Hacking [Suspended] ARM11 kernel access project

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah maxconsole, i used to follow these forums too.
No, not installing cia files, i mean a app like wiiflow with a game list and all, and loads raw .3ds files straight away from sd card slot, a app that launches games. Wiiflow can load .iso files and play them from sd card and usb, and wii and 3ds are similar, so why not load .3ds from sd card with an app in homebrew launcher without a kernel exploit. So the app shows a game list and you can launch each .3ds file you press a to load it just like on the wii. And also an option to dump any game on a cart that is inserted into the sd card and play it straight away

Last edited by ironmaster49,

Woody8275

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Very good, well is it possible to make a app that loads .3ds files/backups without kernel access on ninjhax 2.1? Kind of like wiiflow, loaded from homebrew launcher

No, it does not have a kernel, the 3ds firmware has one. A kernel exploit is just root level permissions loading but you may just be joking
Dont you need kernel access to install wii flow on the wii in the first place since there is no way to make the homebrew channel have its own channel on 9.9 3ds to install it you need kernel access also in user mode not every part of the console can be used thats why emulators are very slow in user mode

Last edited by Woody8275,

djbrianz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that's the issue, a new O3DS XL is way over my budget as I live in South America and the prices are inflated as hell. I was looking to buy a used one, but I guess it's harder to find one under 9.2 since there's always a chance that the previous user updated it unknowingly. Oh well.
So do I bro...expensive as hell

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here's a thing a lot of devs can probably relate with - ninjhax 2 (and etc) is excellent for homebrew to the point where you're probably not going to be able to find skilled devs who will help with downgrade-minded stuff. like you can get 124mb of ram and 2 cores running at 3x old3ds speed through a variety of unpatched entrypoints. besides some hbloader/libctru quirks that're being worked out (and that still apply to cia homebrew even), thats a very very solid homebrew environment.
anything beyond that is, in the eyes of a lot of people including me, basically just extra for piracy. i actually dont mean to start a piracy discussion (god knows ive seen enough), its just that thats the demeanor people familiar with the platform tend to have.
nintendo's like a good pal. publicizing stuff for the sake of piracy would feel like pushing that good pal down a really long flight of stairs.

tl;dr people who want a kernel exploit are jerks who like pushing people down stairs
I don't want another piracy debate because who would optionally want to enter hell? Anyway what I mean to say is that since you've been pushing a ton of information from your research to 3Dbrew, I was meaning that you could look at everything that you can pull out of the exploit, and if there's a way to get arm9, you'd have yourself your own little private research grounds for the latest firmware (+N3DS emundand) until it's publicly released. :ha:

Reactions: Margen67

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here's a thing a lot of devs can probably relate with - ninjhax 2 (and etc) is excellent for homebrew to the point where you're probably not going to be able to find skilled devs who will help with downgrade-minded stuff. like you can get 124mb of ram and 2 cores running at 3x old3ds speed through a variety of unpatched entrypoints. besides some hbloader/libctru quirks that're being worked out (and that still apply to cia homebrew even), thats a very very solid homebrew environment.
anything beyond that is, in the eyes of a lot of people including me, basically just extra for piracy. i actually dont mean to start a piracy discussion (god knows ive seen enough), its just that thats the demeanor people familiar with the platform tend to have.
nintendo's like a good pal. publicizing stuff for the sake of piracy would feel like pushing that good pal down a really long flight of stairs.

tl;dr people who want a kernel exploit are jerks who like pushing people down stairs

Kernel exploits are not just for piracy. I plan on changing my 3DS' region, and also, for people who want emulators to back up and play their old cartridges on the go, the dynarec core in the 3DS requires kernel access. Every emulator out for 3DS right now is running on an interpreter. An interpreter literally reads and executes the ROM's code itself in realtime, which is very slow. Dynarec will take all the code, tear it down, and convert it to binary, which is much faster but a little less accurate. Optimization can only do so much right now. Plus, having kernel access means having FULL control over the system, meaning, let's say you want to make a homebrew game. You actually have more power in your hands than what you get with the official 3DS Development Kit.

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
One could spend hours arguing about piracy and how it's affecting the industry, but the truth is that kernel access - be it ARM11 for downgrading or ARM9 for removing security sig checks is convenient even to those who are not interested in playing commercial games for free - as it allows people to back up their NANDs, spoof their regions to access other region's e-shops, decrypt their legally owned games for use in emulators for PC, dynamic recompilation and whatnot.

Denying users the possibility to make use of all these wonderful things because it'll lead to piracy is, in my opinion, stunting the growth of the scene.

But then again we're talking entirely hypothetical scenarios, and the exploit might not even exist, or if it does, it might not be usable. So let's not get worked up over nothing.

Death78793

What is this, a first person shooter?
Trophies
XP
Country
So OP, how it's going ? did you find something interesting, an entrypoint, ??
OP is currently not searching for entrypoints and has gone full on with the exploit that would allow ARM11/ARM9(if it can be done); which is not a bad idea since having an entrypoint would mean nothing if you can't use it to load anything.

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
OP is currently not searching for entrypoints and has gone full on with the exploit that would allow ARM11/ARM9(if it can be done); which is not a bad idea since having an entrypoint would mean nothing if you can't use it to load anything.

Could Yellows8 browserhax be used as an entrypoint?

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
The whole idea behind this would be using browserhax, but yellows8 has only released the browserhax common; not the exploit itself.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but I figured I might ask. After all, this whole thread spawned from a discussion on the release of said entrypoint, so it only makes sense.

Death78793

What is this, a first person shooter?
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, but, after all, "browserhax common" is also an entrypoint!
Actually, the browserhax common is an ROPchain generator; it generates an ROPchain to be loaded via an exploit (such as the unreleased new 3DS browserhax)
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but I figured I might ask. After all, this whole thread spawned from a discussion on the release of said entrypoint, so it only makes sense.
Asking questions is the best way to learn!

Reactions: lemanuel

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, figured I'd post something really quick. All exploit development is halted for a week to catch up with school, but I'll still be researching. As far as entrypoint, any will work, but me and @Death78793 have been working on a side project of getting browserhax working.
So I can stop hounding this thread for a week? :P
*goes off to work on his own school work*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I gotta buy new windshield wipers pretty soon least they're cheap so many different brands these days
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Costco actually, Its a Diehard battery.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Heard ceramic is the material to go with now
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But mine has 5 hamsters in it...Top of the line.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I thought batteries came with 6 hamsters? what did you do to the 6th hamster?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Him being in Ohio probably fried it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hot seller in Ohio https://a.co/d/5M1McyB
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    These are selling out quickly, hard to find:
    sprinfieldcookbook-png.458855
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You'd think it would have documents on that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    This damn tower fan is leaking oil lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe its made by Diddy Co.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got arrested flipping the switch to hide all evidence
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So that's why every useless gadget has wifi now
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet lube sales have plumented...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Baby oil and lube are two words only mj would say together
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I had one of those suction cup phone holders on my windshield must've got so hot it melted and fell off pain to clean
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Why clean it if it melted, just buy a new one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because it melted onto the windshield
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Then just buy a new windshield...
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    20 dollars is 20 dollars lol
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Chewy chiwawa Jerky
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anyone here
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: anyone here