Hacking SuperDump

Volsfan91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I don't need to combine parts, how can I just take a BIN and convert it to an ISO for use on Dolphin?

Tried:

Mounting and ripping -> didn't work
MagicISO -> wouldn't open the BIN

titiln

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Rock Band said:
Can somebody help me, I have no idea what I'm doing. I have this thing booted up in the homebrew channel and no matter what options I select, it keeps saying "Error reading sector data" Am I missing something or do I not have the right options set? I'm trying to dump my RB1 disc onto my empty SD card with enough space.

Edit: Nevermind I figured it out. If anybody happens to have the same problem as me, go here.
i had this same exact problem and tried out what you said and it worked perfectly. thanks!

darkovo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried it today with Guitar Hero World Tour & works great.
I then tried USB Loader GX (latest version) & rips in approx the same timeframe.

Both products created an ISO with exactly the same size file, so which does it better?
(I ripped both to USB Hard Drive)

Both products have advantages:

USB Loader GX names it correctly (if you have the name database on your SD), then its ready to play straight away.
To extract to PC in order to burn etc I need WBFS Manager installed to be able to read the file format on the drive.

Superdump dumps straight to FAT32 drive so is then accessible by most PCs/MAC although I have to combine the files to create the ISO, then give it a meaningful name.

I'm interested in learning if Superdump & USB Loader GX share most of the same code (probably) and if either have any faults that could create errors in the ISO?

alfaalex101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeap, for a single GC game (assuming you chose the 3gb option thus one part) just change the extension from .bin to .iso and then it will work and you can make a multigame ISO or what not. My question now is for the Wii games, what do you do with all those .bin files? How do you join them into one ISO? Are you supposed to use an external program (Running Windows XP)?

SuperDump dumps the games really fast btw! Life saver man
smileipb2.png
!!!

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
This goes into the command prompt for Windows XP and up.
Code:
copy /b 0.bin+1.bin+2.bin wii.iso

And to recap, for *nix systems (including Mac OS X):
Code:
cat 0.bin 1.bin 2.bin > wii.iso

Add/remove #.bin files as necessary. If it doesn't work, the files probably aren't in the same directory the Terminal is in.

caiweilian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
so if i wanna make backup of my games, i can just dump it and burn the .bin after changing the .bin extension to .iso... Am i right to say that? Pls advise.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WILL PEOPLE STOP SAYING THIS DOESNT NEED A NETWORK VERSION?!?!

There are plenty of reasons why! Not everybody has

A) A big enough USB stick or SD card available to dump a game to

B) A Windows PC to bring the parts together.

I am getting really sick and tired of people on this board thinking that just because the majority is doing something "F**k the minority" That attitude was heavy when the HD loaders came out and some of us still wanted to use disc. EVERY developer knows that to have a good product you have to keep the least common denominator in mind. why the f**c do you people think the Wii is so damn successful?!?! Nintendo knew that not everyone had a fancy HDTV or even have the money to plop down on a expensive console so, they developed for the least common denominator and it payed them over ten fold. While this app (SuperDump) has achieved something truly great with extremely fast disc dumping, the developer has forgotten the MOST IMPORTANT rule of software development. THIS APP NEEDS A NETWORK MODE! Nuff said!

tueidj

I R Expert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You're missing the point completely - why should I reimplement a feature that already exists in at least 3 other dumping programs?

BenieUK

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
When i download the file, it shows up with a .dol codec. I cant open the file, please help!

A .dol file needs to be run through the Homebrew Channel on your wii NOT your PC.

BoomDivX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LightyKD said:

[...]

Hum... on what computer are you going to download the files by WiFi if you don't have a PC? >_>

And to answer why you should do it even if 3 other apps are doing it:
- one program to do all is better in my opinion
- "why should I reimplement a feature that already exists in at least 3 other dumping programs?" Because you're program is already doing something the 3 others are doing, but faster!

I really appreciate your work! Keep it up.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BoomDivX said:
LightyKD said:

[...]

Hum... on what computer are you going to download the files by WiFi if you don't have a PC? >_>

i think he means he is either running on Linux or OS X, or some other non-Microsoft operating system.
if you are on a Linux machine you can use the cat command in terminal to combine the parts, i also am most certain this will work with MAC as well since both os's have a terminal.
CODE
cat 1.bin 2.bin 3.bin 4.bin > game.iso
this will combine the .bin files into one file, that is if you can get a usb hard drive or a sdhc card to dump it with, since i see that is one of your problems.
though i completely agree with LightyKD wifi is a option that should definitely be included in this app, ppl have preferences.
to make a truly good app is to try to cater to a wide audience e.g. ppl who prefer wifi dumping.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird: @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on...