[SUPPORT] The BootCTR9 support thread

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by RednaxelaNnamtra, Jul 23, 2016.

1. RednaxelaNnamtra
    OP

RednaxelaNnamtra GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 8, 2011
    Germany
    It hast something to do with caching, there is a version which fixed it in this thread, I will search for it later.
    I'm also working on few other fixes.

Edit: was this version:
    https://gbatemp.net/attachments/boot-zip.92626/

Last edited by RednaxelaNnamtra, Sep 22, 2017
    SirNapkin1334 likes this.
  2. SirNapkin1334

SirNapkin1334 Renound Aritst

Aug 20, 2017
    United States
    Crap Mountain
    Thanks so much! :yay3ds:

3. Kazuma77

Kazuma77 GBAtemp Maniac

May 11, 2008
    United States
    For me, the fix is worse than the problem. That version gives a black screen if you try to run Decrypt9, CBM9 (I hotkey it for a menu of less used apps), or anything else text-based other than GodMode9. I decided to just tolerate the crashes until a new version is announced (hopefully it will be soon). They don't happen that often.

4. RednaxelaNnamtra
    OP

Dec 8, 2011
    Germany
    Yeah, I changed the stack address, and overwrote the old framebuffer addresses this way (alway keep in mind what happens where in the memory I you have some fixed addresses you write/read to/from ^^'), but I will try to get a new dev build out today, since it seems to be working now :)

Last edited by RednaxelaNnamtra, Oct 1, 2017
  5. Kazuma77

Kazuma77 GBAtemp Maniac

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Well, it fixed CBM9, but Decrypt9 still won't load for some odd reason. I guess I could put D9 on the CBM9 menu. It's good to see a new release though. It has been a long time.

6. cl_yde_

cl_yde_ Member

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2017
    United Kingdom
    how do you access gm9 and luma config while having this?

7. RednaxelaNnamtra
    OP

Dec 8, 2011
    Germany
    you can define a pause between selecting and loading a payload and starting it, this way you have enought time to press the buttons needed for accessing the configuration.

8. TheShadowRunner

TheShadowRunner I'm like you, I have no name.

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Could you explain how exactly 'enableAutosoftboot = 1' works? I'm confused, thanks,

9. RednaxelaNnamtra
    OP

Dec 8, 2011
    Germany
    If you are asking about the user perspektive, if enabled, it will remenber the last thing you started, and if your system does a softreboot, like after exiting from system settings, it will automaticaly forward to the last used payload.

Last edited by RednaxelaNnamtra, Jan 21, 2018
    TheShadowRunner likes this.
  10. Conti93

Conti93 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2014
    Italy
    Forlì
    Hi all.
    I've got an O3DS XL with a Gateway which I updated yesterday from a9lh to b9s, SysNAND 9.2.0 and EmuNAND updated to 11.6.0-39E using unofficial update (since Gateway stopped updating their product, and yes, I want to keep it since it's useful in certain situations) and updated gateway.firm to launch it.
    I also updated BootCTR9 to the last version linked in the release thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-the-bootctr9-release-thread.435347/page-6#post-7608943
    Adjusted boot_config.ini:
    Code:
    ;Configurazione generale
    [BOOTCTR9]
    key_delay = 1000
    boot_splash = 3
    boot_splash_image = /boot9strap/BootCtr9.bin
    screenBrightness = 0x80
    enableAutosoftboot = 1

;Gateway 3DS
    [DEFAULT]
    path = luma/payloads/Gateway.firm
    screenBrightness = 0x80

;Luma 3DS
    [KEY_DUP]
    path = luma/Luma.firm
    screenBrightness = 0x80
    And all is well. I can launch Gateway EmuNAND and Luma on SysNAND/EmuNAND.
    However, every time I launch a DS game it crashes as soon as it soft-reboots (I guess? When you click play, the screen goes black and normally after 3 or 4 seconds the game would usually play):
    [​IMG]

Tried on my other O3DS (Sys 9.2.0, Emu 11.3.0, a9lh and old Luma) with a9lh version of BootCTR9, even the latest, and it works.
    Back to my XL, I tried launching it without BootCTR9 and DS games works as usual in that way. Are there any limitation with b9s version of BootCTR9? Or am I doing something wrong?

Last edited by Conti93, Mar 22, 2018
  11. TheShadowRunner

TheShadowRunner I'm like you, I have no name.

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    From where do you launch it? luma/sysnand should work.

12. Conti93

Conti93 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2014
    Italy
    Forlì
    At first I tried my Supercard DSTwo on Luma EmuNAND, first crash; realized maybe I needed SysNAND so I rebooted into it with Luma, but it did not work. Then I tested it with an original DS cartridge, same result.
    It's something related to the b9s version of BootCTR9 (or a b9s Luma bug/limitation), since the a9lh version works without a hitch with DS games/flashcards on my O3DS with older a9lh Luma & BootCTR9. Or am I missing something?

In the end I used Luma chainloader: with no input it launches Luma on EmuNAND and pressing dpad up it launches BootCTR9 (in this case renamed up_BootCTR9.firm) with minimal configuration (no delays, no splash) which loads the original a9lh launcher for Gateway. In this way I can play DS games/flashcards in Luma Sys/EmuNAND with no errors and launch Gateway EmuNAND with the press of a key.
    boot_config.ini used:
    Code:
    [BOOTCTR9]
    screenBrightness = 0x80
    [DEFAULT]
    path = luma/payloads/Gateway.bin
    screenBrightness = 0x80 ;A little bit useless with that second line.

OT: WHY ON EARTH b9s Luma chainloader hotkeys do not work when Luma isn't installed on CTRNAND? I didn't (marginally) care about booting without an SD and I couldn't launch up_BootCTR9.firm or other renamed .firms with their proper hotkeys until I installed Luma on CTRNAND. And it's launching from the SD, since I deleted the BootCTR9 .firm and gateway .bin from the CTRNAND (since you can't boot Gateway without an EmuNAND..) and it's only on the SD. Whatever, at least it works, but...

Last edited by Conti93, Mar 23, 2018
  13. RednaxelaNnamtra
    OP

Dec 8, 2011
    Germany
    I will check it out later, on a9lh it works because of the path redirection patch, but it should not be needed anymore with b9s, because the path is one of the params a payload gets.

Conti93 likes this.
  14. SirNapkin1334

SirNapkin1334 Renound Aritst

Aug 20, 2017
    United States
    Crap Mountain
    https://3ds.hacks.guide/troubleshooting#dsi--ds-functionality-is-broken-after-completing-the-guide

15. Conti93

Conti93 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2014
    Italy
    Forlì
    Last edited by Conti93, Mar 27, 2018
  16. nitrozz

nitrozz GBAtemp Fan

May 5, 2009
    Portugal
    Edit: deleted

Last edited by nitrozz, Mar 30, 2018
  17. RednaxelaNnamtra
    OP

Dec 8, 2011
    Germany
    Sorry for the late responce, which version of BootCTR9 did you use? Is it this version:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-the-bootctr9-release-thread.435347/page-6#post-7608943

With this version and luma 9.0 it works without a problem on my n2ds, I tested a dsi enhanced and a normal nds game.

18. newbie_3ds

newbie_3ds Member

Newcomer
    Jul 5, 2018
    Cyprus
    I just installed cfw using the guide on the site, and i have GW Emunand in my sd card as well. I want to install and use BootCTR with my cfw so everytime i turn on the console to bootup automatically in GW Emunand and if i hold down the L button while i bootup it will go to luma cfw. Can someone help how to do it?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice