Hacking [SUPPORT] rxTools Official technical support thread

Jubash

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I tried this tutorial https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/ and this https://gbatemp.net/threads/beginners-guide-–-how-to-setup-your-3ds-for-gbatemp.399538/page-7 and I'm getting a blank screen and my 3DS freezes after I try to open the .dat file through browser. My o3DS is on sysNAND 7.2.0-17U, without any CFW or emuNAND atm. Any help?

EDIT: Using https://dukesrg.github.io/?rxTools/sys/code.bin seems to crash the web browser
EDIT2: It also seems that my Health and Safety app has gone... I'm at a lost

EDIT3: Well... let me tell the full story:
I bought a 3DS with rxTools installed, tried to inject FBI on sysNAND to install a .cia needed to play GBA games on rxTools and it failed, but since I didn't knew what unlocking method was used on the CFW installation, tried to install it again from scratch. I already formatted the SD Card (done a full backup of the content of the card before that) and formatted the 3DS itself. Since then, I'm facing all theses issues...
Is there any way to undo all this mess?

EDIT4: http://go.gateway-3ds.com/ also freezes my 3DS...

Last edited by Jubash,

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am using the latest nightly build the 12\05\2015 on a N3DS it is running sweet, pasta mode works, everything is great

Just 2 quick fire questions please folks

1. i am using the cakes FW files, i am hearing i only need the main one and no longer need the cetk one, could anyone please confirm this ?

2. is multi region working on this for N3DS now ?

Thank you kindly in advance :)

Alejandro Velasco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I had an R4 card with NDS games on my 3DS XL before installing the CFW on it; after installing the CFW and rxTools everything worked nice on the EmuNAND, except for the R4 card, if I try to open it from the EmuNAND, it crashes and my Nintendo shows a message telling me to restart it. I imagined this could happen before trying to open it, so I tried to access tot he R4 card through the SysNAND, it opened its menu and everything looked fine, except that when I tried to access a game, it went to the R4 loading screen for a moment (as it always do) and then it went to white screen on both screens. I had to restart my console having pushed the power button, then I tried again and I found that my R4 opens Homebrew apps like emulators or Super Smash Bros. Crash, just not the games. After that I noticed something else, every time I access to the R4 card it disables my rxTools for launching from the Profile menu; I have to launch it from Internet again and then I have to reinstall the MSET ROP from FBI for it to work properly again.

Obviously my rxTools is on an SD card that I put on my 3DS' SD slot and my R4 has it's own microSD.

Thanks.

kumorebikun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I had an R4 card with NDS games on my 3DS XL before installing the CFW on it; after installing the CFW and rxTools everything worked nice on the EmuNAND, except for the R4 card, if I try to open it from the EmuNAND, it crashes and my Nintendo shows a message telling me to restart it. I imagined this could happen before trying to open it, so I tried to access tot he R4 card through the SysNAND, it opened its menu and everything looked fine, except that when I tried to access a game, it went to the R4 loading screen for a moment (as it always do) and then it went to white screen on both screens. I had to restart my console having pushed the power button, then I tried again and I found that my R4 opens Homebrew apps like emulators or Super Smash Bros. Crash, just not the games. After that I noticed something else, every time I access to the R4 card it disables my rxTools for launching from the Profile menu; I have to launch it from Internet again and then I have to reinstall the MSET ROP from FBI for it to work properly again.

Obviously my rxTools is on an SD card that I put on my 3DS' SD slot and my R4 has it's own microSD.

Thanks.

This happens because you're using the MSET exploit to access rxTools. Try using the spider method to start up your cfw or maybe upgrade your sysNAND to 9.2 and use the autoboot method :)

Rei

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a 4.3.0-6E O3DS XL. I installed emuNAND using the rxTools; and my emuNAND is now 10.3.0-26E or something.

Now I want to use BrowserHax in order to make it coldboot; but I'm not able to use any of the new rxTools with my 3DS XL. I used an older version of rxTools (one with .dat, I think it was 2.6), and to update my sysNAND to 9.2; I read that I need the newer versions of rxTools in order to use devmode.

I was actually applying same steps to another O3DS 7.1.0E (not XL), and everything worked flawlessly on that end. So I know where to copy files, whether it is firm folder or firmware.bin; I have everything set up in the right place. Yet whenever I try to access rxTools via SPIDER, I always get an error about launching.

Is the version too low? From the guides I saw, I should be able to launch the latest rxTools... I can get an Omega Ruby or something else in order to update my 3DS to something below 9.2 if required?

Last edited by Rei,

adiktus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's something I just want to make sure before installing a cia to sysnand. I have setup my 2ds to run rxtools at boot. If I select rxmode sysnand, the 2ds boots into sysnand again. Do I have to stop the coldboot into rxtools then and end up in rxtools sysnand?

ElectricJelly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello folks. I'm on the the 10-02-15 nightly and currently trying to update my emunand to the latest, but i'm having problems. I've tried sysupdater (installed in CIA form) to install 9.9.0-26U (also all in CIA form, from a certain ISO site), but sysupdater says the following:

fs:Exception:
fs.cpp:85: Result: 0xC86044D2
Did you store the update files in '/updates'?

They are indeed in that folder on my SD card's root.

When trying to update via the system menu, it gets about a quarter of the way through the progress bar, than craps out with the "an error has occurred" message. My emunand is 4.2.0-9U and the sysnand is 9.0.0-20U
I followed samiam144's tut to get where I am. I'm also using CtrBootManager 1.2 to get into my rxtools emunand relatively painlessly..

Thanks

Last edited by ElectricJelly,

_SteelSeries_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Getting this error everytime i try to install cias (24gb free space and some cias ALREADY installed) O3DS 9.2 sysnand running 10.3 Emunand.

Install Failed! Could not install app.
Raw error: 0xc8e08001
Module: AM (0x20) Level : Status (0x19)
Summary: Invalid argument (0x7)
Descrpition: Unknown description (0x1)

D

Deleted User

Any way I can get this to work on an O3DS XL with FW 8.1.0-19U? I have OOT and a gateway (not for this system).

cdogg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So there is a black icon showing up in my emuNAND. I read earlier that you "just get your FBI to uninstall some user installed titles on your Emunand! See those around the end of your list."

Not sure which title is tha blank one though... any advice?

I think it is from when I stupidly tried to install FBI to NAND before realizing I had to create the blank .db files to install it to SD.

FIXED: Yep it was the FBI I installed to nand. I just deleted CTR-P-CFBI from NAND, rebooted, went into emuNAND and the black icon is gone.

Last edited by cdogg,
D

Diagamma

Question: if I install rxTools using the SD card that comes with the 3DS and that later I choose to buy a bigger card, if I copy all the stuff on the old SD card to the new, will it still work?

jaykureno

Trophies
XP
Country
I have just got rxtools 2.6 working but I am trying to use the 3.0 nightly. I start it up through the HBL and it installs files and then goes to a black screen. Any idea what to do?

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone know what the error "failed to load NATIVE_FIRM: 5" means? i'm on a freshly downgraded 9.2U n3ds(downgraded after the issues with CFW not working). i assumed it was a problem with the firmware.bin i have, but i've tried several different ones and renamed them to different things after following a guide to the letter. not sure what's going on.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
is there a way to boot into rxTools mode using hombrew just like GW ?
i am using menuhax 2 to boot to homebrew launcher and from there i can chose what ever i want

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night