sd card that is inside of the 3ds. I started this up with super mario 3d land and i go inside of it's folder and i find a gamedata.bin file. I then restart it and load up both super smash bros and sonic generations but when i go inside of those folders, i do not see a gamedata.bin file and when i click on my gateway .sav files nothing happens. Does this work with card 1 type games that has it's save file seperate from the game as a .sav?

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using this for the first time with a gateway 3ds card and my games are card 1 based games that make .sav files. I also have super mario 3d land installed on the sd card that is inside of the 3ds. I started this up with super mario 3d land and i go inside of it's folder and i find a gamedata.bin file. I then restart it and load up both super smash bros and sonic generations but when i go inside of those folders, i do not see a gamedata.bin file and when i click on my gateway .sav files nothing happens. Does this work with card 1 type games that has it's save file seperate from the game as a .sav?
Also does it only work with gamedata.bin files?

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
I guess svdt could be redesigned to work as savedatafiler, but that would need directly reading the save directories, while it now uses the savegame partition functions that usermode provides (thus having access only to that game's savedata).

It might be possible though to modify HBL in some way that svdt is launched under the process ID of 9.6+ games but with the decryption set, since there's already a user made database of 9.6+ key (seeddb.bin I think).
I don't really know how would that work, I expect hax 3.0 to deal with this in some way. I think I'll ask at 3dsdev, see what I get (don't think I have the skills to implement it f it is possible though).

>< pretty much the only game I wanted to keep the save of before formatting & downgrading.
You don't need to format before downgrading. SD card "might" be advised to be formated, but you can backup your sd data on pc and restore it after downgrade.

After you get emunand with a copy of sysnand runing use savedatafiler to get you HHD data, then you can format sysnand, emunand or whatever and restore.

Reactions: iepuras

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to format before downgrading. SD card "might" be advised to be formated, but you can backup your sd data on pc and restore it after downgrade.

After you get emunand with a copy of sysnand runing use savedatafiler to get you HHD data, then you can format sysnand, emunand or whatever and restore.
formatting I think is the only solution to some New3DS users who get soft bricks during downgrading. at least until something else comes up.

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
formatting I think is the only solution to some New3DS users who get soft bricks during downgrading. at least until something else comes up.
Well, now that 1.04 is up I guess it is better to ensure the downgrade.

BUT a decrypt9/emunand9 version that uses memchunkhax2 could make a sysnand backup before downgrading, so nothing would be lost even when formatting sysnand since you could use your previous sysnand as emunand. But this is going offtopic.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, now that 1.04 is up I guess it is better to ensure the downgrade.

BUT a decrypt9/emunand9 version that uses memchunkhax2 could make a sysnand backup before downgrading, so nothing would be lost even when formatting sysnand since you could use your previous sysnand as emunand. But this is going offtopic.
Decrypt9/EmuNAND9 relies on ARM9 for raw NAND access, and the only ARM9 kexploit above 9.4 is ntrcardhax I think. anyway...

ericling

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
When I try copying Story of Seasons saves from Retail Cartridge into cia, I got this error message:

svdt has encountered an error, and has halted to protect your data. Press START to exit.

How can I solve this?

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
When I try copying Story of Seasons saves from Retail Cartridge into cia, I got this error message:

svdt has encountered an error, and has halted to protect your data. Press START to exit.

How can I solve this?
Probably you haven't made a savegame yet in your cia version of the game.

The way svdt detects free space in the savegame partition I think is by extrapolating what the contents of the partition and their size is, if you try to write something bigger it will error out even if there's free space.
If there's no savegame when at svdt's boot, you can't write anything.

This could be adressed since there's a (working) free save partition space function, or at least prompt a warning instead of the standard write error, but for savegame you most likely are overwriting or deleting to reset the save, so the problem were you write to a blank savedata partition is not common.

can we dump our save files from legit cia's with this tool?
Except for happy home designer, yes.

Reactions: gangs_08

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Grindr date?