Gaming Survival Horror?

• Thread starter scubersteve
  • Start date
  • Views 2,573
  • Replies 14
S

scubersteve

OP
Can someone please suggest a good one for me?
I wanna put on headphones and play on the subway.
Then, when something scary happens, I can get starteled, and creep out the people around me.
=D

I have played:
Resident Evil (not much shock value, if you ask me)
Dementium (god, this was repetative)

Suggest away!

j5c077

some old guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not really

theres silent hill of course, eternal darkness (ftw) and some other titles like haunting ground and clock tower

laminaatplaat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
eternal darkness on the ds ??

I liked it on the gamecube
biggrin.gif

EDIT: cant find info about a ds version
unsure.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
There's only RE and Demntium on the DS. With all the old remakes going on I'm really hoping somepody ports Deep Fear, it kicked RE's ass! I don't think there's any more survival horror coming either, Hadrian would be the best guy to ask.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
not really

theres silent hill of course, eternal darkness (ftw) and some other titles like haunting ground and clock tower
He was asking Survival Horror games for DS
laugh.gif

Hm, yeah, there are only those two games. You could try getting a SNES emulator and play Clocktower...

Truliche

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ecuador
I don't think you'll ever be scared playing in the subway with loud noises and people around you, especially if it's a DS game (little screen, limited hardware capabilites), unless of course you are the biggest pansy of all time.

Better look somewhere else for the scare factor, and by that I mean a big, big length away from the DS.

S

scubersteve

OP
lol.
wearing headphones at max volume on any game with a DS sound VERY different from its speakers.
The sound is more focused, thus giving a more suspenseful or scary enviroment.

A few years back, I tried this with Resident Evil 3 on a PSP.
I had never played it before, so when Nemesis jumped through the window, I made the subway a little awkward.

So...
Basically, there are ones coming, but nothing else right now?

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's some Japanese ones, too, but the language barrier is bad for survival horror... wasn't there some bizarre survival-horror-puzzle game?

You could try Trace Memory (aka Another Code: Two Memories). It's not survival horror, but has some of the feel to it.

Or you could go for some GBA or emulated games... there must have been at least a few GBA survival horror games, but I can't recall any off the top of my head.

For the NES, there's Sweet Home, which is an odd Survival Horror RPG. You'll need to use a fan translation patch, but it's a pretty good one. Obviously, being for the NES limits its graphical fright capability, but I liked it. There's also Uninvited, which is another adventure game that isn't exactly survival horror, but has a horror feel.

(Actually, I'm surprised they haven't remade Uninvited / Deja Vu / Shadowkeep for the DS. They'd work very well in that format.)

Jaejae

Superfly Don't Used
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
There is that Simple DS series one, I can't remember the name off hand, but it looked pretty survival horror-ish.
Doom and Quake are always good, I remember being scared shitless playing Doom when it first came out.

Lodis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please suggest a good one for me?
I wanna put on headphones and play on the subway.
Then, when something scary happens, I can get starteled, and creep out the people around me.
=D

I have played:
Resident Evil (not much shoce value, if you ask me)
Dementium (god, this was repetative)

Suggest away!

I don't know of any more types of games for the DS but then for me, headphones on + subway = theft.

S

scubersteve

OP
when have you EVER actually been robbed on a subway, unless you do something stupid?

Well, I'm in Canada, and the people are GENERALLY nicer up here.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Just remembered, what about Hotel Dusk? It's not a survival horror as such, but it's a pretty creepy horror adventure. Excellent graphical style to it as well that really adds atmosphere (although if you hate Tom Goes To The Mayor you might not like the animation style)

S

scubersteve

OP
OK... I've played touch the dead.
And I don't understand why everyone says it sucks.
It's basically Time Crisis without a story.
And it has more shock factor.

I've played Hotel Dusk before, thinking it was gonna be scary shit (with a name like that, all the way down to a room number, it has to be scary).
It REALLY wasn't.
I couldn't get into it at all.
I guess I'm just impatient like that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [louder cricket sounds]