Hacking [Suspended] ARM11 kernel access project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woody8275

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Any way to fix an unresponsive game card slot since I can no longer play any games I bought as card which are all my games (except sending it to nintendo)

Last edited by Woody8275,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of the reasons why I want kernel access is because my card slot is becoming unresponsive so I want to store my games digitally as Nintendo would probably charge my the price of 2 new games to fix it

Also i want it for the sake of having full control over the device, and its cool to do NAND mods and having homebrew on your home menu ready to be launched

This is about the same for me. I own every 3DS game I play, and I play them on a hacked N3DS XL on 9.0 (9.4 Emunand) I would much rather be able to cart around just the device and not a fist full of carts as well when I go on a trip, but atm save encryption and the lack of save editing on the console has prevented that.

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
Any way to fix an unresponsive game card slot
Open up your 3ds desolder the game card slot and install a new one, or get a kernel exploit to play your games or sell your 3ds for a new one, and yeah i don't want to carry around lots of carts with the device

Woody8275

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Open up your 3ds desolder the game card slot and install a new one, or get a kernel exploit to play your games or sell your 3ds for a new one, and yeah i don't want to carry around lots of carts with the device
How can I do that also who would buy a 3ds with a broken slot

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If his card slot is unresponsive, he may be out of luck even if we get a new kernel exploit. Almost every exploit released lately requires a physical cart or a game that is typically pulled from the eshop VERY quickly. He would need both the exploit and a way to trigger it that doesn't require a game.

How can I do that also who would buy a 3ds with a broken slot

You sell it for parts/as-is. There are plenty of people that will pay for a system with a functional mainboard and displays. Hell last I checked I was looking at $30+ for a pair of OEM displays for my busted DS Lite.

Last edited by Aroth,
Reactions: Margen67

Woody8275

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If his card slot is unresponsive, he may be out of luck even if we get a new kernel exploit. Almost every exploit released lately requires a physical cart or a game that is typically pulled from the eshop VERY quickly. He would need both the exploit and a way to trigger it that doesn't require a game.
Not really as you could install custom firmware via sd card (if it becomes available for 9.9)

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
Which is why we need a kernel exploit, it can be launched from youtube tubehax, which is still on eshop and works, and my 3ds is truly broke :( because no kernel exploit and i tried to hardmod to downgrade it :P and i had to do that because of no kernel exploit

Last edited by ironmaster49,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really as you could install custom firmware via sd card (if it becomes available for 9.9)

I haven't heard of any CFW that installs via SD card without triggering an exploit first.

Which is why we need a kernel exploit, it can be launched from youtube tubehax, which is still on eshop and works, and my 3ds is truly broke :( because no kernel exploit and i tried to hardmod to downgrade it :P and i had to do that because of no kernel exploit

Assuming the exploit is triggerable via tubehax. It may require an entirely new entry point.

Reactions: Zidapi and Margen67

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
The OP said that the entry point can be any existing one, can be tubehax, he said you can use any if it comes out

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The OP said that the entry point can be any existing one, can be tubehax, he said you can use any if it comes out

Ah, I didn't catch that part. Well if any potential kernel access is achieved via an existing entry point, the yeah, he would be fine.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Not if you are above 9.2 I have a o3ds at 9.9
If we achieve kernel access you SHOULD be able to do the mset downgrade regardless of your current firmware (from what i understand anyways), assuming you have a N3DS and not an O3DS.

Or have we managed to get the mset downgrade to work on the O3DS as well finally?

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
At least my card slot finnaly responds now
Very good, well is it possible to make a app that loads .3ds files/backups without kernel access on ninjhax 2.1? Kind of like wiiflow, loaded from homebrew launcher

wait tubehax has kernel? hype
cue 100 pages about ninjhax2 having kernel
No, it does not have a kernel, the 3ds firmware has one. A kernel exploit is just root level permissions loading but you may just be joking

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very good, well is it possible to make a app that loads .3ds files/backups without kernel access on ninjhax 2.1? Kind of like wiiflow, loaded from homebrew launcher

No, it does not have a kernel, the 3ds firmware has one. A kernel exploit is just root level permissions loading but you may just be joking
It's an in-joke about how for a short time people were convinced ninjhax had kernel

Reactions: ComeTurismO
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    These are selling out quickly, hard to find:
    sprinfieldcookbook-png.458855
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You'd think it would have documents on that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    This damn tower fan is leaking oil lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe its made by Diddy Co.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got arrested flipping the switch to hide all evidence
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So that's why every useless gadget has wifi now
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet lube sales have plumented...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Baby oil and lube are two words only mj would say together
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I had one of those suction cup phone holders on my windshield must've got so hot it melted and fell off pain to clean
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Why clean it if it melted, just buy a new one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because it melted onto the windshield
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Then just buy a new windshield...
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    20 dollars is 20 dollars lol
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Chewy chiwawa Jerky
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anyone here
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    @Xdqwerty me an hour after you asked
    +1
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    Anyways, maybe I should consider using Linux. It's gotten to the point where Microsoft is forcing people to upgrade or they can't access Microsoft teams or necessary updates.
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    (From 10 to 11)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Kirbydogs, I still havent moved from windows 8.1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, I'm just happy to use Linux whenever I want. :P
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, btw how r u?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Alright. I fell asleep lol.
    +1